suggestions.....

Maintenance, Improvements, Design, and Other Misc. Course Topics

suggestions.....

Postby REDARMY on Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:46 pm

for things to consider when designing a course. there is a park near me that i *think* would be suitable for putting a course in.

assuming the local parks department is even warm to the idea, what would any of you folks here have to add to this list:

- multiple signs from the main road to point people towards parking near the first tee (a la bluebird)
- signs(s) to point you towards the first tee
- a big sign before the first tee containing a course map, scorecards, tourney info, sponsor info, (donation box?)
- course signs that show a rough map of where the tee is, where the hole is, and what obstacles you have to go around if the pin isn't visible from the tee (mandos notwithstanding). rockspring has the best example of this i have seen so far, except the accepted/standard pars weren't listed on the signs
- lots o' trash cans and benches to sit at
- a good variety of uphill, downhill, hyzer, an-hyzer, long, short, in-and-out-of-woods shots

....etc.

more as i think of them.

Bruce, if you see this, i think you know where i'm aiming towards, but please don't leak the secret!
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Re: suggestions.....

Postby emptv on Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:08 pm

Excellent suggestions, maybe you could try to get some recycling containers on the courses as well, :geek: if you put them there, they will be used.
Your secret is safe with me, as you know LAKERS don't spread rumors that might be true. :!:

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:11 pm

Just reading and want to just play. Sounds like good stuff. Elevation is key to any great course.
Jeff and Bo helped w/Alton. They are great resourses. Look them up on the collinsville thread.

Peace
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:26 pm

emptv wrote:Excellent suggestions, maybe you could try to get some recycling containers on the courses as well

i'd thought of that as well, but thats just one more thing the park would be responsible for ($$), and i'm trying to aim low at this point just to get my foot in the door.

rondisc wrote:Just reading and want to just play. Sounds like good stuff. Elevation is key to any great course.
Jeff and Bo helped w/Alton. They are great resourses. Look them up on the collinsville thread.

Peace

i'd LOVE to get in touch with jeff and bo (and mike?). they did such an awesome job at rockspring, their input could do nothing but help my cause.
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby SteveK on Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:53 pm

How about creating a Forum for WORKDAYS? Instead of burying the workdays under each course post all workday notices under one forum. This should increase the awareness of upcoming workdays, spread the word to everyone, not just those interested in a particular course.
SteveK
Bogey Poster

Postby REDARMY on Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:23 am

rondisc wrote:Just reading and want to just play. Sounds like good stuff. Elevation is key to any great course.

Peace

the place i have in mind would make sioux passage's elevation changes look sad in comparison. :D

and a 2nd vote for a workday section.
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby emptv on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:47 pm

Disc up Mike,

Your secret is safe. Any luck yet?

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:34 pm

haven't pursued it yet. gotta do some recon first anyway, but myslef and the florissant pd are at odds at the moment. i want to get that cleared up before any plans go ahead.
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby emptv on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:43 am

Disc up Mike,

I grew up with them since I grew up in Florissant, be careful, they can be very vindictive. That is, if this regime is the same as the old, but since the old PD chief became the mayor, the story probaly remains the same. History has taught me with that group, to take my lumps with as little grumbling to them as possible. Sometimes they figure that you are harmless after all, instead of the monster that they first thought I, oops I mean you, were. After all it is kind of nice if people think that you are kind of harmless. Anyway good luck with the pd and Happy B-day :mrgreen: , you water bearer. That is a zodiak referance, nothing else.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Re: Web site suggestions.....

Postby emptv on Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:43 pm

Disc up site managers,
Recently as I was showing a newbie this site, they asked me where on this site they could find out how to play disc golf and where the rules were. I could not show them anywhere on this site how to get the information without having to click on a link or leave this site and navigate through a totally differant site. I might have missed where that is, as I did not try to the search engine when looking for it. They suggested that it would be a great advantage to them and others if we had a tab that was very obvious that explained all of the rules and how to's. :idea: It would probaly be best if they could read that info right on our web site rather than having to leave the site.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Return to General Course Chat