new courses

Maintenance, Improvements, Design, and Other Misc. Course Topics

Re: new courses

Postby Tuesday Terry on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:02 am

According to Desoto City Hall, the Disc Golf course is up and running. I will be heading out there from Lake St. Louis in about a half hour and will see if I can get some chain time in before the storms hit.
You don't quit playing games because you get old.

You get old because you quit playing games.
RCF Tag #337
Tuesday Terry
Bogey Poster

Postby Scooter on Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:01 pm

dont bother playin the course yet i live about ten mins from there it isnt laid out properly yet our club the jcs sharpshooters are in the process of havin the parks dept move the baskets to better pin placements
JCS# 42
RCF# 221
Cuvvy# 28
Chain Gang# 63
Centralia# 14
Scooter
Bogey Poster

Postby emptv on Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:15 pm

Disc Up,
Thanks for the information scooter. You haved saved the LAKERS a road trip.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby Tuesday Terry on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:35 pm

Since I was already in Desoto, I visited this park. To be honest, driving ten minutes to play this "course" is too long of a drive. The baskets are about 100 feet apart, or less. There are no tee pads or markers where they might be placed. This course, in this small park, would be useful for putting practice. I took pictures from each basket looking at the next and still took less than 10 minutes to play nine holes. The parks department should have been approached for something in Walthers Park, or another one similar in size. Most players, including me with my shortish drives, (200-250 feet) could throw one good drive from hole one to the farthest hole away, with maybe a short putt to put it in the basket. I hope the JCS Sharpshooters can help the parks department to improve this course into one worth playing.

RCF Tag #337
Tuesday Terry
Bogey Poster

Postby Scooter on Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:50 am

we are currently in the process of workin with the parks dept it was originally supposed to just be a three hole course to see how it goes over in desoto its part of the get healthy desoto deal we have laid flags where we want the tees to be a also flags where we want the baskets moved it will still be a smaller course but hey atleast its a course right i am just stoked we have another one in our area it will be natural tees as well. on another note we are also currently speaking with the jefferson county parks dept and the mayor of hillsboro trying to get a 18 hole championship course at hillsboro park
JCS# 42
RCF# 221
Cuvvy# 28
Chain Gang# 63
Centralia# 14
Scooter
Bogey Poster

new courses

Postby emptv on Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:56 pm

Disc up,
The buzz is that a new course is on the way in MTV. :mrgreen:
Anyone have any information on a 9-hole course in the works for Mt Vernon, in the city park on 27th street on the north end?

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

new courses

Postby emptv on Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:07 pm

Disc up again,
Copied from Gateway's site:

Engler Park in Farmington MO update!
The design phase and course clear out is completed and we are getting ready to drop the baskets in Farmington.
Waiting on a few parts for the baskets and the keyed alike locks.
This course will have it all and then some, it features long open holes, a few tight wooded shots, Pins and tees tucked into the wood line, 2 lakes and a few creeks. Par is looking like 63 and will play very recreational from the short tees and pins to very challenging from the long to long. Plans for landscaping holes 8 and 11 include, planting of trees and tall grasses, grass bunkers, mounds and elevated the pin locations. This work will not be started until the course has been in for a while and everything is flowing smoothly.

Growth is good!

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby Tuesday Terry on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:59 pm

I was wondering why there isn't any forum site for the Farmington or Potosi courses? I haven't played the Potosi course yet but have played Farmington and I know there are many others that play there and the number seems to be growing all the time. Just curious as to why they're not mentioned.

RCF Tag #337
Tuesday Terry
Bogey Poster

Postby clane on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:24 pm

I saw a map at JB last time I was there for Willmore Park. Anybody got any idea what is going on with that? I live not more than a 10 minute walk from there, so that would be great for me!
Tag #204
clane
Par Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:40 pm

I wish something were seriously happening there, but the overall mood seems to be that Wilmore doesn't have enough room for a safe 18 hole course and that trying to get a course in St. Louis City is like hitting your head against a wall and more work than it's worth.

I understand where the above "mood" comes from, after years and years of strenuous efforts to get a course in Forest Park have met with perpetual rejection. I don't exactly share the feeling, but I wasn't involved, so I can't exactly be empathic.

All that said, I would support anyone who wanted to continue to persue the course in Wilmore.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Course Chat