Laker League Suggestion

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Laker League Suggestion

Postby REDARMY on Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:28 pm

Granted i'm the noob here and everyone else is more seasoned in the practice of playing group games, but from my perspective, limiting Laker League outings to groups of 4 players per card would do WONDERS.

When i came out for the jokerst/west city trek, waiting for EVERY-SINGLE-PLAYER to throw their shot not only broke any sort of rhythm one had, but it took way too damn long. I can understand the community aspect of having everyone farting around and joking with each other at once, but the at the price of increasing the time to play a course by 50% or so, is just too much in my opinion. Even at rockspring, when we divvy'ed (is that a word?) up into two cards, 8 per card was just brutal. Especially in the cold weather, waiting for 6 or 7 other shots before you took your own ensured frosty fingertips at crunchtime.

DISCLAIMER: This is my opinion, and MY opinion ONLY! I know Bruce and Francis and everyone else responsible for putting together Laker League events does a FANTASTIC job, and I encourage that effort and hope to take part in more events. It just seems, in my humble opinion, that splitting into smaller groups, perhaps with alternate tee-off points etc., would increase the enjoyment factor. Plus, whoever finishes first has more time to drink beer while waiting for the others. :)

*ducks*
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Re: Laker League Suggestion

Postby rondisc on Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:53 pm

redarmy whom ever your are,

#1 I have known some of these guys 20yrs.
#2 They have been doing the laker league AT least 18 yrs.
#3 You are a newbie.
#4 I have only started playing with these guys in the last year.
# 5 You have a chance in down under to change their rules.
#6 You must show up enough for them to even remember your name.
#7 all regular lakers know each other by name and WHO they are.
#8 the computer WILL NEVER change anything w/the lakers(meaning any of there rules).
#9 BC is one of the main men on the computer, but he is just 1 of the lakers.
#10 the first thing I was told the first time I played laker league, U put it any way U want to, DO not complain about the way the lakers play or be a person that just cannot have fun unless they have 18 birdies on 18 holes. Some of these guys are life long friends and have been doing this a Very long time.

Peace
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:56 am

wow, thanks ron, whoever you are.

despite the fact that i already admitted half of your bullet-point 'argument', you still took offense to my suggestion.

change your pad and re-read my post.

or if i see you at sioux passage this morning, i'll give you a beer to help you relax. :roll:
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:23 am

Sorry if you think I took offense, not looking for negs. There is a hugh difference between taking offense and stating facts. I played in a 20 group 1 time and I honestly thought we were never going to get done. I seriously learned MORE patients that day. Good for me, I certainly will take all my mind gives me. I am sure BC will pipe in soon enough.

Peace to ya and have fun a SP. I will be at unger for a grewling round of throwing the hard pieces of plastic and enjoying the sunshine.
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:44 pm

no hard fellings here either. :)

like i said, it was just a suggestion. i guess i don't have your patience and prefer a faster style of play.
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby emptv on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:45 pm

Disc up Mike,

First & foremost I want to thank you for any and all suggestions. Wether you are a newbie or a original, the suggestions are what allow us to fine tune this comedy group that we call THE LAKERS. :lol:
You are not alone in the want for smaller cards, it has been mentioned repeterdly, er I mean repeatedly. :o
I do understand the want for faster play. My best friends have suggested the split groups, as have I at various time over the years but almost always majority rules when votes have been taken. Sometimes rules have just been implemented, like no cursing, but by and large they will be ignored if they are not voted on. :oops: It is not like we don't make changes, 1 was to play follow the same person on the drives rather than trying to go hole by hole score, it is just that almost always we seem to stay status quo. :roll: Heck, we (LAKERS) have a hard time agreeing on anything as a hole, insert joke here. :D Once many years ago when I felt extremly strong a certian issue, and was voted down, my only course of action was to take a number of weeks off until I could start having fun again. Even if I did not get my way, to this day I still would vote the same way if it were to ever happen again and this did not happen to me, I just voted the way that I thought was right. But I digest, :P I know of quite a few people that will not play with the LAKERS because they don't have the time, or the patience for such a large group. I can respect that easily, but then again if the large group keeps the fun from happening, why would someone come out if their not having fun? :? Try to always have fun no matter no matter what your doing.
One more thing about such a large group is that it close to tourney pace. Sometimes that can be a drag but sometimes that is OK.
I know that this was just your opinion and I am ok with that, I like hearing opinions from people, sometimes it opens my eyes to a new perspective. :shock:

Disc up Ron,

Thank you for the "top ten reasons THE LAKERS rules stay the same." :lol: You are killing me, I love the creativity. :ugeek: And some of old timers either have sometimers or we have long ago burned out the memory capacity for placing names & faces togthether. :mrgreen:
I hope this LONG posting does not offend anyone and helps make this situation as clear as mud. :|
:idea: Hopefully I will see you guys Sunday at Endicott.

PS. There is talk of a traveling weekly league that is more organized starting up later this year, I am not sure what tab it is on but if you search the formats you will find it.
8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
LAKERSwhere? = custom embroidery

The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $132/$19
Sweeps= $10/$0
Fun= $149
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:30 pm

Hey Empty,
Please bring my SGs.

Thanks and see ya tomorrow, if you do not go west and work on the GC :twisted: , my friend.

Peace ;)
rondisc
Ace Poster

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.