who dropped the ball

RCF & other STL-area Clubs' News, Q & A, and Conversation

who dropped the ball

Postby scooter scott on Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:27 am

so who screwed up bridgeton corse . good job on dropping the ball we dont need guys that are going to mess thing up for the club for thare pride
scooter scott

Re: who dropped the ball

Postby REDARMY on Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:55 am

Find a spell checker and try again. I don't know what "corse" and "thare" are, so I can't help you.
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby Redman on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:40 am

To all,
This is Red NOT red army. A bunch of people ask me if I am red army. I AM NOT RED ARMY. The reply that he left for this message is just the kind of stuff that I don't want people to think the I aka Red would leave. I think it is rude and should have not been written in the first place.
Now back to the first question. Who dropped the ball in Bridgeton. The last that I heard we had a lease set up and it was all set to go in. Now I have heard that they said it was a no go because of many reasons. WHAT ARE THE REASONS? If we did loose it for whatever reason I think that everyone who played in a fund raiser or anything to to with raising money for the course should get their money back.
Thankyou for your time.
Red NOT red army
Redman
Bogey Poster

Postby HITMAN on Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:01 pm

I heard the secretary, recording secretary, operations, and mechandise guys were to blame. Thats why they were all fired.
HITMAN
Par Poster

Postby Redman on Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:19 am

I truelly wish that I the former merchandise guy had something to do with it. I would ask everyone forgiveness for messing up a great thing. I heard that the president and a local sponsor went behind the vice presidents back to Bridgeton and they said no way because we could not come together as a club. I believe this because that is what I have seen done in the past. This is the sort of thing that made me walk away from the club disgusted. I just wish that all of the time that good people and volunteers put in wasn't waisted or basically flushed. I still believe that ALL of the money collected for this project by fund raisors or donations should be returned to the people who gave it.

Red
Redman
Bogey Poster

Postby emptv on Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:38 am

Disc up,
Perhaps now would be a great time for a clarification of what happened and what is going on, before rumours commence that are not based on facts. A good group to start with explanations would be: the president of the club, the vp’s, the “local sponsor”, and maybe the main volunteers that put in the most time. Maybe, just maybe, if each person puts in their account of how things happened, we can figure out how not only to correct this problem but how to avoid a gaffe like this in the future. Gentlemen involved, the answers to what happened can only be explained by you, so the ball is in your court. Please enlighten those of us with inquiring minds that want to know “WHO DROPPED THE BALL?
We should be able to figure out how to make something good come out of this, after all,
“Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.” ~Henry Ford.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:27 am

I was not involved in this whole project (other than being a board member standing by) because I have seen what happens when too many people get involved on projects like this in the past (in STL and other cities). When too many people see the glorious opportunities put in front of them, too many ideas take root and the butting of heads begins. Of course everyone would like to have their personal stamp on a course in their hometown.

Here is what I have gathered in the aftermath so far:

1) This project is not dead. Bridgeton simply wants us to pull our collective heads out of our asses and get a unified plan put together. As soon as we nail down an acceptable (by Bridgeton) layout and put together the proper agreement papers, they will start working with us again.

2) Both designs had unacceptable property infringement that Bridgeton simply was not going to bend on. They told us where we needed to keep the course, and both plans did not do this. This needed to be fixed and it never was. This was possibly our biggest mistake. To Bridgeton, it probably seemed like we were almost demanding this extra space. Not good. A good course designer is one that can handle some criticism and handle some changes. With all of the recently blown tops/resignations, this obviously wasn't the case. Taking things personally is never good in a situation like this.

3) EVERYONE that was dealing with the City of Bridgeton (3 people I believe) needed to cool their jets and quit the e-mail berating of each other...or at least leave the Bridgeton guys out of it. This looked horribly unprofessional.

It is time to move on and fix this situation. I went and took a look at the land with another non-involved club member (one of everyone's favorites - trust me). We had the Mo-Fine and Mac maps in hand. By combining the two plans, we were able to come up with a really nice 24-hole layout (Michigan inspired number, by the way), that did not infringe on land that we do not have...27 holes just wasn't going to work. It is basically a slight re-tool of the 27 hole layout. Those designers should be very happy. Macs influence came in the form of making it a workable double loop, utilizing some of his uphill vs. downhill ideas and including some of his pin positions. There will no longer be any flow issues and there will still be more than 18 holes.

So, everyone, let's not jump to any conclusions and try to work together on this. The name calling and back-stabbing needs to stop immediately.

Just my 2 cents...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby HITMAN on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:16 pm

http://www.pdga.com/documents/conflict-of-interest-policy
Maybe we should adopt a similar policy.
HITMAN
Par Poster

Postby clane on Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:00 pm

That sounds like a really good idea for the entire board.
Tag #204
clane
Par Poster

Postby REDARMY on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:59 pm

Redman wrote:To all,
This is Red NOT red army. A bunch of people ask me if I am red army. I AM NOT RED ARMY. The reply that he left for this message is just the kind of stuff that I don't want people to think the I aka Red would leave. I think it is rude and should have not been written in the first place.
Now back to the first question: who dropped the ball in Bridgeton. ? The last that I heard we had a lease set up and it was all set to go in. Now I have heard that they said it was a no go because of many reasons. WHAT ARE THE REASONS? If we did loose it for whatever reason I think that everyone who played in a fund raiser or anything to to with raising money for the course should get their money back.
Thankyou for your time.
Red NOT red army

What, you don't think the guy looks stupid bitching and moaning about a situation he obviously hasn't contributed to, using the spelling acumen of a 3rd grader?

maybe i don't have a place to call out people for unwarranted criticism, but for god's sake, if you're gonna do it in public, at least attempt to use a spell check.
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Next

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion