What's New At Quail Ridge - Come Check It Out

Wentzville, MO

Re: What's New At Quail Ridge - Come Check It Out

Postby magic on Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:24 am

Probably not the answer most people want to hear, but I could easily see it being late next spring or early summer before it goes back in permanently. We really are just going to have to play it by ear and see how things go. It's possible once winter comes and the course isn't getting as much play we might be able to put it back in. Any signs of it getting torn up though and we would just have to pull it again.

I do have the basket though and will try to put it back in temporarily for any events held there. In the farthest placement most tournament players won't come close to the dirt that has been spread. The problem is the group of ten 1-discers that can't clear it and don't have the courtesy to avoid the area.

I have considered putting in a temp hole since it may be a while until 13 goes back in and the cost isn't too outrageous. It would have to be somewhere in the woods and not screw up the flow too bad.

Something that does tie into this somewhat is that I have recently started discussions again with the parks dept to get those additional 6 holes in. The area is the woods off to the side of 4's basket. If anything maybe get one of those in ASAP then worry about some of the others when more money is available. I'm not sure I will get a chance to make it up there this weekend, but next time I do I'll give it a look and see what I can come up with.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:49 am

Just an FYI for anyone who cares, I have attached the funds spreadsheet that gets turned into the parks dept. It shows where available funds have come from and where the money was spent. I'm sure it's tough to see as an attachment, so below is a link to a pdf file.

http://stlouisdiscgolfclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Quail-Ridge-Funds.pdf

We spent a little over $3000 in the past year with right at 150 documented volunteer hours. Thank you to everyone that has helped both physically and monetarily. There is still much to be done though.
Attachments
Quail Ridge Funds.jpg
Quail Ridge Funds.jpg (144.5 KiB) Viewed 720 times
magic
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:08 am

I've gotten the OK from the parks dept to open hole 13 back up. Shanx and I are hoping to get a 4th pin location installed tomorrow evening and then we'll put the basket back in the ground. Thanks to everyone for being so patient with it.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby TCBROWN on Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:18 am

Great news andy. Thanks for the update. So excited for hole 13 to be back. Give me a call next time you head out to Quail to work or play.
I'm not a junkie; I'm a disc golf enthusiast!

I will play anywhere
Call me for a game 636.219.7204
TCBROWN
Par Poster

Previous

Return to Quail Ridge Park