Jefferson Barracks Summer League 2014 - Starts 5/13/2014

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Jefferson Barracks Summer League 2014 - Starts 5/13/2014

Postby discdoh on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:40 am

Here are the details for the 2014 JB Doubles Summer League...
Attachments
JB Summer Doubles 2014 300dpi.jpg
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Re: Jefferson Barracks Summer League 2014 - Starts 4/13/2014

Postby flickchick on Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:48 pm

Jill Ernst and Rebekah Kersey are back at it!
flickchick
Bogey Poster

Re: Jefferson Barracks Summer League 2014 - Starts 4/13/2014

Postby discdoh on Mon May 12, 2014 11:11 pm

Here are the vouchers and plaques that are still owed...
Attachments
JB League Payout Vouchers Owed After Spring  14-page-001.jpg
JB League Plaques Owed After Spring  14-page-001.jpg
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Re: Jefferson Barracks Summer League 2014 - Starts 5/13/2014

Postby discdoh on Thu May 15, 2014 12:09 am

Here are the standings after Week 1...

No ACES, so the ACE POOL should be over $75 next week.

Remember that everyone gets 2 DROP WEEKS. If you missed out on the first week of league due to the weather or any other reason, it is not too late to sign-up! Come on out next week and get in on the action...you will only be down 1 DROP WEEK versus everyone else, and in all honesty with the weather as cold and crappy as it was a lot of teams will probably be using Week 1 as a DROP WEEK anyways. In other words, you shouldn't be at a disadvantage when it is all said and done.

Hole 14 will be moved to the D position for next week. Someone decided to do some unapproved pruning and the decision was made to move it to hopefully discourage any further bush whacking. Please remember to always get any course improvements/alterations approved by course captain Mark Dudenhoeffer. Most importantly, if it is green/alive, leave it alone! Our discs do plenty of pruning all on their own...

Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue May 27, 2014 7:51 am

Here are the standings after Week 2...

Sorry for the delay. I honestly thought I had already posted these last week when I did all of the statistics...I guess I am used to posting on Monday nights! ;)

No ACES, so we should be close to $150 this week. Hole 14 does look mighty tasty! Otherwise, the course is in the STLO layout, so there are only a few other legitimate ACE opportunities.

Remember that everyone gets 2 DROP WEEKS. If you missed out on the first 2 weeks of league due to the weather or any other reason, it is not too late to sign-up! Come on out today and get in on the action...you will only be down your DROP WEEKS versus everyone else.

See everyone later today!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:25 am

Here are the standings after Week 3...

Neil Brown hit an ACE on Hole 4"NEW"B last Tuesday! He takes home $136 for the ACE and $18 for the 50/50 CTP for a grand total of $154! Congratulations! The ACE POOL is now reset to $0...have no fear, however, as I assume that around $50 will be collected every week from here on out. If all goes well, we should have around $250 for the Week 9 1-Disc Challenge CASH CTPs...if no one else hits an ACE! :twisted:

Remember that today is the last day that you can pay your league fees without penalty. Thanks for taking care of it...

See everyone this afternoon. I am nursing a fever as I type this, so hopefully I am not in too bad of shape. The fresh air will hopefully do me some good...

Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:59 pm

Here are the standings after Week 4...

No ACES, so the ACE POOL should be right around $100 this week! Even though the course is playing relatively tough for the next 2 weeks, there are still a few golden opportunities to cash in...come and get it!

I will start figuring in the DROP WEEKS after tomorrow. 1 DROP WEEK will be figured in after Week 5 and 2 DROP WEEKS will be figured in when I make the divisional splits after Week 6. I am sure a bunch of you are looking forward to getting rid of one or two of your scores already! This always changes things up quite a bit, so don't be discouraged by your current ranking...things can change up pretty drastically!

The weather forecast for tomorrow is looking a little nasty. As usual, league is only cancelled if the weather is producing lightning or other threatening conditions. As long as there is time to get everyone through the course, the show must go on! That said, I am always the last card that goes out, and if I am not able to complete my round then every completed score that was turned in previous will not count. Unfortunately that is the only fair way to do it. In the case of a cancellation, we will just make up the lost round by pushing the remaining league schedule back a week.

We have some nice alternative FREE CTP items going out tomorrow! Included are a really nice 200 lumen compact flashlight (thank you Dan Doke), a $25 Longhorn Steakhouse giftcard (thank you Matt Augustin), and a 4 lb. variety pack of gourmet coffee (thank you Tim Conley). Of course these items will also be accompanied by a really nice piece of plastic! SCHWING!!!

Bring the rain gear and an extra set of dry clothing just in case...see everyone tomorrow!

Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:31 pm

Here are the standings after Week 5...

It was a wet and sloppy round last week, so most of the teams that decided to tough it out ended up taking a score that turned out to be a DROP WEEK anyways. There were, however, some teams that managed to shoot a score that improved their position in the standings...to them I say "CONGRATULATIONS"! I know that I personally had a blast playing in the adverse conditions but a very tough time throwing anything that would classify as great (or even good for that matter)! In any event, the round was completed with plenty of light to spare once the storms had passed. Congratulations to everyone that came out and completed their round...you are true disc golf warriors!

There were no ACES, so the ACE POOL should be right around $150 for this week. The course is not short by any means, but there are a handful of golden opportunities to cash in...come and get it!

One DROP WEEK has been figured into the current standings. After this week, I will figure in both DROP WEEKS and make the divisional splits. If you are going to make a move, now is the time!

The weather tomorrow is looking hot and humid :evil:! Make sure you hydrate plenty before you get to the course, and make sure you drink plenty of sports drinks/water throughout the round as well. If you are going to drink a few adult beverages, please make sure that you mix in some re-hydration fluids as well. We have had some dangerous situations in the past and I would like to avoid any heat related medical emergencies from happening again. Please be safe!

See everyone tomorrow!

Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:54 pm

Here are the standings after Week 6...

The divisional splits have been made! I did the best that I could with some really tough decisions. There are a few teams that I would like to keep in limbo until after this weeks results. In most of the situations, it is simply a matter of these teams statistically falling in between 2 divisions and not really having a solid spot to call home. Here is the list of teams that could still potentially move up or down a division depending on this weeks results:

- Mike Stephens/Doug Bickell (could move down to ADV) :o
- Atti Bazdresch/Jeff Halverson (could/should move up to INT) :shock:
- John Schumacher/Brian Martineau (could move down to NOV) :?

With that said, I will try not to make any changes unless it makes COMPLETE sense. Either way, the standings and divisional splits will be 100% set in stone after tomorrow...

No ACES, so the ACE POOL should be right around $200 for tomorrow. The course has been changed up a bit and there are plenty of opportunities to make it happen...come and get it!

NOTICE

I need an artist/aspiring artist to come up with a stamp design for the 1-Disc Challenge on Week 9. I would prefer that this be someone that is actually in the league. If you have always wanted to get your artistic skills immortalized on a run of discs, this is your chance! Please talk to me tomorrow when you sign in and I will let you know what you need to do. The artwork needs to be completed by next week (7/1).

See everyone tomorrow!

discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby antihyzers on Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:55 am

Greg i am having my stepson make a logo for the battle of the barracks league , i was thinking you could make a midrange or putter disc to sell for the use during the battle league . As soon as he is finished with the design i will send it to you .
today is here, yesterday is gone, but tommorow is yet to be
antihyzers
Bogey Poster

Next

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.