2011 JB Doubles Summer League - Starts May 17th

Lemay/Mehlville, MO

Re: 2011 JB Doubles Summer League - Starts May 17th

Postby discdoh on Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:22 pm

Here's the layout for the 1 Disc Challenge...

It is the O.G., red tee, super cupcake setup. It has already been staked off and is ready to play (other than temp baskets on 2, 6, and 11). Setting it up with Dude, Doug, G-Man, and myself brought back a ton of memories. Good stuff!

The Gateway disc choice is still a mystery, as it should be. I am sure that Dave will pick us a winner...I can't tell you how many people I see with one of the previous 1-Disc Challenge discs in their bag. With the custom stamp that Neil came up with, WOW, this is going to be sweet! I would hold off and not play the round to facilitate in my managerial duties, but screw that, this is going to be too much fun!

Read the attachment above to get all of the details. 6 Flags = More Fun? Screw that...14 Flags = More fun!

See you on Tuesday!
Attachments
JB 1-Disc Layout [1024x768].jpg
JB 1-Disc Layout [1024x768].jpg (249.53 KiB) Viewed 746 times
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Strange on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:19 am

Who wants a brand new free disc today? It's real simple, I don't do pizza parties. Ipso facto I can never redeem my vouchers. With tonights voucher, I'll have $30 worth. Whoever will use my vouchers to pick me up a new Vulcan can have the leftover money to buy themselves whatever they want. Let me know
Strange
Birdie Poster

Postby Chris K on Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:43 pm

I'll help you out with that.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:49 pm

Yesterday was a blast! As always, it is a lot to handle and stresses me out quite a bit, but it is all done.

Everything went off as planned...other than one mistake I made. Everyone that played yesterday got to shoot at a CTP on Hole 11. It was the Gateway Super Bonus CTP package - thank you Dave! Dave Mac donated a starter disc set (3 discs and a mini) and pair of tye dye shorts for the CTP. This was an extremely juicy CTP all on its own. He also offered to sell the basket that was used on this hole (a brand new Titan Portable 24) to the winner for $150 (retail $299). So, in essence, it was a 50% off coupon for the basket. Don Heiple won the CTP. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of awarding him $150 ($79 in merch and $71 in cash), when in fact he was not supposed to receive anything other than the 50% off coupon. I think the stress of the day had caught up to me and I made a MAJOR mistake. So, basically, unless I can get Don to very graciously return the merchandise and cash, the league/course is going to be out $150. If anyone knows how to contact Don, could you please call him and let him know about the situation. I would REALLY appreciate it.

As far as everything else goes, Aaron Walther won the 1-Disc Challenge Pro Division with a 42(-12) and Ryan Gorman won the AM Division with a 50(-4). The disc was a Gateway G7i/Element with a sweet custom Neil Brown stamp. There were 17 CTP flags out on the course as well...pretty sweet!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:36 pm

It takes a lot to get me upset.

I was told earlier this evening that the league is officially out $150 due to my error.

To all my fellow leaguers,

I have stated many times in the past that I would quit running the league if it ever felt like I was being taken advantage of. I would like to think that everyone in my league feels like they are being treated to a completely fair and competent activity...and that I might occasionally make a mistake. I am not sure that everyone feels this way that participates in this league. I am not paid. I receive zero compensation. And a lot of times, I feel like I am unappreciated. This is a prime example. If my pocket book is going to take a hit, I am afraid I might have to find someone else to run this thing.

I will finish out this year and see how I feel about things. One thing is for certain, I will no longer treat my involvment as an act of good faith.

Greg D'OH
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby jhenson on Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:31 am

D'OH

This is BS. You are right you have a thankless job and I'm sure at times it must suck to be the one that has to put up with everyone's bitching, scores, and CTPs. That said, I have never heard anyone say anything negative about the way you run the league and with the way everyone complains about RCF events I think that says a lot.

This mistake should be taken care by the RCF IMO. Our league is one of the largest in STL and by and large we are mostly RCF members. Also, while I'm not 100% on how the vouchers work vs cash we pay, if it works how I would guess the RCF also makes some money on our league thru sales on pizza night.

If we cannot find a solution with the RCF I will auction 4 Cardinals box seats to cover the mistake, or I will just charge them $150 for the new banners they are ordering and call it a day. I have the tickets in hand so see me if we cannot figure this out another way.
jhenson
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:20 am

Josh,

I really do appreciate the kind words. Thanks for offering to help out with the situation. Before I take you up on your offer, I do want to give Don a chance to work with the club and I on coming to some form of compromise. I know the term is over-used, but this whole situation is a matter of principle. Chris and I realized our mistake relatively quickly after the fact. Chris sent him an e-mail immediately upon arrving at home and called him first thing in the morning. When Don returned the call later that afternoon, his response was nothing short of selfish and rude. Because of his attitude, I can only come to the conclusion that he knew he was getting more than he was supposed to and was taking advantage of the situation to begin with (hence him taking off IMMEDIATELY after getting paid). We contacted him quickly enough that it was not a matter of the plastic already being thrown or the money already being spent. I am not sure that he realizes how much volunteer effort it takes to make this sport actually happen. He seems to think that we should absorb the cost like a Wal-Mart would. The $150 of merchandise and money represents a WHOLE lot more than its face value...it represents countless volunteer hours and countless compromises on my part that you can't put a value on. All I want is for him to work with us. At the moment, it honestly feels like a kick in the teeth.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Lazerface on Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:48 pm

Doh, don't let this get you down. I would like to think that 99% of the club members I know would have returned the cash and merch without question. Maybe it's O.K to be dissapointed, or even pissed, but for f*&k sake this is a club, not a business. This guy is essentially stealing from a group of volunteers. The reality is that the club is not some business who has the responsibility of upholding some customer service code or shit like that. I'm Sorry Don, that Doh (A bad ass hard working VOLUNTEER!!!) made a mistake. He is not an employee, and the club is not a business, so man up and give the shit back. I have every right to take this personally, as does every club member, becasue the club money is OUR F-ING MONEY!!!

Jim Misuraca

This shit really pisses me off
AMERICA
STL TAG 4, SO IL TAG 1, ST CHUCK TAG ?, JC TAG NEEDED
Lazerface
Birdie Poster

Postby Strange on Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:28 pm

WTF? He said he wouldn't give it back? 100% unadulterated BS
Strange
Birdie Poster

Postby discdoh on Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:32 pm

I wasn't going to go here, but it almost seems like a neccesity at this point...

"Greg,

As I explained to Chris you guys approached me with the offer I didn't ask you for it. I think it is really unfair of you to expect me to give everything back especially when Chris had me sign a paper stating that I was paid for the coupon so I couldn't go back on the deal. As you stated JB is a public park but you then "suggest" that I not show up there on anyday. If this is some sort of threat against my person or my property I will immediately call the police if there is any hint of trouble at JB park. I will be keeping this email just in case as evidence of the threat if there is any trouble. Please cease to contact me further.

Thanks,

Don"

Here is my post before that...

"Don,

I am not sure why you are unwilling to come to some form of compromise. I made a mistake. This mistake needs to be rectified. I was fully anticipating compensating you for your hassles. You have to understand that this is coming out of my pocket...the club does not extend me any financial indescretions. You really need to think about where I am coming from and the amount of effort that I put towards this shit. I volunteer countless hours, donate countless amounts of giveaways, absorb other leaguers financial issues, and deal with various assorted other problems on a regular basis. Your inability to work with me and the club is a literal kick in the teeth. Needless to say, unless you can find a little kindness in your heart, I will not be able to allow you, or Todd, to play in the JB Doubles. It is a public park, so you are always welcome to play...just please try to avoid showing up on Tuesdays (or Thursdays, Fridays, weekends, and any other day).

Please call me if you feel the need to discuss this any further. Remember that this is a sport built on a much larger scale of volunteerism than most others.

Greg D'OH"

And here is how I responded...last transmission...no defamation, just the truth...
"Don,

Sometimes a mistake is made. Sometimes individuals need to step back and look at it from a diferent point of view. We are a volunteer organization. I am sorry that you saw it as an irreversible situation, when in fact it is nowhere near this way. It only backs up the testimonies from several other, non-involved, individuals that you sometimes rub people the wrong way. Maybe you are what they say you are. Sorry to see you go. Have fun, buddy...I will never contact you again. There are plenty of other courses for you to play. No threats will EVER be issued, but your presence at JB will probably not be very well received. I hope you enjoy your 6 discs and $71 enough to compensate for your loss of St. Louis disc golf as a fun and carefree activity.

Greg

P.S. "If this is some sort of threat against my person or my property I will immediately call the police if there is any hint of trouble at JB park. I will be keeping this email just in case as evidence of the threat if there is any trouble." Do you honestly think I would do anything remotely close to this? You must be a..."
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Jefferson Barracks