;>) Traveling Laker League (Chapter1: A New Hope)

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Re: ;>) Traveling Laker League

Postby slippy on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:26 pm

Soooo. I need to meet up with you all again. Kircher was a BLAST!!! :D Even better when it got dark. But now I have this extra wait in my bag........does 132 ring a bell???
slippy
Par Poster

;>) Traveling Laker League Sunday October 24, 2010

Postby emptv on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:34 am

Disc Up LAKERS,
On Sunday October 24, 2010 @ 09:00 am, we will be starting a round @ Roxana Park DGC on the east side. This is a 9 hole course that we will shoot from both sets of tees, there by getting 18 holes in. :roll: As always there is the option of "Fast Eddies" after the round, :idea: cold beer & cheap food is hard (giggiddy) to resist! This course is a nice easy open course which makes for a fun casual round.

UPDATED:
Turns out the annual Roxana DGC event was happening.
RESULTS: LAKERS took first in the open (donated all of winnings to last place for the event), second in intermediate, and third in grandmasters (partial winnings donation back to club).
I like what is going on here!
:mrgreen:

8-)
Last edited by emptv on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

;>) Traveling Laker League Sunday October 31, 2010 Halloween

Postby emptv on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:29 am

Disc up LAKERS,
I am told that there might be a "word of mouth" ;) event going on this weekend in North County. If this is going to happen, the Traveling LAKERS would love to go and increase the fun level for all. :lol: The Traveling LAKERS are slated to play at Rock Spring DGC in Alton on Sunday but we would have no problem pushing it back 2 weeks. That way we could still get it in before they open the xmas light display to the public. If this event is on, please notify me so that the LAKERS can post the appropriate information. If I do not hear anything, (candy) then the LAKERS will be at Rock Spring DGC in Alton on Sunday. I will update this posting in 2 days as where we will be yucking it up at this Sunday for sure.

8-)

Updated:
we wanted to hold a BYOB get together this Sunday. However at this time, we are advised that until we have developed our relationship with the City it would be prudent to hold off this Sunday until we have the blessing of all the stakeholders involved with this project. The last thing I would want to happen is to create an uncool vibe with the very people who need to be on board before we can move this project forward.

Thanks Mark, it looks like Alton @ 09:00 on Sunday morning.
Thanks goes out to you as well Jeff,for the extra, extra, holiday hazards warning. We will be more careful on tracking our throws, (and probably having to yell FORE :!: :!: even louder than normal).
;)

8-)
Last edited by emptv on Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby mkane on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:24 am

Brucie, Lakers and all other disc golfers,
Here is the North Side Story:
We are in the process of trying to obtain an agreement with the City of Bridgeton to design and install a disc golf course "The Legacy at Carrollton Park" an incredibly suitable tract of land for disc golf. At this point disc golf legend "The Legend" and Tim Finan have taken several days out of thier busy schedules to "volunteer" and layout 27 holes on this tract at no cost to anyone, but for the love of this game. Last Sunday we got together informally and ended up with about 10 baskets, you may have received a text from me inviting you to this event. The result was ....WOW.....and we wanted to hold a BYOB get together this Sunday. However at this time, we are advised that until we have developed our relationship with the City it would be prudent to hold off this Sunday until we have the blessing of all the stakeholders involved with this project. The last thing I would want to happen is to create an uncool vibe with the very people who need to be on board before we can move this project forward.
It is my hope that this project would move forward in phases:
Phase I would be to install 27 to 36 holes in this tract of land to complete a feasibility study on the land.
Phase II would be to modify the course to accomodate the city's needs which include a Walking Path, a Pavillion and Restroom facility and a parking lot.
Phase III would be to install concrete tee pads to complement the remaining holes (27).
Keep in mind that I have no say how this will go, but I will provide as much support as humanly possible to create a win-win situation for the City of Bridgeton and the St. Louis Disc Golf Club.
You can be assured that once we get the approval to hold this BYOB Tourney, we will notify all disc golfers.
Laker,
Mark
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:25 pm

FYI LAKERS: Rock Spring Park has a setup much like the Christmas Lights right now. They have a haunted hayride that does go through the same area as the course and Christmas lights, so beware.
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby eupher61 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:17 pm

hey...where's the Lakers this Sunday, an hour later than it would seem, if you forgot to change your clocks...??

Seriously, where? I can finally start making it more often.
eupher61
Birdie Poster

;>) Traveling Laker League Sunday November 14, 2010

Postby emptv on Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:56 pm

Disc Up,
Sorry, I did not check the website until Monday. We played in Columbia, IL at the "John Lloyd Memorable DGC" :lol: Next Sunday November 14, 2010 at 09:00 will be at the new 9 hole course in Alton. Fresh to the LAKERS schedule, there should be a lot of popping sounds. :o I will update this post with course name and directions or a link for directions by Wednesday.
Come on out and help the LAKERS pop another new courses (for us) cherry!
:shock:
Last edited by emptv on Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:24 am

going back in time to sunday october 14th, are we bruce? :D

here's a link to Gordon Moore Park from DGCR:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4057

from rocksprings all you gotta do is get back on college ave. and go east for about 10 minutes/5 miles.
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

;>) Traveling Laker League D'oh, not October

Postby emptv on Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:23 am

Disc Up Mike,
Thanks for pointing out that, YOU PASSED THE TEST :!: :D Nobody else who read that noticed or corrected it, so in essence they failed. :cry: You get an A+ and your choice of:
1) A cookie
2) A medal
or
3) A chest to pin the medal on. :lol:
Just kidding :roll: but thanks for catching that. Stupid brain cells, :x telling me that I can multi task when I've killed so many of them. :mrgreen: Will you be shooting with us on Sunday, quite likely to visit Fast Eddies again :?:

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby akooler on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:45 pm

Nov 20th byop doubles in springfield...Is there room to ride with the lakers? And if so when are you guys leaving/returning?

Fro/Andrew K 6185207217
akooler
Bogey Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.