Players Only Tour League

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Re: Players Only Tour League

Postby slippy on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:54 pm

:D
Last edited by slippy on Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
slippy
Par Poster

Postby eupher61 on Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:34 am

Any tournament that gets pushed back more than 10-15 minutes start time is poorly run. There are always situations that can cause small problems that makes a few extra minutes needed. But even a half hour is too much.
When the TD makes a call, that call is firm. Hopefully, the call will be made to delay ONLY for good reason. If it's some piddly thing that causes a 45 minute delay, that is reason to complain to the sanctioning body, be it local or worldwide. But, given human tendancies, a few minutes shouldn't be complained about.

Please, c'mon back to tourneys. Things are going to be changing round heah...
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Postby irwinje on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:38 pm

Having given this a considerable amount of thought, and talking with others, it seems to make more sense to split the field into 2 divisions after both rounds are completed. This puts equal weight and importance on both rounds and the final score.
This would have altered the payout from week one, and I apologize for the confusion. But as I mentioned in a previous post, this league will continue evolve and become better as we figure out what works best for the most people. Again, we will be dividing the field into 2 divisions after both rounds are complete, so final added score determines which division you fall into. This also allows us to re-card people for the 2nd round based on their 1st round score rather than which division they are in. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

REMINDER: This Saturday 9/10/11 at Endicott 9:00am Tee Off.
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby mkane on Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:35 pm

Post Deleted
Last edited by mkane on Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby Bradley101 on Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:41 pm

Let me make this short and sweet.When i started the jb nooner i had no support from the club.However they were kind enough to let me post news and updates on there site.I in return never let the nooner interfear with any club events.I am very proud of what i started and glad other members kept the nooner going.my point is ,Jeff u should be grateful that this format is at your disposal.Chris i also think jeff has a good idea and we should support him.
Bradley101

Postby irwinje on Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:02 pm

Players Only Tour League goes on anyway, this is not an intentional conflict with other events, it just so happens to be on the same day.

$10 will get you into the Players Only Tour this Saturday at Endicott. Be there between 8:30 and 8:50 for a 9:00 am tee off and remember to bring a lunch/snack so we can keep this short & sweet. We were all out of Creve by 3:00, I think we can be done at Endicott by 1:30

Bradley,
I am grateful for this on-line resource and the ability to advertise on it. I'm also grateful for your support, I hope to see you at the JB in a few weeks for the Players Only Tour on 9/24
Last edited by irwinje on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby mkane on Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:44 am

Post Deleted
Last edited by mkane on Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:50 am

A few thoughts on this league/tour and then I won't comment on this issue again. I just wanted to let Jeff know where I stand on this and why.

I have thought about it and decided that I will not post this flyer at QR and can’t see myself endorsing it. There is simply no reason to call this the P.O.T. League. The name itself doesn’t really make much sense and yourself as a former president of the club has to understand why some people have an issue with the name of this league. This sport already has perception issues to overcome; things like the name of this league don’t help.

You’re an intelligent person Jeff. It would probably take you all of 30 seconds to change the name on the flyer. Why not just go with P.O.L. (Players Only League). It doesn’t change the concept of what you are trying to do and will satisfy those of us that have a problem with it. Get the name changed and I’ll have a laminated flyer for you posted at QR tomorrow. I’ll even throw some bells and whistles on there if that is what you want.

You seem to have made this a somewhat personal issue, so I’m sure I can’t change your mind. For all I know I might become the next target of your personal attacks. I won’t go there. I’m simply asking you to change one word and I’ll be fully behind what you are doing.

Honestly, this league/tour isn’t really my cup of tea, but I do hope that if it becomes successful and competes with RCF events that the RCF will realize that it needs to stop nickel and diming the same individuals who play their events over and over. That is a completely different discussion though.

I’m certainly not the ruler of the QR kiosk though. I just try to use a little common sense when deciding what to post there. You can submit a flyer directly to the parks dept for approval if you like. You aren’t the first person who I have had issues with on a flyer or league concept. Greg D’oh made a flyer before for the Valentines Massacre that I had issues with and would not post. I’m sure he thought I was being a pain in the ass, but he made the changes I asked him to and the issue was resolved.

I just wanted to let you know why you won’t see your flyer posted at QR. Please consider changing one word and I think you can satisfy everyone.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:47 pm

Majic,
Just my 2cents, people will figure this out regardess of posting or not if it endures the time factor...
Who cares if it works. I know how you think and not posting at your course is fine. I could not care if it was name the sheeeet tour if it works. Some players want something that does not have all of the BS that is currently happening now within the club. Extra BS is just what it is extra BS. Some people like it some don't.

L8r,
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:37 am

Results
Endicott: 9/10/11 (6) Participants
A-Flight
Jeff Irwin: 52_57_109
Jake Harrison: 54_56_110
Tim Lewis: 60_53_113
B-Flight
Brian Bingham: 58_60_118
Sean Beaury: 63_63_126
Chris Lane: 70_62_132

Jefferson Barracks: 9/24/11 (8) Participants
A-Flight
Tom Murdick: 52_51_103 ($30)
Jeff Irwin: 58_54_112 ($20)
Jay Adams: 58_55_113
Jeff McCluskey: 52_63_115
B-Flight
Ted Spies: 61_56_117 ($15)
Miguel Dominguez: 61_56_117 ($15)
Atti Bazdrecsh: 58_63_121
Sean Beaury: 65_63_128
* Atti Aced Hole 16 at JB 1st Round

Notes
Dividing participants into A & B Flights after both rounds and allocating 60% of the payout to the A-Flight has worked better the last 2 weeks.
Next Meeting: 10/8 @ Quail Ridge 9:00 Tee Off
irwinje
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.