The Crusade: El Shaddai Sat. April 9th

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Re: The Crusade: El Shaddai Sat. April 9th

Postby mkane on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:22 pm

Out of RANGE(Bounds for you non-Lakers...Now who wouldn't wanna be a Laker)

Water - In and surrounded by water, shoot from where it went in 1 meter relief.

Creek - The body of water contained by the banks.

Banks - Where the water reaches to establish the creek.

Road - On or over the road is out - mark your disc when you went out 1 meter relief.

Fence - Fencing suppored by posts, not trees.

By Hole:
1. Creek
2. Creek
3. Creek not the fence
4. none
5. none
6. creek
7. road
8. road
9. Creek
10. road way right
11. fence defined with posts , not the first line attached to trees.
12. none
13. none
14. none
15. none
16. Lake & Fence
17. road & Lake
18. road and creek

Do be SKEERED
Last edited by mkane on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby mkane on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:45 pm

Finally I wanted to take a moment, to take the time to thank Brian Short of El Shaddai,
we have a wonderful course on private land and these things take alot to maintain. He wants disc golfers who want to help keep this course current and have it continue to move forward, with tee pads, alternate pin locations, and nicely cut fairways to know that he enjoys and appreciates you. He has decided with a little help from the El Shaddai board of directors, that the course could be better sooner with some help from us.
This tourney will be the inauguration of the Honor Pay-To-Play box. This will most probably be Phase 1 and as the regulars come forward, tags will most likely be issued(phase 2) to those who would wish to go that route. And of course then that will lead to the El Shaddai tag tourney and stuff just wait and see.

Thank you again Brian

And thanks you so much RCF and St. Charles DGC members,

Seeing you all have fun means the most to me.

Thanks
Mark
VP
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:16 pm

anyone care enough to post results?
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby mkane on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:20 pm

Red Army you are an angry man you are :lol: , I will give completes soon

Open
C. Uhle
M. English
T. Lewis
T. Sully
A. Walther
J. Kisker

Division A
D. Wilson
J. Junte
E. Twedell
B. Moskop

Division B
T. Schroter
The Ambassador of Disc Golf
N. Wilson
C. Britton
B. Stuart - Epic Man
J. McClusky

I would of put the scores but Red Army did not ask or did I not care :twisted:

More complete soon
Thanks so much wait till you hear what happened, The best ever C. Kinsella Scenario!!!!! :lol: :lol:
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby mkane on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:25 pm

Results

OPEN

Corey Uhle 48 52 100
Matt English 50 50 100
Tim Lewis 52 52 104
Tim Sullivan 57 49 106
Aaron Walther 54 52 106
John Kister 56 52 108
Pascal D. Galmiche 53 56 109
Mark Kane 53 58 111
Steve Bagnard 56 55 111
Tim Kaltenbach 57 55 112
Shawn Boley 57 61 118

DIVISION A

David Wilson 54 49 103
Jeff Junte 52 52 104
Eric Twedell 54 54 108
Brian Moskop 55 53 108
Steven Brown 53 55 108
Jim Nelms 53 56 109
Derek Green 55 56 111
Vince Weber 56 55 111
Kenny Barklage 57 57 114
Tim Wiegard 57 57 114
Phillip Green 59 55 114
John Reeds 57 60 117
Alex Romero 57 60 117
Gary Polkinghorne 55 63 118
Ben Galmiche 59 62 121
Shawn Spiker 59 62 121
Jake Milwerger 58 64 122

DIVISION B

Trenton Schroter 61 52 113
Greg Kuehn 61 53 114
Nick Wilson 60 56 116
Cody Britton 67 50 117
Jeff McClusky 60 59 119
Corey Campbell 60 64 124
Brad Stuart 62 62 124
Scott Pryor 65 61 126
Bryan Barklage 65 61 126
Jeree Mitts 61 67 128
Doug McCormick 66 62 128
Cody Green 62 66 128
Jesse Baker 70 64 134
JT Snyder 69 73 142

CTP WINNERS
Hole#2 – Schlafly – Tim Kaltenbach O
Hole#5 – Gateway – Jeff McClusky A
Hole#8 – Innova – Brad Stuart A
Hole#11- Discraft – Corey Uhle O
Hole#13 – Ice Bowl – Eric Twedell A
Hole#18 – Johnny Mac – Corey Uhle O

CTP 50-50 WINNERS

3 AMS – 24 BUCKS
Hole 4 – Jeree Mitts
Hole 7 – Phil Green
Hole 17 – Eric Twedell

3 PROS – 12 BUCKS
Hole 10 – Matt English
Hole 12 – Corey Uhle
Hole 16 – Matt English

That morning around 4am, I got home about 3:30am, was just passing out when the rain came down in buckets. I drifted off chuckling to myself…suddenly the phone rings, it is Shanks, voice trembling, “Oh my Gosh, the creek is so high we will never get across!” This was something better than an alarm clock for me as I popped out of bed and hit the road. Just what we need another “obstacle”; thoughts began racing through my brain like adrenalin in one of those big needles ready to punch into your heart.
The Crusade at El Shaddia held on 4-9-2011 started off just wonderfully! As we all began to arrive, the creek got everyone’s attention! I got there just before the crowd and set up a table, and started registration right next to the cre….now a river. There is no way we are going to cross this thing, even by foot.
It was hilarious when 9:31 came and went, as I yelled to all 45 or so players a little Tongue and Cheek humor, “Thank you for coming to the Crusade hope you enjoyed the tourney, thanks for your entry fee and have a great day!” The looks on their faces was priceless!!
Actually what happened was that Brian Short, the manager of the El Shaddai Complex was able to figure out a way to get us across, but if you were not there, well I guess you will not know how, as if I told you, I will be struck down by the Almighty.
Further more in the players meeting Brian explained that disc golfers are driving the need for the course improvements. Although disc golf is not the only thing that El Shaddai has to offer, funds raised through Pay to Pay will keep disc golf a player at the ranch. You see, El Shaddai is very involved with youths; they help troubled children understand the difficulties of life, and they bring Christian fellowship to other organizations like the Boy and Girl Scouts. All of these things take time and money, but the point that Brian stressed and that I will reiterate, not one penny collected for Pay to Play will go to anything but the course.

Well we made it over the river, and we were able to start the tourney by 10:30 am, but the river was not going to go down till after the tourney. Imagine being on an island, or even the “Hotel California”; you can check in, but you can never leave.
Many of the players left their lunches in the car across the creek; I left my drinks in the car, and my towels. Thank God for Jose Kimbro, he arrived about half way through the round with food and drink. He started cooking and the wind was just right, you could smell the food throughout the course and when we got done with the first round, realizing we could not get back to the vehicles, we converged on Jose’s food wares like ants on a piece of bread. Oh my, it sure was good, Beer Brats, and Shish Kabobs and other goodies. Jose thank you and we are very lucky to have your services; I cannot wait to see what you can do with the St. Louis Open, thanks again.

All in all, the entire tourney was a great success, I want to thank Brian Short first for letting the club use this beautiful venue. Secondly, I want to commend him for the work he does with youths. Thirdly, I fully support his plan to provide disc golfers a refuge that we can help support through small donations when we play this course.
I also want to thank the St. Charles Disc Golf Club who basically ran the event, Gary Polkinghorne, Jimmy Nelms and Tim Wiegard completed the keys items when it came to scoring, CTP’s and payout that make the tourney a success. A special thanks to Tim who transported the inventory and who helped me drink the case of Schalfly beer as we waited for the creek to fall so we could get back across. Don’t worry I will replace that case so we have it for the next tourney CTP, Gosh is Schalfly good even warm!

I look forward to future events held in association with more than one club. When responsibility is distributed, the amount of volunteers doubles. Believe me having fresh faces I can depend on to insure the players have a great time, reduces the stress level and helps me insure that you the players, no matter what level, are satisfied with the day’s events. It shows that what we do is working.

Thanks again to all who worked together unselfishly for the betterment of disc golf,
M. Kane
VP St. Louis Disc Golf Club
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby Jorge on Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Mark,

If you ever write a book, I would read it. You paint a good picture for those of us on injured reserve who couldn't be there.
Jorge
Par Poster

Postby REDARMY on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:20 pm

not angry mark, just impatient :) a couple buddies of mine were out there and i hadn't been able to get in touch with them for placements and such.
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Previous

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments