(Unger Park DGC is permanently closed)

Re: Thoughts after playing Unger!!

Postby f-b-i- on Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:13 pm

geoff bennett shot a 57 ,bryan j shot a 58 i shot a 59
f-b-i-
Bogey Poster

Postby dehaas on Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:55 pm

Got out and had a chance to play yesterday in the gusting winds. I liked the course, it really seemed like it plays to the smart golfer. You've definitely gotta play for your pars and not try to do too much, or else you're gonna end up in trouble real quick. Almost all of the front 9 was a muddy bog, and that's the only problem with the course I can see. It'll be interesting to see how nasty it gets at the Crosstown Rumble when we've had more rain and have 40 or so people playing it at the same time.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:50 pm

It is a golf course you get better playing. U must focus of some sorts, or else you will have disc go away. Very much fun if U want to get better.

I luv this golf course when it is not muddy 8-) 8-) 8-)
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:42 pm

NB 55 today at Unger. He said it was basic. I said do that, 10 times in a row :) , not to be done in a row :roll:
He went swimming :o and found all kinds of disc, including mine and his 8-) , a bunch of good plastic also, NO NAME, NO NOTHINHG :oops: . Are people that not smart to put there name and number on the disc. These disc are gone. You must put name and number on disc. This course is the bomb but you will loose disc at some point on this course at some point in time. Just like any ball golf course you will loose balls at some point :shock: :twisted:

Peace
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby dehaas on Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:46 am

Yeah, I'd definitely agree with playing Unger a lot will improve your game. It'll help the accuracy tons, and I was actually surprised that there were as many righty anhyzer shots as what there were. Putting will be key to a good score out here too (not like it ever isnt) because you're not gonna get many inside 10 ft park jobs. Nice course, to me it falls in the same category with Alton and Centralia in regards to playing smart and safe or you're gonna get owned.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby HITMAN on Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:46 pm

rondisc wrote:. Are people that not smart to put there name and number on the disc. These disc are gone.
Peace

Yes Ron I am that not smart. BTW did you find an orange pro d challenger? No name or number
HITMAN
Par Poster

Postby rondisc on Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:08 pm

I have no idea what he found but he said there was plenty NO NAME NO NUMBER. Hitman a sharpie does not cost much. Not even a chance of asking for at least 2 weeks. Gone out of town.
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby forehand on Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:20 pm

he ran off to me what he found and i dont remember him sayn anything bout a challenger.
TAG #1
forehand
Birdie Poster

Postby dehaas on Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:18 pm

I found two discs washed up on the lake the other day and handed them off to a guy my buddy and I kinda fell into a group with. I'm over in Illinois and figure he'd have a better shot at returning them than I would. One was a red Innova X-out with a name and number on it, and if I remember the other was an E Element, had a pdga number and maybe a name. The guy I was playing with was Tim...didn't catch a last name if that helps anybody.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:31 pm

dehaas wrote:I found two discs washed up on the lake the other day and handed them off to a guy my buddy and I kinda fell into a group with. I'm over in Illinois and figure he'd have a better shot at returning them than I would. One was a red Innova X-out with a name and number on it, and if I remember the other was an E Element, had a pdga number and maybe a name. The guy I was playing with was Tim...didn't catch a last name if that helps anybody.

Hopefully the friend/person will at least call the # :oops: karma will doom you :evil: if you do not at least call :?

:ugeek:
rondisc
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Unger Park