;>) Traveling Laker League (Chapter1: A New Hope)

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Re: ;>) Traveling Laker League

Postby tallpaul on Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:51 pm

Disc up Bruce,
My North Carolina outlaw, Dustin, is hosting an event at his home course this coming weekend; and promising that the winner will be invited to journey with him next year to Peoria!! We are bringing champions from far and wide to teach them the complete fun factor of Traveling Outlaw. I don't know what you're speaking of; regarding Trotter's crew. He is obviously employing some secretive tactics to learn of the original Outlaws, in an attempt to join our merry band? He seems to have been successful in getting a bunch of you to come and share Outlaw secrets. :o Have a good holidays, and think about heading to Charlotte area this spring, if you can pull if off. Dustin is going to host us, and though he's set the limit at 4 or 5, I am looking at perhaps double that....just means we'll have to find a second host. :)
tallpaul
Bogey Poster

;>) Traveling Laker League Sunday November 28, 2010

Postby emptv on Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:32 pm

Disc Up LAKERS,
This Sunday November 28, 2010 @ 09:00 am we will be starting a round at Lindenwood DGC. We should have 2 (two) alumni along so we can probably have a larger crowd. Don't be shy about coming out and then getting chased off, your with the LAKERS, it won't happen. ;) Park in the church around the back, by holes 13-14, to keep from making the college powers that be mad for taking all of the parking by the course. :roll:
Everybody have a happy thanksgiving and enjoy all of the disc golf. I am working on Friday, :cry: goodbye JB Turkey event, and out of town on Saturday, see ya Saint Charles Championships. :( Guess I can't defend my #8 Cuvy tag. Hopefully some of you will come out on Sunday to the college and I will get to see you then. I am tired of holding this
black RCF tag, if you want it, come and get it at the LAKER League.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

;>) Traveling Laker League @ Lindenwood

Postby emptv on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:34 am

Disc Up LAKERS,
We had a great time at Lindenwood on Sunday. We talked with security, as they came up while we were gathering trash & playing. Not only were they very receptive of us using the course ( I am very sure that handing them bags of trash only helped with that), but they also asked us if the signage was adequate enough. I wound up having to keep my
black RCF tag, but I also did not lose any disc into the lake. I believe that there were 6 lake shots, all but 2 were retrieved and only the "scorekeeper" :geek: went into the lake and "played the lie". All in all we shot 18 holes apiece and picked up at least 5 large bags of trash and disposed of them. Trash cans are in dire need on this course.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby rsflahive on Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Howdy Lakers,

Thanks a bunch for the round on Sunday; although I had to ditch out early, I had a blast with y'all.

I'll be passing on the word of your good deeds at the Lindenwood course to the Alumni Association in hopes the school will take a bit more interest in the course, primarily in improving teepads, signage, and providing trash cans at appropriate areas.

Hey Bruce, would you please email me the photos that you took of me on Sunday, despite how horrendous they may be? Thanks!

Ryan Flahive
Santa Fe, New Mexico
rsflahive
Bogey Poster

;>) Traveling Laker League Sunday December 5, 2010

Postby emptv on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:35 am

Disc Up LAKERS,
On Sunday December 5, 2010 @ 09:00am we will be back on schedule and preforming at White Birch DGC in Hazelwood. Very aceable holes, if you are up to a lot of early morning fun. :D
Very soon we will be making a trip out to the new course in Highland, IL, will you be there with us?
PS. Ryan, will do.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby jalbanese on Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:49 pm

A birthday round with the Traveling Lakers sounds like a fun time. See you folks there.
jalbanese
Par Poster

Postby dahig on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:57 pm

when do you guys plan on going out to highland?
we have plans to travel thattaway on dec. 12th, would like pop this cherry with some combined laker fun!
dahig
Bogey Poster

;>) Traveling Laker League Highland

Postby emptv on Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:17 pm

Disc up Dave,
This weekend is the Holly Daze event :mrgreen: @ Endicott and that is where our schedule takes us, by chance, as well as Francis being the TD. We want to work in Highland & we have a invite to a private course out by Truxton (John K's) before the end of the year, so the rotation should be skewed for a bit. :?: I would like to know though, what time are you going to play on that cold, rainy/snowy, windy, Sunday?

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby dahig on Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:26 am

we did not play today....BRRR!!!
dahig
Bogey Poster

Postby REDARMY on Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:52 pm

dahig wrote:we did not play today....BRRR!!!

but i am penciling my group in for the 19th since it will be warmer [sic] and no precipitation as of yet.

i'll be in touch on DGCR and via eric to update as the week progresses.

bruce, what is this course by kister's that you speak of?!

i'd actually like to play his place again (in warmer weather), and try to convince him to get it listed on DGCR.
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.