Players Only Tour League

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Players Only Tour League

Postby irwinje on Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:42 pm

There is a new (traveling) league coming to St. Louis, so be on the look out for the flyers that are circulating. Its called the Players Only Tour League because it is for Players that are looking for a competitive environment on a regular basis w/o all the gimmicks.

Saturday Mornings - every other week (at first)
Same 8 courses in the same (alphabetical) order

$10/person every time
100% of the buy in goes to the payout
Top 1/3rd gets paid out

8:30 sign in
9:00 shotgun start
After round 1, the field is divided into Pro & Am to prevent bagging
Round 2 starts as soon as possible after a short break
* All divisions play for cash
100% payout every week
* Payout schedule is posted on the back of all flyers

Keep it Simple Stupid
No Ace Pool
No CTPs (unless they are donated the day of)
No Tag Shuffle
No additional buy in for any reason
No pavilion rentals
No course closed signs
No Club Merch

SCHEDULE
8/27 Creve
9/10 Endicott
9/24 JB
10/8 Quail
10/22 Alton
11/5 Sioux
11/19 W. City
12/3 Collinsville
12/17 Creve
12/31 Endicott
1/14 JB
1/28 Quail
2/11 Alton
2/25 Sioux
3/10 W. City
3/24 Collinsville
4/7 Creve
4/21 Endicott
5/5 JB
5/19 Quail
6/2 Alton
6/16 Sioux
6/30 W. City
7/14 Collinsville
7/28 Creve

Fine Print for the politicians: This league is in no way shape or form in any way related to the illegal substance known on the street as "pot." The name has no relation whatsoever, it is merely an acronym for those players looking to tour. This is not a gathering of individuals for the purpose of participating in the illegal consumption of substances that are considered harmful to human beings or to cause anyone to get their panties in a bunch. This is not in anyway a way to encourage anyone of any race, religion or nationality to participate in any type of illegal activity, including, but not limited to the consumption of illegal substances such as "drugs." Please understand that this league has no manipulative ability or control over anyone in any regards and will not depict any "drugs" as being "cool" in anyway. This is a family friendly league, so as long as you're not a small minded, control hungry fascist, you are more than welcome to attend our league.
Last edited by irwinje on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Re: New League

Postby mkane on Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:54 am

Chris beat me to it, though it is amazing he can make this change and not the 20 other changes I have actually needed.

How about this name:
TPT
Tournament Players Tour

The other name and I mean only the name, did diminish the actual value of this concept.

Good Luck Jeff, I love the concept.
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby HITMAN on Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:08 pm

You guys are nazis. I cant wait for the P.O.T. league to start
HITMAN
Par Poster

Postby irwinje on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:05 pm

HITMAN wrote:You guys are nazis. I cant wait for the P.O.T. league to start

This is the Players Only Tour or P.O.T. League

Last edited by irwinje on Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
irwinje
Ace Poster

Re: P.O.T. (Players Only Tour) League

Postby irwinje on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:32 pm

keep an eye out at local leagues for your copy of the flyer.
I'm going to try and be at the following courses the rest of this week and next gearing up for our debut on Saturday the 27th at CC
Endicott - Monday
Quail & JB - Tuesday
Creve Coeur - Wednesday
White Birch - Thursday
Creve Coeur - Friday
Collinsville - Sunday
Last edited by irwinje on Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby mkane on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:41 am

See I still think asking first, is so much nicer!

But, now that the action taken was dramatically portrayed as an cold and calculated attempt to scrutinize (seemly as if possessed by the Central Scrutinizer aka. Frank Zappa) and bowdlerize a purely innocent, and totally new and original idea (not really). I can see it now!

The Pot Wars (Golfer X help a brother out with an animated GIF)
Imagine it happening in Far Right St. Louis, where late fees are paid, water is a buck, and each time you are on the course the membership patrol will evaluate your status and remind you to pick up garbage, and not leave any.

It was here that Embattled Disc Golf Players Only founder J. Irwin, met his demise forced out into exile by the great money-producing machine of magnate C. Kinsella, owner of Far Right enterprises LLC and a straight shooting, act first, keep your eye on the target businessman. It was C. Kinsella the architect of prosperity in Far Right St. Louis, yet throughout his meteoric rise, this Juarganuat continually consumed valuable time to fulfill his desire to the destruction of his nemesis J. Irwin.

In this episode, C. Kinsella still furious when J. Irwin tricked him into taking over the Tee sign campaign, is blindsided by Irwin who once again claims to be just looking for a non-gimmicky simple game shoots a verbal missle (P.O.T) disguised as a nongimmicky idea directly into the center of FAR Right St. Louis. J. Irwin, knowing what a powder keg he is playing with, masterfully portrays the innocent concept of creating players tour, while cleverly disguising the word pot as an acronym. See how the fun explodes as J. Irwin exposes the magnate of his fascist behavior, and how when all that was needed was to politely ask for a compromise. Watch how these two avoid a simple gesture like respect and common sense as they lock horns again.

C. Kinsella will have no chance again, thinking that POT would be associated with the word pot. Watch the masterful J. Irwin prove his word usage in no way shape or form was about that word, just a simple acronym that in no way is gimmicky or used prod the Far Right St. Louis emperor. You be the judge.
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:30 pm

Jeff,
You are going for something that attracts the eye. It doesn't make it proper or right or justified.
There are players and travelers who view this website that find your tongue-in-cheek offensive, myself included. You have a long history of insulting members of our club and the board. There is no changing how you think or the short fuse you live with. And I am called a Fascist for moderating the message board. Would F.*.*.K. be included in your rationale if you had words that fit?
Chris K
Ace Poster

Re: Players Only Tour League

Postby irwinje on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:04 pm

Chris,
Don't be silly. This league came about because a number of local pros feel cast out by the RCF and it was (originally) going to be the Pro Only Tour, but I felt that was discriminatory, so I offered a solution of Players Only Tour. Long story short, this league has NO involvement with the RCf, so I don't really see how it matters anyway.
October can't get here soon enough...

PS: Chris, it also seems that you're forgotten the countless hours we spent in RCF board meetings discussing censorship on the message board. It was finally decided that we live in America and we can't really censor anything but vulgarity, so, yeah I guess there would be a difference if I used vulgar language in teh name. I just find it hilarious how no one (including you) ever monitor the message board and clean it up or make and of the updates, then I make my first posting in months and you jump all over me for it. I think the underlying problem is that you know you won't be able to make a dime off the participants and it gives players an alternative to the watered down gimmicky events you plan. The irony, of course, is that I don't even do drugs but I know someone else that does...
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby eupher61 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:46 pm

The immaturity here is overwhelming.
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Postby Chris K on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:52 pm

That must be a recent development for you, Jeff. Have you forgotten the 'Rules' thread that is posted on every forum? With regard to the tournaments and memberships, my focus is improving our courses and making the events appealing to the majority of players. Your agenda seems to be 'my way or I'll insult you and call you names until I get it my way'.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Next

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.