Bridgeton Course Update Thread

RCF & other STL-area Clubs' News, Q & A, and Conversation

Re: New Bridgeton course

Postby REDARMY on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:08 pm

elevation is constant but minor for the most part, average hole id say maybe 325' buy that varies WIDELY with the 3-pin-per-hole arrangement now, par for 27 holes i'd call 85, but again, that varies A LOT depending on the pins.

no par 5's there IMO, but there are true par 4's and holes that change so much par shouldn't be one number or the other.
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby mmunter on Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:01 pm

Wait...the course isn't actually actually in the ground yet, is it?

If not, does anyone know the club's plans and timeline for moving this thing forward?
mmunter
Bogey Poster

Postby rondisc on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:22 pm

things are moving, great courses never happen over night.

Peace
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:24 pm

no it isn't in the ground.

as for timeline, all i can tell you is another evaluation (?) is planned for after the st. louis open.

perhaps Mr. Kane can divulge more info...
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby mkane on Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:07 am

Right now we have 27 holes, in a configuration that follows the contour of the neighborhood. Imagine a neighborhood and all the houses and driveways were removed, but everyones favorite plants and trees and landscaping stayed.

So far we have lost 1 hole to actual land access, but we can get it back.

We hope to meet once a week but so far we have not been able to fill the course with baskets. It is a real drag to move the baskets in the middle of a round.

We are approaching this cautiously keeping in mind the importance of safety relative to traffic flow, areas where apartment housing may be too close, and pin and basket placement locations.

As D. Legend has stated "We came out for a few days, threw some discs and we came up with these holes."

The holes as is, need to be evaluated to see if they will make the cut. The feed-back we get will help us "tweek" the design.

Right now, I love the flow, it seems no matter where you parked it would circle around.

For now we will try to meet each week considering weather and other area events.

I will start a course Thread for Bridgeton soon.

For now check it out, it is all flagged you can bring one or two, heck even nine baskets would be fun.

But please remember you are representing our clubs future, please do get involved and represent our clubs growing pride. Garbage bags will need to be brought. Keep your eyes open and let us know what you like and dislike.
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:08 pm

if we're really trying for a weekly thing, the objective date NEEDS to be moved to saturdays.

my buddy phil who supplied one basket last week will actually be able to make it out saturdays, plus (forgive me for being presumptuous here bruce), i'd imagine the LAKERS, and their (6(?) baskets last i heard) would be more than willing to make it out on a day that doesn't conflict with their regular schedule.

all that being said, although i enjoy the 27 that don has planned, i think 18 is more feasible, and hopefully i'll have some artwork to represent my ideas the next time we do get together.
REDARMY
Ace Poster

New Bridgeton course

Postby emptv on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:39 pm

Disc Up,
This Sunday the LAKERS would love to come out & check out the Bridgeton nooner. :D How many baskets would you like us to bring? :?

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby SteveK on Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:01 pm

I can bring a basket as well.

Steve
SteveK
Bogey Poster

Postby mkane on Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:21 pm

Don't forget the massacre is Saturday at JB, if we don't get a big turnout there the longer we wait for real baskets in Bridgeton.

Stay committed to are money tourneys or I can't add cash.

We need to have a min of 60 players.

Sunday the weather should be nice.

I have 2 baskets
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:30 pm

Please announce to everyone (at the Bridgeton Nooner) that the tee sign project has been approved and they are now for sale. Once money is collected, the sign will be designed, printed and installed. The only thing holding this project back (at this point) are paying hole sponsors.
Pick a hole and sponsor it!
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion