;>) Traveling Laker League (Chapter1: A New Hope)

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Re: ;>) Traveling Laker League

Postby Matteo on Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:11 am

YO Lakers! I'm sure most of you have seen the Carondelet post. Just in case you didn't Saturday the 18th, 2 weeks from now, I am setting up a temp course at Carondelet. I am short by only one basket maybe 2. I would love to have you guys out that day. I have changed the format of the day, I am not running an organized tournament, I don't want to scare casuals away. I want as many people out to the park is my main goal. I will run a small $5 tag shuffle at about 12 but it will be very informal. I hope to have the course set up by 9 and keep it there until 4ish. Hope you all can make it. See you there!

Matt
AM FOR LIFE! If I could only putt.......
Matt Augustin
PDGA 12619
Matteo
Bogey Poster

Postby emptv on Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:06 pm

Disc Up Matt,
By the luck of the draw that is the date when we go on our team match play disc golf event. :cry: Probably 10-12 of us will be in Indiana, Lemon Lakes/Alwood, to defend our title. :mrgreen: I will put on the post for the LAKERS left in town,to make it out to Carondelet. Thank you for the invite and for taking the time and effort to do this.
Next year perhaps you could be a Outlaw, the first step is to play with the LAKERS occasionally.
Good luck and have fun!

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
LAKERSwhere? = custom embroidery

The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $132/$19
Sweeps= $10/$0
Fun= $149
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby rushman007 on Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:22 pm

Hey Lakers! Thanks for a great round down in St. Gen today! For my first time playing with a group, you guys were pretty gentle, and there was little crying on the way back home. :mrgreen:

I look forward to more rounds with the Lakers. I learned a TON just by watching you all throw, and it's giving me food for thought as I improve my game...because I don't know if you noticed, but my technique needs some work.

Disc up, all! I'll catch you later this month.
Don (you know, the one who placed last behind the 14 year-old)
2012 RCF Tag #490
rushman007
Bogey Poster

;>) Traveling Laker League

Postby emptv on Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:54 pm

Disc Up Don,
Don (you know, the one who placed last behind the 14 year-old)

Two things to say about that.
1) You must be talking about the score, like that matters much in LAKER League.
2) In the fun department your fun gauge seemed to be in the red zone for a lot of the round. I believe that you placed very high on the enjoyment competition, the one that really matters.
I am very glad you came out, it increased my fun level, & remember if you watch my dvd for tips that it is a destructional not instructional clip. :lol:
See you soon.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.

The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $132/$19
Sweeps= $10/$0
Fun= $149
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby eupher61 on Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:19 pm

And, Sir Don of Last Place, you have to remember, the kid didn't play all the first go round. They showed up on 5, so he had a manufactured score for those first 4. But, suffice to say, he probably got the right score anyway!
The 2 adult locals didn't finish that much above him either.

But, you guys left one happy adult and one happy teenager down there. One happy one up here now too, and open to any comments about the course.

Sum total for the day, by my recollection: 4 Frenchs, 3 OBs.

Matt, I will also be out of town on the 18th. Polka time in Omaha..PROSIT!

steve
eupher61
Birdie Poster

;>) Traveling Laker League Wednesday September 8, 2010

Postby emptv on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:58 am

Disc Up LAKERS,
The Traveling Laker League, on Wednesday September 8, 2010 @ 5 pm, will be @ Quail Ridge for another shot at the new pin placements. It sure would be nice to see some cuvy and Slik members come out and show us poor hapless LAKERS, how to throw for the new placements.
We had a blast down at St. Gen. on Sunday. The baskets got the blame for every single throw that I missed, even the ones that would never have touched any basket made. :lol: When this course gets to be 18 holes, it will be ubergreat. A couple of costly suggestions to improve the course: 18 holes, get away from natural tee pads as that will eventually lead to erosion problem, better catching baskets but the ones you have are much better than nothing, & move the tee signs to the rear of the tee pads which I know you said is in the works. These are suggestions that you already seem to be working on, so nothing new from me. Again, the course design and layout are great. Very deceptive distances and even a wading pool for
Red to wet his tootsies in. :shock: And speaking of that, how about that golden retriever to pull the disc out of the water. When Red threw it at the disc, it landed right on top of the disc. The only problem was that the end of the device was not tied off and it was tossed in as well. :o The elevation changes are very Souix like, which make for some very interesting shots.
Steve, Thank you very much for the invitation and we will be coming back,

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.

The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $132/$19
Sweeps= $10/$0
Fun= $149
emptv
Ace Poster

;>) Traveling Laker League Sunday September 12, 2010

Postby emptv on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:31 am

Disc Up LAKERS,
On Sunday September 12, 2010 we are scheduled to do a Jokerst/Arnold split 9, that should start at 9 am. Second in the seeding round series for the
Outlaw Event. I know that there is a conflict with the Criss Cross Stumble?. I wil talk to scorekeeper & find out what shall be done and then post it.

Talked with scorekeeper & it was decided it was not rightous to force a choice between the Criss Cross Stumble or the LAKERS 2nd seeding round. Some of us will still be down at Jokerst @ 9am for the first of the split 9, then proceeding up to Arnold DGC for the 2nd 9. This is now not cosidered a seeding round, just a uberfun round. Some of us will be at Alton for the Criss Cross Stumble for fun & competition. Either way, come out and satisfy your disc golf cravings and have fun, either north or south, we got you covered.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.

The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $132/$19
Sweeps= $10/$0
Fun= $149
emptv
Ace Poster

;>) Traveling Laker League Wednesday September 15, 2010

Postby emptv on Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:28 am

Disc Up LAKERS,
On Wednesday September 15, 2010, we will be playing a round a Bluebird DGC, tee off @ 5pm. Last round before the
Traveling Outlaw Event this weekend @ Lemon Lakes in Indiana. Come out and fine tune it, team.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.

The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $132/$19
Sweeps= $10/$0
Fun= $149
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby rushman007 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:50 am

Disc Up Bruce,
Will the round at Bluebird be 9 holes or a full 18? I think I may drop by...

Don
2012 RCF Tag #490
rushman007
Bogey Poster

Postby emptv on Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:52 am

Disc Up Don,
We will shoot for 18 but daylight will dictate. Bring some lights just in case, as this park closes at 10:00 pm.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.

The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $132/$19
Sweeps= $10/$0
Fun= $149
emptv
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.