;>) Traveling Laker League (Chapter1: A New Hope)

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Re: ;>) Traveling Laker League

Postby emptv on Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:13 pm

Disc up Redarmy,

Redarmy wrote
i don't have a camera of my own, but perhaps my upcoming birthday will solve that problem .

what's the format gonna be for endicott?

i'm split right now between doing endicott or going out to collinsville tonight and doing the roxana/siue/principa (and maybe woodland and rockspring) swing between saturday and sunday.

A: When is your B-day & how old will you be?
B: We will be playing individual gang (or herd) golf. Even if we break into two groups it is still just you versus each throw :!:
C: Sounds like you have good plans either way, just go for the fun times wherever you play. On a personal note, I always like to see ya.
If you go to Principa let me know how it is or even if it is still there, please and thank you.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $167/$117
Sweeps= $10/$17
Fun= $443
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:27 pm

i'll be 27 on wednesday (i have traffic court that night too, weeeeeeeee!) :evil:

someone else in another thread reminded me that the principa college (illinois) course disappeared as apparently those baskets were bought for rockspring. An awesome trade if you ask me. (doesn't matter to me how good principa was, rockspring is just badass.)

as for endicott, it looks like i'll be missing out. there's gonna be a superbowl party of clucking hens here at the house, so i'm gonna make for collinsville tonight.

good luck to all who are going. i can't imagine what a mess 12 and 13 will be...
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Re: ;>) Traveling Laker League Sunday February 01, 2009

Postby emptv on Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:48 pm

Good evening golfers,

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, will be to make your way out to Creve Coeur disc golf course on Sunday, February 08 for a stimulating round.
Encrypted in the previous postings there is a code that, when cracked, will give the nefarious plot of this group on trying to spread unbridled fun. :evil:
When you gain their confidence, and are playing a round, as always if you or any of your I M Forces get captured, the secretary will disavow any knowledge of your existence. (The little wimp!)
This posting will self-destruct in 10 seconds!! :twisted:

:?:

STUPID FAILING SELF DESTRUCT MECHACNISM!! :shock:

23 LAKERS were out at Endicott on Sunday February 01, a new record! Little E where are you? We miss you. Scores ranged from a 53 to a 90, so you can see the fun was abounding. Jeff shot the 53 to thrash the rest of the field and take the $21 for the win, thanks for coming out and kickin my butt. :lol: lol This turned out to be another sweepstakes round for skins, but with such a large crowd skins are hard to come by. 1 skin was hit on hole 12, by BC, and it was good for $12. $1 rollover from Hazelwood & I believe that there are $9 rolled from Endicott for the next sweepstakes round. I will check with FPA on the $ amount and edit this as needed. No hole-n-1 was hit so the ace pool now stands around $170-175.
3 new records were set Sunday,
Most LAKERS at one time: 23 :D
Consecutive Sweepstakes Rounds: 2 :)
Longest timed round: 5 hours
:cry:

Special treats for this reporter to see so many new LAKERS & so many returning LAKERS at the same time and place. CK, JK, Sahra, & MK, y’all push the fun gauge dangerously into the red zone. And Jerry, it is always the highlight of my day to get to shoot with you. :mrgreen: Thank you for coming out and brightening my day. Good luck & blessings to you.

Don't forget about the ice bowl at Hazelwood on Saturday @ 10:00
Also the Valentine Massacre at West City on Sunday @ 10:00, a ryder cup qualifier

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $167/$117
Sweeps= $10/$17
Fun= $443
emptv
Ace Poster

Re: ;>) Traveling Laker League Sunday February 08, 2009

Postby emptv on Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:48 pm

Disc up golfers,

Sunday at C.C. the hole-n-1 was hit on hole #15, by Mr. Ben H. :D Congratulations Ben. There goes my money. :lol: As seems to be the case whenever I hear of him hitting a ace, he donated some cash back, this time rewetting the pool. My money is back. :lol:
There were 7 skins hit on yet another sweepstakes round as we had 16 LAKERS. Linckster got a $4, Morgan got a $5, FPA got a $2, $1, $2, lil e got a $1 and of course Ben's ace was a skin good for $3. Also Ben got some cash from people in the 5/1 club, so he mad out like Oprah at a baked hamfest.
FPA was the overall winner, shooting a stellar 58. Look out LAKERS, he's baaack! He grabbed the #2 tag from me and did not just beat me, I felt like he was going to flog me, which is golf spelled backwards, but no, I was able to accomplish that feat with my own score.
Another new record was hit as this was the 3rd sweepstakes round in a row.
Next week, Sunday 02-15-09 will be at Moscow Mills at 09:00. This was the site of the old attendance record of 20, just broken last week. Come on out you West Plex golfers, lets break it again. IMHO we might want to split into 2 groups if there are more than 20.
I will call the ranch & make sure it is OK with them and will confirm the positive response ASAP.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $167/$117
Sweeps= $10/$17
Fun= $443
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby emptv on Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:12 pm

Disc up LAKERS,

I got the okie dokie from the Ranch this afternoon, so it is a go for Moscow Mills this Sunday.

8-)
Last edited by emptv on Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $167/$117
Sweeps= $10/$17
Fun= $443
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby RookieFlyer01 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:29 pm

I might try and join you guys on Sunday if you guys don't mind...I have been wanting to make it back out there and this sounds like a good excuse...I will probably go play Quail afterwards if anyone wants to go...
Tag No. 144...
RookieFlyer01
Bogey Poster

Postby REDARMY on Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:12 pm

RookieFlyer01 wrote:I might try and join you guys on Sunday if you guys don't mind...I have been wanting to make it back out there and this sounds like a good excuse...I will probably go play Quail afterwards if anyone wants to go...

i was considering doing the same.

i'll probably tag along if i'm not frozen after el shaddai.
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:54 pm

REDARMY wrote:
RookieFlyer01 wrote:I might try and join you guys on Sunday if you guys don't mind...I have been wanting to make it back out there and this sounds like a good excuse...I will probably go play Quail afterwards if anyone wants to go...

i was considering doing the same.

i'll probably tag along if i'm not frozen after el shaddai.

Hey redswannabearmy
U once told me to change my pad :twisted: how about some nogoooda cheese for your wine :P I do not think anything will be " frozen after el shaddai" :twisted: :D or is it that, U are just to weak :oops:

:ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

Things are very somber in STL DG world right now. People need to be able to smile about something, in this somber time. No harm, no foul ;)

Peace REDARMY

L8r
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:20 am

still no hard feelings on my end either. i just hate cold weather, and the forecast so far looks like the round at el shaddai will be frosty.

you gonna be out there ron?

if youre on my way, how bout a ride to mend the fence?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:07 am

I live south and it is all gonna depend on what time I get out of bed in the AM. Have wedding and reception in Alton today/night. Another fellow discgolfer is getting married today. I would say yes to being there but I might be lying if I cannot get out of bed in the AM. That is as good of an answer as it is going to get right now.

Peace
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.