Endicott Open/Global Tourney (St Louis)

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Endicott Open/Global Tourney (St Louis)

Postby eupher61 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:49 am

http://stlouisdiscgolfclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1462

Remember, it's pre-registered ONLY. 7pm THURSDAY is the cut off.
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Re: Endicott Open/Global Tourney (St Louis)

Postby eupher61 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:20 pm

NEWS FLASH from Global Disc Golf Tournament HQ!
Ams can sign up Saturday morning from about 8-10am. Play starts at 11, player's meeting at 1030. Pre reg will shut down at 7 CDT Thursday as indicated earlier.

PROs must still preregister by 7pm THIS THURSDAY. NO LATE REGISTRATIONS FOR PRO PLAYERS.

Exception: An MPO or FPO player with a rating under 970, or Pro Master with a rating under 935, can play as Amateurs. This is a B Tier tournament, so it's allowed--no cash payout though. This does mean that pros who want to play Am, and meet those specific criteria, can register Saturday morning.
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Postby rondisc on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:02 pm

Steve, that is great news for the AMs. I understand why, pro SB more responsible. Earlier this year at US Masters it was amazing how many 40+ yrs old complained after they knew when it was full, it as full. Hopefully in the future this is a thing of the past. I will, the man upstairs willing, will be there Sat. EARLY.

Chance of a lifetime... This club is big, but.... How many PDGA golfers, in STL have serious goals. I know 1 person, BJ, good luck this weekend. I shot 62 with 3 5s today, and will play there every day till, game time.... This is a chance of a lifetime which nobody has a clue in STL except, Nikko, Kid, and anybody elsde let me know.

The course wipped my ars today.

Peace,
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby eupher61 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:32 pm

And, I just got word that Nikko will be playing here, too. Pros, here's a great chance to get s round on Nikko's card. No guarantees, but play well and your chances are good...

Steve
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Postby rondisc on Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:08 pm

Wow what a good time. Seriously different than just playing scores. Rating are everything, about this tourny for you whom is not involved. Steve and his other half are doing a wonderful job. Nothing is easy about running tournaments and I saw nothing but calmness amongst them and, this is a awesome quality in a TD. NO BS or any other things to distract or take your money, today just golf. I know this is hard and hopefully it will get nothing but better within STL golf. The best part about today is, PDGA, and not LOCAL BS because I would have never played. PDGA has a set of rules and LOCAL has another. Can you say this is why I personally only play PDGA :!:

Peace and good night, Gonna put for 1 -1 1/2 hrs putting tomorrow before round. To many shorties missed today.

Great Job Steve and your wife, forgive me I forget her name.

:ugeek:
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby eupher61 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:05 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW_6GTmrA7M

Thank, Doh, for the video! Great stuff!
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Postby eupher61 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:09 pm

Thanks to EVERYONE who played Endi...Mark K, Greg Doh, Daniel, Tim, Brad, Chris, and Dawn, and anyone else that helped out that I have forgotten...to the sponsors--all the usuals, plus Gateway sent extra discs for card winners, and the River City Rascals and Gateway Grizzlies for donating tickets, Fly Zone Sports for lots of schwag, and to Chuck, Todd, Sarah, and the PDGA for putting on the Global Event. Oh, and to the LAKERs for the cash donation and the tube of Zanfel (and, mixed congrats to Bob McLaughlin for winning the Zanfel with the worst tournament score...)

Congrats to Nikko Locastro (MPO), George Smith (MPM), and Jim Misuraca (MA1) for taking GLOBAL first place in their respective divisions. Nikko and George get further payout from the Global, and Jim gets bragging rights. Total results, including a lot of high finishes from St Louis, are at
http://www.pdga.com/global-tournament-leaderboard

Check out www.discgolfplanet.tv for archives of their coverage from the global weekend. They do a great job of publicizing disc golf, so please support them. ($25 gives you a lifetime membership, they do giveaways to members during every event they webcast.) And, support all our sponsors--Fly Zone Sports is Addie Isbell, formerly the membership manager at the PDGA. Fly Zone has a facebook page, and a Yahoo store. Play with the LAKERs now and then for a fun, casual, and always interesting round.

MOST FUN WINS! I think St Louis is the BIG winner this weekend!
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:59 pm

St. Louis Disc Golf is the BOMB! (insert big Hollywood explosion here)

I didn't even get to play and had a great time due to all the enthusiasm and camaraderie in the air. It was great to be able to be there and I look forward to losing to most of you in the future :mrgreen:
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby raymandisc on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:01 pm

Congrats St. Louis Players. We definately represented in the one. Also, Endicott is not the easiest course to consistanly score well. Nice job all... Go to discgolfplanet.tv and see the coverage. :mrgreen:
"I want a name when I loose. They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me DFL"
raymandisc
Birdie Poster

Postby raymandisc on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:01 pm

Here is the link to the results on the pdga site.

http://www.pdga.com/global-payouts-usdgc-qualifiers
"I want a name when I loose. They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me DFL"
raymandisc
Birdie Poster

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments