The 9-Hole Iron Man - 6/5 Sunday

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

The 9-Hole Iron Man - 6/5 Sunday

Postby discdoh on Wed May 11, 2011 9:21 pm

Here is some info on the next Ryder Cup Qualifier...

_________
Attachments
9-Hole Iron Man rev [1024x768].jpg
9-Hole Iron Man rev [1024x768].jpg (227.58 KiB) Viewed 1337 times
Last edited by discdoh on Wed May 11, 2011 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Re: The 9-Hole Iron Man - 6/5 Sunday

Postby DISC N TWEEK on Wed May 11, 2011 9:53 pm

As far as group requests does the group all have to be same division?
Either way this sounds like fun.
DISC N TWEEK
Par Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed May 11, 2011 10:16 pm

I re-posted with a different schedule. Your group is not division dependent. Everyone just needs to be ready to play some ready golf...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Wed May 11, 2011 10:37 pm

i'm assuming the 3rd basket at bluebird has been fixed since the last time i was there? (which, admittedly, was a while back)

all the hardware was there, but the basket itself was laying on the ground, instead of being attached to the pole...
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby forehand on Thu May 12, 2011 9:34 pm

Why is there a $2 per man charge for each course? The payout for pros is already bad enough in our club events. Is that the goal to drive away pros? Thats whats gonna happen with only $9 goin back into the actual payout!
TAG #1
forehand
Birdie Poster

Postby forehand on Fri May 13, 2011 10:03 pm

forehand wrote:Why is there a $2 per man charge for each course? The payout for pros is already bad enough in our club events. Is that the goal to drive away pros? Thats whats gonna happen with only $9 goin back into the actual payout!

Anyone want to answer this question?
TAG #1
forehand
Birdie Poster

Postby f-b-i- on Fri May 13, 2011 10:46 pm

im going to play adv. since the master division was taken away. looken forward to it.
f-b-i-
Bogey Poster

Postby forehand on Sat May 14, 2011 12:15 pm

f-b-i- wrote:im going to play adv. since the master division was taken away. looken forward to it.

Yea.. I'm just gonna play in what ever division is the biggest I think! Maybe get some nice plastic and just sell that for a payout.
TAG #1
forehand
Birdie Poster

Postby mkane on Wed May 18, 2011 9:47 am

Yeah I really think this is a great way to pick up on a shot at the Big Ace Pool. 4 courses with a bunch of ace runs< A bunch of CTPs < A chance at an ACE and an RCF Qualifier.

As for where the money goes, not my department Brian, maybe Chris can explain that to you. 9 dollars? Certainly there must be an explanation.

As for a division being taken away, Roger, I don't think that is the case. We made one division so that the payout for the open division was better. Apparently that did not work out either. I will open any division if there is enough people.

Both of your comments seem to indicate your not satisfied with the payout structure or the divisions.

I can understand your displeasure, as perhaps you can understand my displeasure with poor pro turn out to events. The stinky payouts were still made even though not enough pros played to even pay for the course/pavillion rental.(Spring C Tiers)

Play the game you love, and help make it better. In order to get to the next step we need local sponsorships to add that extra bump you are looking for in the payout. As of right now we just don't have the volunteers to get out and help out in that department, eventually yes, now, not so much.

But what you will have on 6-5-2011:

If you hit an ace the payout seems pretty good, even if more than one is hit.
If you hit a CTP the payout will be good.
If you play, the money that does not go into your pro pocket goes somewhere, 11 dollars of it. So I think we just need to figure out where that eleven dollars is going to, and then determine if the money would be better suited to the payout instead of its current use, perhaps Chris you can help us out here.

Pro or AM you certainly do not want to miss a shot at the ace pool do you?
mkane
Ace Poster

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments