Quail Ridge 5th Annual Halloween Glow - Friday, October 21st

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Quail Ridge 5th Annual Halloween Glow - Friday, October 21st

Postby magic on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:55 am

The full size flyer can be found under the events section if there are problems viewing this one.
Attachments
2011 Halloween Glow Flyer - small.jpg
2011 Halloween Glow Flyer - small.jpg (108.69 KiB) Viewed 683 times
magic
Ace Poster

Re: Quail Ridge 5th Annual Halloween Glow - Friday, October

Postby magic on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:58 am

My guess is that if the weather is decent for this event that it will have a full field. The Halloween glow has traditionally had more participants then the Summer Glow and there were 67 participants for that.

To pre-register for this event a check in the amount of $5 can be mailed to:
Andy Majesky
136 Marble Crossing Drive
Wentzville, MO 63385

If for any reason you find out you can not play and notify me by noon on the day of the event I will refund all money in full.

I know that many players won’t send a check ahead of time and I’d still like to come up with a way to continue being lenient on the pre-registrations. I’ll get something figured out and post here within the next week.

I plan on being at Quail Ridge tomorrow to help out for the final night of league. You can pay me then and again I'll refund all money as long as I'm notified by noon the day of the event.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:14 am

There are no divisions for this event and it is not flighted. It is an entirely fun yet competitive event. There will be a cash payout for around the top 1/3 of the field. I know there were some complaints last year when first place won something around $25 with a field of almost 70 players. Not really sure what one can expect when the entry fee is only $5 and there are CTP's on every hole not to mention the cost of the shelter rental and glow sticks for the baskets. I just wanted to make sure that all participants are aware that even if you win first place in a huge field you can't expect a $100 payout. If you dig around a little bit the results and payout from last years event is posted further back somewhere.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:45 pm

Let's get this bumped up.

I have ordered another 100 of the LED lights. They are 4 for $5. I have plenty of the other glow sticks available at 3 for $1.

I'm going to keep the pre-registration as I have for previous events. If you let me know you will be there I will get you registered without payment up front. A few people have already paid. Thanks! If you pre-register though and don't give me any heads up that you won't make it I will have to blacklist you and not let you pre-register for another event without payment ahead of time. Up until about 3:30 on Friday you can call, email or text me and I can get you registered or remove your name from the registration list. After that I can't guarantee I will have time to deal with it.

The weather looks like it is going to be perfect!
Last edited by magic on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:51 pm

Here is a picture of the trophy for the 1st place. It is the only trophy being given out and it was donated for free. My daughter insisted on being included in the picture!
Attachments
Trophy.jpg
Trophy.jpg (119.02 KiB) Viewed 622 times
magic
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:19 pm

I just finished carving up the pumpkins and everything else is ready to go. It's going to be a great night for glow!

We are up to about 40 pre-registered. I'm guessing that we won't have a full field, but it sounds like there will definitely be a good turnout. Give me a quick heads up and I'll get you pre-registered just in case.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby _VW_ on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:12 am

Hey there, can't wait to play tonight, I just wanted to give you a heads up, or at least my best effort to pre-register, I will be there with two other buddies.
That will be myself (Vince Weber), Jesse Baker, and Jeff Iden.
Thanks again
_VW_
Bogey Poster

Postby magic on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:31 am

You are good Vince.

I will be checking this board occassionally until about 3:30. After that you will have to call and no guarantee I will have time to answer.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby _VW_ on Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:26 pm

Could you please add one more to the list, Matt Augustine will be there as well, we are coming as a group, hopefully be there around 530-545

thanks
vince
_VW_
Bogey Poster

Postby magic on Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:04 am

Thanks to everyone who made it out. Also thanks to Jim Nelms, Chris Horvath and Tim Wiegard for lighting up the baskets. Shanx helped with the payouts too.

There were 64 players for a total of $320 in entry fees. The glow sticks for the baskets were $60 and the shelter rental was $40. There was $90 given out in CTP’s. That left $130 for the payout. I planned on adding $40 from the sale of the glow sticks, but made a mistake in favor of the players and added $66. The total payout was $196.

One card was not turned in, but I don't think the scores would have made the payout.

There were CTP’s on every hole. Each one consisted of $5 cash and a 3 Musketeers bar. The candy bars were donated for free by my extreme couponing wife! The winner of hole 11’s CTP also won a pair of New Belgium beer glasses. Shanx didn’t keep the flags, so don’t know who were the winners.

Below are the scores with the payout on the right.

47 Dieter Neumann $25
48 Jeff Junte $20
48 Derek Green $20
49 Morgan Hart $17
49 Gary Polkinghorne $17
49 David Bates $17
50 Matt Augustin $15
50 Steve Hamilton $15
50 Joe Hart $15
51 Vince Weber $10
52 Brian Walls $5
52 Eric Lewis $5