Endicott Open/Global Tourney

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Re: Endicott Open/Global Tourney

Postby eupher61 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:45 am

A reminder that this is PRE REG ONLY! You MUST be registered by 7pm CDT on August 18. Late entries WILL NOT be accepted. This is not a local call, it's a Global Tournament fact.

Thanks!
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:53 pm

Do we have the course layout figured out yet?
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby eupher61 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:26 pm

I have it, Greg, just not conveyed it to Tim yet. I now have the right phone # for him, so I'll call him tomorrow, probably. Thanks for asking!
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Postby eupher61 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Another reminder that this is PRE REG ONLY! Don't show up Saturday morning expecting to register and play.
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Postby discdoh on Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:31 pm

The course layout has been figured out. I placed an attachment underneath the tournament flyer at the top of this thread.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby eupher61 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:31 pm

NEWS FLASH from Global Disc Golf Tournament HQ!
Ams can sign up Saturday morning from about 8-10am. Play starts at 11, player's meeting at 1030. Pre reg will shut down at 7 CDT Thursday as indicated earlier.

PROs must still preregister by 7pm THIS THURSDAY. NO LATE REGISTRATIONS FOR PRO PLAYERS.

Exception: An MPO or FPO player with a rating under 970, or Pro Master with a rating under 935, can play as Amateurs. This is a B Tier tournament, so it's allowed--no cash payout though. This does mean that pros who want to play Am, and meet those specific criteria, can register Saturday morning.
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Postby Chris K on Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:15 pm

Nikko Locastro said he is playing this event. This news may be too late to have any impact on the attendance but it should raise the number of people coming to watch. The best golfer in the world on his home course competing for a global purse!

BTW, since this is an RCF event, the club Ace Pool is in effect for RCF members only. There is also a tournament Ace Pool of $5 for the weekend that anyone can buy into. The Club Ace Pool is at $500 and will payout at 100% since there is over $125 in the 2nd Club Ace Pool.

Steve is working on an EDGE skill shot competition for the event. Check the website for more details.

Sign up here - http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=011&PROD=1311694613

Be a part of Disc Golf history in the very first Global Tournament. Steve Hoog and Mark Kane are TD.

From Chuck Kennedy at PDGA HQ

I was talking with TD Brian Cummings today and we realized it won't be a problem if you need to extend your registration FOR AMATEURS ONLY to walk-up registration on Saturday (Sunday Maple Hill) for amateurs if you have not sold out all of your player pack spots by this Thursday evening's pre-reg deadline.

Here's the deal, there are no global prizes for ams, just the player packs. So it's not critical if we have the pre-reg info for amateurs. So if you wish to extend your registration for ams to "day of" registration and you have room (player packs), go for it. All I need to do is see the names and PDGA numbers (if they have one) of those walk-up Ams when you upload your early round results to the PDGA site. Even if you run out of player packs and still have room in the event, go ahead and give those extra ams something like a Champion disc as their $15 player pack. It's not as good as the real player packs but they do get to play.

Here's the deal with pros. Pros must pre-reg because we have to have their address already in the computer if they cash. So pro registration has to close this Thursday in the U.S. at 8pm your local time. However, if you happen to get some tardy pros on the weekend who have ratings under 970, they are allowed to enter Advanced in a B-tier if they want to play or Advanced Master if they are at least 40 this year and their rating is under 935.

Chuck

We have 60 player’s packs for the Am players. We may go over that number of Am players with the late sign ups. If you think you can make the event, give me a call to reserve your player’s pack and you can pay me on Friday or Saturday. I believe Steve Hoog will be available for early registration at Endicott on Wednesday or Friday. Check the Website for his schedule.

Tim Finan and Kevin Donnelly have spent 36 hours in the past few days preparing the course. Please thank them for their work when you see them.

We will need volunteers to help run the event so if you cannot play but have some time to help out, please let Steve, Mark K or me know. Thanks in advance

As always, pick up trash every time you play.

Chris Kinsella

President

River City Flyers / St Louis Disc Golf Club

314-583-3340

visit www.stlouisdiscgolfclub.com
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby eupher61 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:01 pm

I'll be at the course from about noon until whenever on Friday, if anyone wants to register and pay as an Am.

The Skills competition will be set up Saturday Morning, using the practice basket and another basket on the baseball field. This isn't really an EDGE event, or even using the EDGE criteria, but it's similar.

This will be 8 different skills from varying distances. There will be obstructed putts, obstructed kneeling or sitting putts, an OH, a UD, and a couple of normal throws and putts.

There will be 2 circles painted around each basket, one at 10', one at 25'. If your first throw lands within the 25', you get points and go on. If your first throw is within the 10' circle, you get more points and go on. If your first throw lands against the pole, you get EVEN MORE points and go on. If you ACE, you get maximum points and go on.
BUT, if your first throw gives you a lie beyond the 25' circle, you get one more throw. It must land within 10' to get any points, and you get the fewest points of all. If your second throw is STILL outside of 25', no points and move on.

The skills will be from 4 opposite points to each basket, so there should be little interference from another disc.

The Skills Competition will run from 8-10 Sunday morning. There will be someone to take cash for the Skills Competition and the CTP (across the field from the pavilion area) which also will be Sunday morning.
If the Skills and CTP, $5 for the Skills event , CTP will be 1/$2, 3/$5 and 8/$10. You'll mark your best throw and contend for prizes from that.

Prizes will be announced at the Tournament Central...

From right now, Pros have exactly 1 more hour to sign up, as it turns out. I found out today that it's 8pm LOCAL time tonight, so if you or a buddy are thinking about playing Pro for the Endicott Open, now's the time to decide. You may end up playing Nikko, you never know...

steve
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Postby eupher61 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:13 pm

TO BE SURE IT'S CLEAR FOR EVERYONE:

NO FRIDAY CHECK-IN (unless you are an Am, or a Pro eligible to play Am) I'll be hanging somewhere in the park from about noon until 7 or so. Call if you need me 31-4 3- 2- 2 79_6 2

CHECK IN SATURDAY MORNING 8-10AM Player's Meeting 10:30 Start 11.
2nd round will start about 60-75 minutes after the last card of the first round is turned in. It will be announced.

SUNDAY: Cards will be available at 10:30.

All PDGA rules are enforced at this tournament, but there is NO 2M penalty. Normal play rules for Endicott are in order; Roads, sidewalks, paved or gravel trails are OB. Water (If any) along 3,6,7 is not OB. Play as it lands.

If you're unable to play, but can help one or both days, it would be GREATLY appreciated! If you are playing, but can help before and after rounds, that will be appreciated too!

steve
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Postby eupher61 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:15 pm

I don't make or change the rules, I'm just telling what I've been told...
George Smith has decided to play, after all.

AMS can sign up Saturday morning 8-10.

Whew. I feel like I'm at a big art auction, or trying to sign a MLB draft pick before the deadline..

Steve
Last edited by eupher61 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
eupher61
Birdie Poster

PreviousNext

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments