Team match golf with the LAKERS, interested?

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Postby emptv on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:32 am

:idea: Disc up golfers,
The Traveling LAKERS are trying to set up a team match golf round in Highland, IL, hopefully on Sunday April 10, 2011. This is nothing but a get together to play on a newer course with a bunch of other disc golfers in a slightly different format, not anything to do with the Outlaw Event. OK, maybe just a little, :twisted: as it will get a little practice in on the mentality of team match golf but nothing else. We can mix and match players by random draw or whatever. I have contacted SOIL (Centralia) & have texted the Woodland Chain gang (Collinsville) about going and SOIL has answered with a enthusiastic yes! I just texted the Chain gang and will email them later today.
Anyone interested in trying this just post it here, call, text, or talk to a LAKER and let us know. It would be great if we could get 27 people as this would put 3 players on 9 holes, a nice spread on the courses. Hopefully we will be able to do this a number of times this year in various locations & clubs, KC/Columbia @ Indian Hills, RCF/JCS, @ West City, Cuvy Ridge/Runners @ El Shaddia, Chain Gang/Alton @ Rock Springs, ect. These are just examples of possible rounds, no one else has been contacted yet. :idea:

8-)
Last edited by emptv on Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

Re: Team match golf with the LAKERS, interested?

Postby REDARMY on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:05 pm

i'll just go ahead and volunteer right now to be a moderator so crap like that can be removed and users banned.

as for your post bruce, i'm in, as soon as i get some wheels. :(
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby emptv on Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:39 pm

Disc up Mike,
Wheels might not be as much of a problem, we head up on 370 getting there.
I talked with Eric from Centralia today, the date is good, :D and he might be able to russle up about 10 people. Jeff from the chain gang (Collinsville) expressed much more than a passing interest, but he was still on the course playing so I will get back with him. So now LAKERS and other interested partiers err, I mean parties, how many want to get in on this? JAB, Legend, Bags, Mr. Hall, Red, Morgan, & Jonnie L, can tell the rest of you guys that have played singles and doubles all the time, just how challenging team match golf can be. :idea: It is a whole differant mind set with a lot of strategies.
Let me know about going, I can only text and call the people who's numbers that I have. ;)

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:42 pm

wheels for me meant wheels of my own.

my prelude finally died, so now i gotta find something else to cart my ass around.

either way, this trip sounds like fun.
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby emptv on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:51 am

Disc up,
Sounds like April 10, 2011 at 09:00 is the most likely time/date. I am not sure of how things will develop team wise. It could be a random card draw of hearts, clubs, diamonds, and spades, or groups/gangs or something else. Scoring can be done a # of ways as well, head to head against similiar seeds for 12 holes each or maybe points for each hole depending on how you did against the other's on your pad, if we play against all at the same time. Maybe something like, 4 points for winning the hole 3 points for 2nd best on the hole, 2 points for 3rd, and 1 point for 4th. Ties on the hole could be each get the same points (if the tie was for 2nd on the hole then each player would get 3 or 2, as long as it is the same throughout).
Everyone is invited so keep the date open if you are interested. You can always spice up your card with a $$ side bet or skins. Maybe we can get a ace pool going and if no one hits then we can do a throw off for the $$. Just some ideas to make this interesting. All ideas will be entertained, so feel free to help make this a even better time. :mrgreen:

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby codybritton on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:41 pm

Im in, if needed and could pick up or drop people off if needed
rcf# 16
codybritton
Par Poster

Postby clane on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:38 pm

Depending on where I am interested.
Tag #204
clane
Par Poster

Postby emptv on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:11 am

Disc up,
We have confirmation, both clubs from the great state of Illinois will be there.Rumor has it that Robo has a interest in what is happening, :o it could be more fun than anticipated. :mrgreen: JAB, are you there and interested?
Cody thanks, :D great to hear you are going, what is your 20?
Chris, this time it is at Highland, IL, hopefully we can squeeze in another in April or May. If I hear things correctly, we have Dave Mac's official Okey Dokie to play in Ozarkland (Chris A. informed me so, but I have not checked with Dave myself).
That would be a nice central location to try and get the same kind of play with KC and Columbia.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:24 pm

if anyone is counting, i'll go ahead and bow out of this arrangement. even if i have my own wheels by then, im flying to puerto rico on the 13th, so i'll probably have more important things to do on this particular weekend than golf.

:mrgreen:
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Next

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.