Bogey Poster

Re: i think its time for 2nd pin placement here

Postby gflap on Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:11 pm

try playing from the longs
gflap
Birdie Poster

Postby JLIGON on Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:51 pm

gflap you are correct. If the red tees are not exciting enough for people than move to the long tees and that will set you straight. No need for B placements till all tees are in and everyone has played them. If you have mastered the A placements at Rock Spring than you are going to be winning alot of tournaments.

Jeff L
618-978-8316
JLIGON
Par Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:08 pm

Of course, as always there will be different opinions on these types of things! But, I think Rock Spring Park has the potential for some great, OTHER pin placements! It has nothing to do with being bored with the current set-up or it NOT being challenging enough. And, I'm sorry but, long tees??? Some courses DON'T need a second set of tees, & The Rock is a good example of this! I've got at least 25 (probably more) rounds in since this course went in, NEVER have I felt the need to even consider playing those long tees!! So...dismissing the idea of having B placements here is unfortunate, Jeff L.!! It is a GREAT idea...... :roll:

And while we're talking about Alton, how about another 9 or 18 at Gordon Moore Park?? Hopefully, if there's a chance for that, they would be a little more professionally designed than the current 9........
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:17 pm

gflap wrote:try playing from the longs

And give me a break here, greg, you're always moaning about courses being TOO long for your arm (Sioux, etc., etc,), I highly doubt that you're wanting to play from those crazy long tees at The Rock now..... :?
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby gflap on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:48 am

Jeff, you are absolutely correct. Just being a smart a##. However, Rock Spring is one of my favorite courses. By the way, Jeff L definitely would know where to place alternate pin placements as he and his group did an excellent job with that at Woodland. We will see you on the east side soon.
gflap
Birdie Poster

Postby REDARMY on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:26 pm

jeffthrow6892 wrote:Of course, as always there will be different opinions on these types of things! But, I think Rock Spring Park has the potential for some great, OTHER pin placements! It has nothing to do with being bored with the current set-up or it NOT being challenging enough. And, I'm sorry but, long tees??? Some courses DON'T need a second set of tees, & The Rock is a good example of this! I've got at least 25 (probably more) rounds in since this course went in, NEVER have I felt the need to even consider playing those long tees!! So...dismissing the idea of having B placements here is unfortunate, Jeff L.!! It is a GREAT idea...... :roll:

And while we're talking about Alton, how about another 9 or 18 at Gordon Moore Park?? Hopefully, if there's a chance for that, they would be a little more professionally designed than the current 9........

the local that showed myself and a buddy around at gordon moore said that: the park was designed by, and built for, cub/boy scouts (hence the pads right behind the pins and such short holes), and the park brass are indeed considering adding more holes.

stay tuned i guess.
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:32 pm

as for rocksprings, i'll agree with both sides of the argument here. it's tough enough as it is right now from the shorts, but alt pins WOULD be cool.

the park needs to put more trashcans/a few benches in before anything else though...
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby eric on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:04 am

it would be cool for a set of alt pins, but if it were btwn alt pins and permanent tee pads on the longs, i'd say tee pads, the longs there make that course one of the most challenging in the area, and use the available land to its fullest, moreso than alt pins would IMO, Rock Springs long is a course you have grind out, there aren't a lot of those in the area. plus look at how well woodland has done having 1 placement for years (besides the extreme and the new alts) but having 3 tees. I think I'd agree with Jeff Ligon...permanent tees first, alt pins later.
eric
Bogey Poster

Postby JLIGON on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:08 am

Alternate pin placements have always been there in the plans but getting the course completed first with tee pads and amenities(trash cans, benches and signage is first).
JLIGON
Par Poster

Return to Rock Springs Park