JB Doubles Summer League Session 2 - Starts 7/19

Lemay/Mehlville, MO

Re: JB Doubles Summer League Session 2 - Starts 7/19

Postby discdoh on Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:06 pm

Here are the final results of the JB Doubles Summer II League....

No ACES were hit, so this was officially an ACELESS doubles session. That does not happen often! As I stated earlier in this thread, this means that all of the ACE POOL money will be given away next week. There will be a $25 CTP on every hole during The Battle at the Barracks Warm-Up! Have at it!

Congratulations to all of the winners! If you came in 1st or 2nd place in your division, you will be receiving an awesome Neil Brown plaque. If you came in 3rd place and would like a plaque as well, please let me know and I can have one made up for you for around $8. Just let me know ASAP...

Thanks to everyone that participated in any of the league sessions this year! Everything seemed to go pretty smoothly (other than one crappy incident), so I look forward to coordinating the leagues next year.

See you next week!

league notes summer ii '11 week 9-001 [1024x768].jpg
league notes summer ii '11 week 9-001 [1024x768].jpg (164.94 KiB) Viewed 915 times
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Strange on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:52 pm

I crashed the chains hard on 15 yesterday. I couldn't believe when I rounded the corner & wasn't in there. Most painful bounceout.ever
Strange
Birdie Poster

Postby _VW_ on Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:29 am

I can't believe nobody was able to clean up on that huge ace pool, I'm sure Strange wasn't the only one with a near miss...
Since it is being laid over to the week nine activity (of which i am a huge fan since apparently i am not the only one who can't hit an ace), i was wondering if you were going to only let players that took part in the eight week league chase the CTP$?
I know that there are a lot of local players, past league members etc. who like out come out and take part in the wacky week nine activities (including the pizza, CTJ etc.), it would kinda suck if a player, who didn't donate during the eight weeks, came out and cleaned house.
Or maybe any player who would like to come out just for the wacky nine, could pay the eight dollars the rest of us gradually paid into the pot. This way they will not be shooting for the everyone's money, and it would make the holes worth more.

Just a thought, not trying to start any drama

Vince
_VW_
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:12 am

You are absolutely correct, Vince. Thanks for pointing this out. I meant to make mention of this earlier in the posts, but it must have slipped my mind. I also like your idea about guests being able to pay $8 in addition to their $5 donation in order to be eligible to shoot for the ACE POOL CTPs too. So, in other words, a guest can play in the Battle at the Barracks Warm-Up tournament for a trophy only for a minimum $5 donation or the can play for a trophy and all of the ACE POOL CTPs for a minimum $13 donation. Any donation level also gets you access to the pizza party and CTJ Extravaganza. Sounds like a plan...

BTW, I will not be setting up the Battle at the Barracks Warm-Up course layout until Tuesday morning. This will keep anyone from getting any practice in hopefully.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:17 pm

No question Doh or VW they will be coming out of the woodworks know there is 450 up for grabs. We will see players we have not seen in a while...
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:21 am

OK.

I have heard a few complaints. It seems that the majority seems to think $13 is too cheap for the guests to get in on the ACE POOL. I'm not sure I agree, but I do see the reasoning.

I hate to say it, but I think a $20 buy in for 18 x $25 CTPs doesnt seem like a bad deal.

A lot of people have spent a lot of time playing every week, and they dont want to feel trampled on when an "outsider" gets a piece of the pie.

I hate to adjust things, but it is Thursday after all...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby jdix42 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:41 am

not only have we been paying and playing every week but throughout the season there were only a handful of ace opportunities each week. now every hole will be reachable for everyone and worth money just for getting closest. So an outsider could come in and take a piece of our pie on a somewhat cupcake course.
I believe $13 dollars is way to cheap. $20 minimum. If they dont like it join the league next time or just pay the $5 and enjoy the course, the format, and the pizza party.
Just my opinion, but Whatever Greg decides is fine with me.
jdix42
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:18 pm

Here are the results from the Battle at the Barracks Warm-Up...

Thanks to everyone that participated in this years Doubles Series! It was a ton of fun! I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did.

Don't forget that the final league of the year starts up next Tuesday. It is a Singles league this time around. You can show up whenever you like, or you can show up every week. I pay out on a weekly basis, so just make it when you can. Check under The Battle at the Barracks thread on this discussion board for all of the details.

did you get your voucher end league-001 [1024x768].jpg
did you get your voucher end league-001 [1024x768].jpg (64.91 KiB) Viewed 796 times
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Strange on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:01 am

Man, it's hard to believe that my CTP on 10 was beat considering it was touching the pole. I guess someones disc actually imbedded in the metal itself or aced. Impressive
Strange
Birdie Poster

Postby discdoh on Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:10 am

I just checked the card out, and it looks like he got a 25 pointer on that one. In the basket just barely happens to be better than touching the pole.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Jefferson Barracks