Traveling LAKERs @ Ozarkland in Vichy. 5/7/11

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Postby emptv on Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:46 pm

Disc Up ,
On Saturday May 7th, 2011 the LAKERS are going to play Dave Mac’s course in Vichy, MO. Are you interested or intrigued? The cost to play is $00, zero, nada, free. This could be another team setup like we had in Highland, IL where we drew cards for teams (red & black), played the round, and added your total score for the team. Or team match golf, or whatever seems the most fun at the time. Interest has been expressed from Centralia, Collinsville, JCS, Quail, & the RCF. While I have yet to contact KC, Columbia, and Jeff. City, I have made contact with some people from Fulton and await their reply. Side bets are welcome and encouraged but beware of the tics and other tiny livestock. If you want to go no reply is necessary, though it is helpful. Food and water will probably be best brought along for yourself, I have never played this one so I cannot be much help on logistics.
Good times will be had by all.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Re: Traveling LAKERs @ Ozarkland in Vichy. 5/7/11

Postby Working Stiff on Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:41 pm

Hey, Bruce. We have a random draw doubles league that plays on Saturdays in Rolla. We could probably cancel that and get a group out there that day.
Working Stiff
Birdie Poster

Postby tallpaul on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:11 pm

I'm actually thinking of coming down for this one Bruce. However, Working Stiff worships :evil: ...so, I am hesitant.
tallpaul
Bogey Poster

Postby emptv on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:05 am

Disc up Paul,
:o :shock: :D Having you back on our fair region is a uberbonus. :!: You would do much to enhance the experience for us first-timers. More information to be posted soon, stupid work taking to much of my disc golf time. :x
On another great news note, Johnny Q got ahold of "Mom & Old Man Wallace" in Peoria and they agreed to let us camp there. On one side of their property is the disc golf course and on the other side is a steakhouse/pub. The LAKERS are working on sponsering the dinner at the steakhouse, but that is quite a few $$, probably only able to offset the total bill, for 50+ hungry/thirsty disc golfers. But you never know, being Outlaws anything can happen. We have many things to discuss soon for the Traveling Outlaw event; logo's, shirts, disc, mini's, beverages, and how about something special for the Wallace's, maybe a wooden laser engraved disc? So much to talk about, so little time. Rather than discuss it here, perhaps the laker league page on facebook or a new forum, or both. Keep a eye out for postings on the facebook page and emails from the LAKERS blast from the past...we have brought back one of our old elusive club presidents to rule the LAKERS once again. Larry A. KERS It was a terribly bloody takeover, but that will be a great story to tell over the group campfire during the Outlaws. We are already working on a better version of LAKERLAND as well. :twisted:

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby Working Stiff on Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:46 pm

tallpaul wrote:I'm actually thinking of coming down for this one Bruce. However, Working Stiff worships :evil: ...so, I am hesitant.
Yeah, you say you'll be there. You are going to call the morning of to cancel and leave your phone on while you order breakfast, just like last time.
Working Stiff
Birdie Poster

Postby tallpaul on Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:02 am

Stiffy and Bruce,
Looks like some contestants are lining up for the trip to St. Louie. At this point, I have fairly high hopes of joining in the fun.

Bruce,
LAKERS are busy these days...Centraila today, St. Louie Open next weekend and Ozark the following...

Hope everyone is all right in your neck of the woods?
tallpaul
Bogey Poster

Postby Working Stiff on Wed May 04, 2011 1:17 pm

Any details on this? We were planning on steering our best disc doubles league out there, but we need some info like time to show and what not.
Working Stiff
Birdie Poster

Postby emptv on Wed May 04, 2011 2:14 pm

Disc Up WS,
Definitely a go. I am just awaiting directions from Dave, he said we could camp if we want. Usually we start at 9am, but I will check that during LAKER League tonight and if the internet is finally working at my house, I will post it tonight. Between the net being down at home and work turning the thumb screws, I have not been able to do anything online (hence the lack of post in the previous 2 weeks from me). I need to stop whining, you know who whines?
Babies.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby Working Stiff on Thu May 05, 2011 2:28 pm

Copied from a tournament flyer (thus the all caps Internet yelling:)

DIRECTIONS:
TAKE HWY 44 SOUTH FROM ST LOUIS TO HWY 68 (ST. JAMES) GO RIGHT 13 MI. TO HWY 63 (VICHY AIRPORT) STAY RIGHT ON HWY 63 FOR 6 MI. TO JUNCTION A TURN LEFT AND GO 3 MI TO MARIES COUNTY RD. 517 TURN RIGHT FOR ½ MI AND MAKE A LEFT AT 3 MAIL BOXES. STAY LEFT AT ALL 3 VEERS AND YOU WILL RUN INTO THE COURSES.

DRIVE VERY SLOW ONCE YOU’RE ON THE GRAVEL ROADS
This is private property and a private course (NO DOGS PLEASE)
Working Stiff
Birdie Poster

Postby Working Stiff on Thu May 05, 2011 3:42 pm

It looks like the Rolla boys are out. They guy who runs the Saturday league ran into somebody that had been out at Ozark this week and got reports that things are rough out there. I thought that was a given, but I guess the reality of how bad it gets out there sunk in and the decision was made to just go ahead with golf as usual at Lion's Club. You guys have fun out there.
Working Stiff
Birdie Poster

Next

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.