;>) Traveling Laker League (Chapter1: A New Hope)

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Re: ;>) Traveling Laker League

Postby glg886disc on Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:39 am

hey bruce this is grant, i was wondering where the lakers would be this sunday. So please let me know. :D
Also i was wondering if you guys would be at the hollydaze at quail.
tag # 198
glg886disc
Bogey Poster

Re: ;>) Traveling Laker League 11/30/08

Postby emptv on Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:52 am

Disc up golfers,

Sunday at Alton was great. :D We switched formats to a mixed draw doubles, but we still did gang golf with 8 - 9 golfer per tag. It is amazing how strong John K.'s back is. He carried my score most of the day and we shot a 53 from the blue tees to take 1st place for $25 each,and there was a 4 way tie for 2nd. There was 18 golfers that showed up for all of the fun :!: As a bonus we chipped in $5 each extra to help pay for pads, but after finding out that the baskets were paid for by Jeff, IMHO I would suggest that he first recoups his investment for the baskets & then any $ collected should go to course improvments.
The trees are all very well established and there are varying degrees of elevation changes throughout the course. Right now parking is at a premium because of the seasonal light display but of course this is a temporary situation that should only last for 8-12 weeks. Some trash & recycle containers near some teepads are desperatly needed but I am sure they will show up as time progresses. If you place them there, they will be used. Right now the pads are natural but very playable.
Next Sunday we go back on schedule and will be doing a split 9. Starting at Kircher park in Eureka at 09:00, we will play 9 holes and then cruise to Watson Trails park in Sunset Hills for 9 more holes. Hole-n-1 stands at $79, as all cash went to the mixed doubles.
Grant,
I am not sure about the Hollydaze as it has not been discussed yet, it sound like a winner to me but it depends on my family schedule for me, but usually there is LAKER activity at a tourney like this.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $199/$112
Sweeps= $5/$16
Fun= $378
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:27 am

Lakers,
The Holly Daze in on a Saturday 12.13.08. Though we do have a work day planned for the following day 12.14.08 at Unger Park. We plan on setting up 9 temp holes where they will be installed and playing them after we work.
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby glg886disc on Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:50 pm

Bruce,
I think i'm going to make it out to Kircher and Watson on sunday. I hope there will be good weather. :D Hope to see everyone out there.
tag # 198
glg886disc
Bogey Poster

Postby emptv on Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:30 pm

Disc up golfers,

It looks like Sunday will be cold & possibly white. I will see you there, and I am willing to carpool. I am coming from Lake Saint Louis, with probably 1 person already. Anyone else interested :?: It can make for a fun ride/drive. :mrgreen:

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $199/$112
Sweeps= $5/$16
Fun= $378
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:17 pm

Empty,
The day I can come player laker league again wil be a joyous day :D Right now I do not have a "again day" yet in site but I keep :) ing. Hopefully soon. I wanna see the 20 player record go down, but that may not happen quickly.

Peace,
Ron
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Re: ;>) Traveling Laker League: Pearl Harbor Day

Postby emptv on Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:17 pm

Disc up Golfers.

FPA won on the split 9 Sunday. He did not seem challenged but he had to come from 3rd after the first 9, so there was a brief chance for me, since I was tied for 1st after 9. But like the Xmas shopping season, it slipped away almost as soon as I realized that just maybe :o . Alas not today but someday soon... :P
Skins paid out at $1 each. I believe that there was $1 extra to go into the Superbonus round fund which should be at $8. The hole-n-1 started at $86, add the $8 from the 8 LAKERS and it now stands at $96. I will have you know that history shows that it will be safe from me as aces have eluded me all of this millenium.
This coming Sunday, the 14th, will be a trip down to Festus. As is the norm start time will be at 09:00 at Jokerst park for a quick 9 holes and then it is off to West City park for the big 18 holes.
I will not be able to attend this Sunday :( because of family commitments, always family first, but I will endeavor to get the results from FPA & have them posted on this site ASAP. I will instead be at the Hollidaze at Quail on Saturday the 13th, along with a number of other LAKERS. I will also be shooting a round on Friday morning at Quail around 07:30-08:00 tee off time if anyone wants to come out and try and take my tag, #77. :idea: This is my RHL league round, but we usually have 4-7 golfers, not all of who play in the RHL. This league is year-round, virtual matches, with handicaps. Check it out. Just type RHL into the search space at the top right of this page for more details.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $199/$112
Sweeps= $5/$16
Fun= $378
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby rill22 on Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:21 pm

Where are you guys meeting this weekend? Thanks!
Ryan
Ryan Berilla
2010 Tag #32
rill22
Bogey Poster

Re: ;>) Traveling Laker League Sunday December 14,2008

Postby emptv on Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:27 pm

Disc up & HO HO HO,

Next week is our christmas round. :lol: Lots of birdies for good golfers :D & bogies for naughty ones :twisted: :evil: . Kringle may be at Jefferson Barracks this Sunday with the LAKERS :!: Come out & have a holiday round of fun at 09:00. The hole-n-1 should be around $93 before play starts, so it should be right near $100. How nice would that be to get for christmas :?: It looks like skins could be a sweepstakes round as well, another plus for the season.
Windy. The Festus round was won by the wind with FPA being the golfer with the lowest score overall. Windy.He shot a 89 when 96 is what the par should be with the 9 from Jokerst, 27 & the 18 from West City, 69. He had the lead after 9 and held on for the finish. Windy. There were 7 skins paid out, and no ace was hit. Windy.
Anyone in town who wants a chance to beef up your fun level, you know where we will be and you know we would like to have you come out. Lots of tags up for grabs :idea: as we all put our tags on the line against everyone elses that is there. Usually there are 3-5 tags in the top 30.
Sorry I missed the Festus run, but I did the Hollidaze on Saturday and got to play on the same card as Mr. Jerry B., one of my favorite people, Don the legend, I can never play enough with him, and as a bonus Jeff W., who goes way back to the mid 80's since we have played on the same card. How can you be in the same town for 20+ years and not play together? Can't make a card like that if I tried.
8-)
Last edited by emptv on Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $199/$112
Sweeps= $5/$16
Fun= $378
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:08 am

Yeah Bruce, that was cool & uh........LONG OVERDUE to say the least!!!
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.