Willmore Park General Discussion

The City of St. Louis, MO

Postby emptv on Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:19 pm

Disc up,
Wednesday July 9, 2014 at 5 p.m.. Safety first.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby emptv on Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:19 am

Disc up,
With the Outlaws beginning to arrive in town for the Championship, we will treat them to our city course. Wednesday September 10, 2014 on tee pad #1 at 5 pm.
Safety first, last, and always.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Re: Willmore Park General Discussion

Postby schmitmg on Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:18 pm

I played Willmore for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I love it. Today, I shot a 57 (a good score for me I think). If I could maintain this as an average, what group could I expect to play in for tournaments? A, B, C, etc.
schmitmg

Postby Puck'n'Disc5 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:23 pm

http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/16923

Those are the results for The Gateway Open that was held in May 2014. The Pro, Masters, and Advanced divisions played Wilmore first, so take a look at the first two rounds for those specific divisions. All other divisions played Wilmore Sunday, so look at rounds 3 and 4 for those divisions. Also, I know the course has changed a bit, but I am not sure when those changes occured.

In a typcial PDGA tournament, usually the courses are set up a little longer than usual, additional OB can be added, and there is always that added pressure. From what I can see, if you can maintain an average of 57 out there, playing Advanced (MA1) seems appropriate, especially for a non PDGA sponsored event. If you have never played in a tournament before, playing Intermediate (MA2) may also be appropriate, especially for a PDGA sponsored event.

Showing up at a couple leagues and familiarizing yourself with the local players should also help gauge what division you should play. The individuals that run the area leagues do a TERRIFIC job and they are certainly always there to help! Check out the Events Reminder topic under the Tournaments and Events forum to find information about upcoming events and information about the area leagues.

Hope this helps out!

JL
Puck'n'Disc5
Birdie Poster

Postby Chris K on Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:29 pm

Ice Bowl at Willmore tomorrow, fundraiser for the Food Bank, $10 plus 2 cans or $15 w/o, 12:00 tee off. Be there or be square:)
January and February are Ice Bowl event months, please go to every one you can and give to the less fortunate among us.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Previous

Return to Willmore Park