Is there any hope for more courses in St. Charles County?

a forum for talking about Disc Golf in St. Louis and Beyond

Is there any hope for more courses in St. Charles County?

Postby fredward longshanks on Fri May 21, 2010 10:18 pm

Is there any hope for more courses in St. Charles County? Anything in the works? Discussions? Which parks would be good for a course? THANKS!
fredward longshanks
Bogey Poster

Re: Is there any hope for more courses in St. Charles County

Postby BigFishy on Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:38 pm

Saint Charles/O'Fallon definitely need more courses. Quail ridge is just too crowded.

Has anyone ever looked at Broemmelsiek Park? It's 494 acres, so there should be plenty of room.
BigFishy
Bogey Poster

Postby magic on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:57 pm

Anyone have about $6000 laying around for 18 baskets?
magic
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:45 am

Nothing really all that exciting, but below is a link to an article on stltoday.com and I quoted a small paragraph (sentence actually) in regards to disc golf. It sounds as though St. Charles has a park with a little over 100 acres, but not the money to do much with it. Just thought I would throw it out there. I guess at least being on their radar is better then nothing.

"Britton said the park would be designed to meet a variety of needs. She said there's a need for more practice space for a variety of sports. There's a constant demand to keep pace with the needs of soccer, softball and baseball leagues. She said one of the most frequent requests has been a park with a Frisbee disc golf course. A swimming pool would not be in any plans for the park, she said."

Full article
http://www.stltoday.com/suburban-journals/stcharles/news/article_701caf24-4906-11e0-8b0a-0017a4a78c22.html
magic
Ace Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:30 pm

At least they're speaking about it.
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Postby Working Stiff on Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:58 pm

There was a kid named Josh Busche here at UMR who was working on a proposed plan to develop that site back in '09. He said a disc golf course was in the plan at that time. The site sounded a lot like Creve Coeur. The park is as flat as your jr. high girlfriend and lightly wooded. The kid has disappeared from the disc golf scene up here, so I have not heard an update on it in a year and a half. It might be worth somebody knocking on the door over at St. Charles P & R to check on.
Working Stiff
Birdie Poster

Return to General DG Talk