Quail Ridge 2011 Spring League

Wentzville, MO

Quail Ridge 2011 Spring League

Postby magic on Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:44 am

Tuesday evenings March 29th to May 17th.
Cards will begin going out at 4:00. Last card out at 5:30 (Will be extended to 6:00 as daylight permits).

$50 per team
All skill levels welcome
Teams will be flighted after a few weeks
You will compete against your own skill level
FIELD WILL BE LIMITED TO 54 TEAMS

Pick your own partner doubles.
8 week session.
Both partners must be able to make it for at least 4 weeks.
Cali style can be played for 4 weeks.
*If only one team member can show up you are able to play cali style. You get one mulligan per hole to make up for playing by yourself.

All weeks will be played from the Red (Concrete) tee pads.

Weekly CTP.

Optional ace pool.
You must pay $1 every week to be eligible that week.
Ace pool will carry over every week if no aces are hit.

Trophies and/or prizes at the end of the league for all flights.

Party on the final night of league to include food and beverages.

For additional information contact Greg Kuehn, 636-485-2671, damrams@hotmail.com
Last edited by magic on Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
magic
Ace Poster

Re: Quail Ridge 2011 Spring League

Postby magic on Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:58 am

I am no longer running league, but I do think Greg and others who are will be keeping most things the same. I'm sure if there is something different Greg will chime in here.

Since I no longer have to listen to complaints I would like to throw out my first complaint! I have heard talk about the pin placements changing every week. I am against this. First off, I think that once someone other then myself and Tim starts moving the pins they will realize it is a bit of pain and won't continue to do so every week. Secondly, until someone gets signs completed it can make playing the course a little tougher to navigate for those of us that don't get to play every day. Should I keep going? Of course! Thirdly, you can really change the distance and difficulty of the course depending on where the pins are located especially once all of them have been completed. It doesn't make sense to me to switch it up every week when teams are flighted and you have drop weeks involved. It should be kept consistent for the entire session. After each session is when they should be moved. And finally, some of the teams can take the competition a bit too seriously. It wouldn't surprise me if one team complains that the pins were moved to strategically help another team. Take the burden off of you and leave them in one place for the full 8 weeks.

The only good argument I have heard for moving them every week is to keep from destroying the grass and surrounding areas. Last year they were moved every 8 weeks and there really seemed to be no issues with grass getting killed or erosion problems.

One final thought. Weather permitting I will be putting hole 13 back in the ground around the end of May to get it back in use before the summer league starts.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby Jorge on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:31 pm

I couldn't disagree with you more, Andy.

It's a new little twist to the same old same old. From what I understand, they are planning on posting before league where the pins will be each week so everyone knows ahead of time.

Also, its is an advantage for those teams who show up each and every week. Those teams will have a better chance at a better overall score, so it's motivation to throw your best each and every week and not just settle for a drop week.

And I love the grass and hate the mud, so moving them will help there as well. We have these wonderful new pin placements, lets use them all throughout the year.

Oh, and quit yer bitchin already :)
Jorge
Par Poster

Postby magic on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:05 pm

We also have to realize that league players only make up a small minority of those that actually play the course. It is our responsibility with having control over moving the baskets to cater to ALL who use the course. Get some signs out there showing where the pin placement is located and I would feel a little more comfortable about them moving constantly. I certainly know that if I didn't play in league that it would suck to have to check every single hole that you can't see from the tee pad before you drove.

And even a lot of league players don't check this board too often to see where the pins will be located. You would almost have to print off something well ahead of time to hand out. That just seems like more work to me on top of actually moving them.

I'm not running league though, so it's not my call. I was just throwing out my suggestion. Any complaints to the parks dept about them moving constantly and they may put a stop to it. Again though, new tee signs is all that is needed. That is up to one person...I wonder who that could be!
Last edited by magic on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:06 pm

One thing we tinkered around with last year at JB league was a "Pick-Your-Pin" CTP. One of the CTP holes was pre-determined at the beginning as the starting point. The person that won the CTP prize also got to pick 1 pin position of their choice (no restrictions). They also got to pick which CTP the following week would be the "Pick-Your-Pin" hole.

Kinda fun in my book!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby gflap on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:24 pm

Let me me know when all 5 to 6 placements for each hole are complete so we can proceed with the signs.
gflap
Birdie Poster

Postby magic on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:51 pm

Let's not be a smart ass flapper...you know darn well you don't need all of them completed to get started. Hole 1 is completed. Let's see what you can do about that one individual, single, one-and-only, numero uno tee sign. How about this, I won't work on getting approval for additional pin placements until some of those tee signs get completed. Then I won't have to worry about the pins being moved every week. Works both ways...
magic
Ace Poster

Postby slippy on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:11 pm

Would this be fair? For each hole, before a league session, have its placement drawn from a hat. This way it is random and no one is making the coure an advantage for their team. But.... if the same placement is already in place..... redraw. Sound good? By the way, Justin Douglas and my 13 yr old stepson Trent Kranz will be a team.
slippy
Par Poster

Postby ShaneC on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:49 am

STFU and let them run the league! I love the idea of moving the pins every week! It gives us something new all the time. Signs????? Everyone knows where the optional locations are, if you can't find the basket it's on you not the signs. If you can't see the basket then you know where it is cause you can see all the other spots it would be. As far as non league players " termites" they do nothng to help the coarse they do not join leagues and clubs to put money in for improvements so they don't have a rite to say shit!
ShaneC
Bogey Poster

Postby ShaneC on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:52 am

Flapper is our king! A new ruler is in charge! This is not longer a dicktrickleship! You either play or don't!
ShaneC
Bogey Poster

Next

Return to Quail Ridge Park