;>) Traveling Laker League (Chapter1: A New Hope)

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Re: ;>) Traveling Laker League

Postby rondisc on Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:10 pm

What a fun time today :D to say the very least. So cold anything you drink freezes :twisted: :twisted: Coffee went from HOT to cold in 2 holes. Anyway other than that most all was warm. My hats off to Crispy Bruce Kringle, thank you for the special holiday gifts for all whom played. There were 7 hardy souls and the rest of the story will be left to Crispy Kringle 8-) :mrgreen: Santa at his best for 18 holes :D
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Re: ;>) Traveling Laker League Sunday December 21,2008

Postby emptv on Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:45 pm

HO HO HO,
Man it was colder than a brass bra in a snowpile :!: Everybody was affected by the cold, but Tom G. shot like a Tommy gun. :o He was a true G-man, hunting down almost every reward on the card, with the exception of the hole-n-1. There was no ace hit, but metal was hit on the drive on hole #4 and there was a quick reward because 6 of us were in club 51. $5 dollars from everyone on the card (in the club 51) for a ace or $1 for metal on the drive. Real close to a big christmas payout.
The G-man shot a hot 56 in the artic cold. He took home the bulk of the skins $ on a sweepstakes round. He got the overall and he got the bonus payout hole. Seven brave?, or foolish, LAKERS had the course at JB all to ourselves, that has not happened for the LAKERS for many, many moons.
It was windy as well but at least the trees & hills knocked off some of the wind for awhile. Sixes and more were on the card in more than 1 place. What a great time! You can only laugh after so much, because if you cried the tears froze to your cheeks!
Next Sunday, December 28th, will start our East Side swing and will be at Collinsville, at the Woodland Chains course. Right now the start time is at 09:00. If you will be late, don't worry, there is never a problem with catching up with us. We need to tee off on time because there is a Sunday League that plays. At 09:00 tee off will start or as soon as there is at least a 4some. :x There has always been a tendency to show up at Lakertime, and almost always this is done by the old time LAKERS. I AM TALKING TO YOU BRUCE!, oh wait thats me. :roll: Old timers, lets get there on time from now on, it is really a drag to have to sit and wait when you hurry to get there on time. Enough with the whining, I will endeavor to arrive on time from now on. If I am late, start, I can catchup.
There is a possibility of playing with the guys from Woodland Chains on there format, :?: but that is under discussion right now. IF this comes to fruition, I will post it here, this would probaly involve starting at there time, which I believe is 10:00 & playing doubles, unless I am mistaken. Any opinions on what anyone would like to do would be welcomed as I would not have to spend as much time on the phone (whine!)

Cherry Mristmas Everyone!!!

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Re: ;>) Traveling Laker League Sunday December 28,2008

Postby emptv on Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:31 pm

Disc up golfers,

14 LAKERS were out at Collinsville on Sunday December 28, the last Sunday LAKER LEAGUE of 2008. The lake loomed large today :o as on hole #9, 7 of the drives went into the water and then 3 more went into the drink on the same hole on putts. The H2O did not cease to come into play after that as we ended up having enough U-boat drivers to keep Lord Namor himself happy. Santa came a little late but I was glad to accept the present. For the first time more than a year I get to post that I won this Sunday. :shock: HO! HO! HO! I shot a just good enough 58 from the long tees, for a victory that allowed me to bring home the #3 tag!! :mrgreen: As a extra bonus I got 1 of the 4 skins that were worth $3 each. No hole-n-1 was hit so the ace pool now stands at about $117.
Next Sunday will be at Roxanna, IL. at 09:00. It looks like we will play 2 9 holes (long & short tees), and that will allow to have some time to go for food and beverages at Fast Eddies afterwards, (this decision was made by a verbal poll), if so desired. This schedule allows us to tap Fast Eddies afterwards again the next week after the round at Alton.

Don't forget the Headache Bowl at Collinsville on New Years Day at 10:00
Also remember that the 2009 Winter Series starts on January 3rd at Creve Coeur Park tee off 10am

Everyone please have a safe and happy New Years if I don't get see you before then.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Re: ;>) Traveling Laker League Sunday January 03, 2009

Postby emptv on Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:56 am

Disc up golfers,

8 LAKERS showed up at Roxanna & battled the wind & cold. This time there were no hole-n-1's hit, so the pot stands at about $125 :!: I managed to stave off the challengers and shoot a 53, which was good enough to finish 1st. 2 $3 skins were taken, 1 buy myself and 1 by Chains. Man, playing in cold windy weather sure can make for some tough putts, which might explain my 2 recent victories. Probably just got lucky though, because both of the weeks were just about par victories. :|
Anyway next week will be at Alton! Good times at one of the newest courses. Come on out & have fun at Alton & view some eagles flying overhead, now those are nice birdies. :lol:
I do not know if I can afford enough time away from my family to go to Unger for the winter series & then out to Alton the next day, but either way I will be reporting on the events of the LAKER LEAGUE!!!
I hope to go to Alton but given the choice I have to play a brand spanking new course over a brand new course. As always start time is 09:00. Sunday 01/11/09
As mentioned earlier, don't forget about the winter series at Unger at 10:00 on Saturday 01/10/09 :mrgreen:

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby glg886disc on Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:25 am

Hey Bruce Congrats!!!!!!!

I'm sorry i havent been with the lakers a lot lately. I will try to make my way out to alton because i have never been out to that course. :lol: I have the #28 tag if anybody wants it. Also I dont know if the winter series at unger is still on but i will be at that . Hope to see everyboby there. :D
tag # 198
glg886disc
Bogey Poster

Postby disctosser on Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:41 pm

Hey Bruceis S.P. next on the list 1/18/09 ? If not when? thanks
disctosser
Bogey Poster

Postby emptv on Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Disc up,

You are correct sir, next week is S.P. at the normal start time of 09:00.
This past week at Alton the "G-man" came thru again. Tommy gun shot a 66 from the long teepads. As a bonus he got 2 of the 4 $1 skins :) Not so surprising, no hole-n-1 was hit, so the pot stands at around $130. :o We have $7 in the rollover skins.
Sorry about the slim reporting on this round, but I was not able to attend this round of fun. :( I hope to be able to have fun next week at S.P. but with the Winter Series coming to Q.R., and that being my home course, I will be playing there on Saturday and that means that Sunday I may have family obligations. (Always family first) :D
As previously mentioned don't forget about the WINTER SERIES AT QUAIL RIDGE at 10:00.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Re: ;>) Traveling Laker League Sunday January 18, 2009

Postby emptv on Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:36 pm

Disc up golfers,

Late posting of the LAKERS. 7 LAKERS played at SP on Sunday the 18th :D but unfortunatly I was not 1 of them. :cry: Little E not only won with a scorching 64 :shock: but he also took 2 of the 5 $1 skins, with FPA grabbing 3 more. That means there is about $7 rollover towards a superbonus skins round. The hole-n-1 stands between $135 - $140. Hazelwood is next on the agenda for Sunday the 25th at 09:00. No sense in anyone expecting to ace here, nobody ever hits it here. :roll:

Don't forget about these events this weekend:
1.24.09 Ice Bowl: Columbia, MO (Albert Oakland)
1.25.09 Ice Bowl: Collinsville

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby listen4chains on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:32 pm

all i can say is its your turn mister "minus4millenium" i want to see it too! you'd even get an extra LINCOLN from me :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ....
Life is short, make the most of every opportunity you get to do the right thing, even when it would be easier to just say "Screw it, I don't care." Make a difference, one opportunity at a time. Smile!
listen4chains
Birdie Poster

Re: ;>) Traveling Laker League Sunday January 18, 2009

Postby REDARMY on Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:12 pm

emptv wrote:Disc up golfers,

Late posting of the LAKERS. 7 LAKERS played at SP on Sunday the 18th :D but unfortunatly I was not 1 of them. :cry: Little E not only won with a scorching 64 :shock: but he also took 2 of the 5 $1 skins, with FPA grabbing 3 more. That means there is about $7 rollover towards a superbonus skins round. The hole-n-1 stands between $135 - $140. Hazelwood is next on the agenda for Sunday the 25th at 09:00. No sense in anyone expecting to ace here, nobody ever hits it here. :roll:

Don't forget about these events this weekend:
1.24.09 Ice Bowl: Columbia, MO (Albert Oakland)
1.25.09 Ice Bowl: Collinsville

8-)

am i reading this right?

lakers will be at white birch sunday the 25th at 9am?

what tees will everyone shoot from?
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.