Willmore Wednesdays - GLOW Edition - Starts 11/6/13

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Re: Willmore Wednesdays - GLOW Edition - Starts 11/6/13

Postby discdoh on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:17 pm

Here are the results from last night...

WOW! I am fairly certain that everyone had a blast last night! I am really happy with the way that the first week turned out. I will be making some minor adjustments for next week, but this has nothing to do with how things went for the initial league night.

The weather was a bit chilly, but once the winds calmed down and everyone started to move around it really wasn't a factor...I don't recall getting cold at any point and time. :) I guess the coldest part of the evening was while I was signing everyone in, and I am sure this goes the same for everyone that was waiting around for the round to get started. To address this issue, I am going to modify the format from a SHOTGUN START to a FLEX START. I will send cards out from 5:30PM to 6:30PM. I think this will help keep people from having to wait around in the cold. This will make it a bit trickier to coordinate getting all of the basket lights and CTP flags off of the course, but we will worry about that next week. :?

No ACES were hit, so the ACE POOL still remains! It should be well over $450 next week! Come and get it...Hole 6 is patiently waiting for your disc!

SIDE NOTES

A brand new Champion Beast was found on Hole 15 (with the LED still attached). I has no name on it. Tell me the color and I will get it back to you.

I apologize for not having the payout envelopes with me. I was all jazzed up about getting the GLOW gear together and simply forgot to take it out of the safe at work. I promise to not make that mistake again. Next week I will have a full selection of plastic for everyone to look through and spend their vouchers on, so show up a few minutes early if you need to pick up some discs.

It would be ideal if everyone could try to set up their groups ahead of time. When you sign in with me, just let me know who you are playing with and I will get your card ready to go.

I think that is it...see you all next week!

Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:42 am

REMINDER

Just a reminder that tonight we will be trying out a FLEX START from 5:30PM to 6:30PM. Hopefully this will prevent anyone from having to stand around in the cold too long...other than me :!:

The JCS Sharpshooters (Karl H.) will be bringing the LED basket lights back from this past weekends Day/Glow activities around 4:45PM. Once again, I will need some volunteers to help get the lights out to all of the baskets. 4 volunteers makes the ordeal run pretty smooth. If you can be there by 5:00PM to help out, that would be much appreciated.

The weather is going to be a bit on the nippy side tonight. I don't think it is going to get below the freezing mark while the golf is being played, but it certainly won't be too far off. Make sure to bring some extra layers so that you can make sure that you stay warm enough. I will also have HotHands handwarmers for sale - $1 for a 2-Pack. That said, nothing will warm you up like a hitting a $450+ ACE!

I will have all of the past payouts on hand this evening. If you are owed money or vouchers, I promise that I will be able to take care of you this week. :oops: I will also have a nice selection of discs for everyone to spend their vouchers on (including GLOW plastic). Vouchers unfortunately cannot be used on the purchase of LEDs (2 for $3 or 4 for $5) or HotHands ($1 for 2-Pack)...these items are in a different revenue stream and therefore require cash. ;)

See everyone this evening! Come and get it!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:53 am

Here are the results from this past week...

Believe it or not, NO ACES once again! The ACE POOL should probably reach the $500 mark next week. Once the ACE POOL officially reaches $499 (tax limit), it will cap and I will start up a second ACE POOL. :D

We will continue with the FLEX START format next week. I didn't have a lot of early takers this past week, but I still think it makes it a bit easier for everyone in general.

NOTICE

Every fourth week of Willmore Wednesdays we will switch the format up and play some random draw doubles. The first RANDOM DRAW DUBS will happen on 11/27. I will have more details to post next week...

Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:24 am

UPDATE

Some work was done on the course yesterday while the ground was softened up a bit from the warm temperatures and recent downpours. All of pin positions that were tagged by the mowers have officially been taken care of (either bent back into working status or completely replaced). This means that holes 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 17, and 18 are all back to dual pin status - thank you Jay Adams, Rob Nahlik, Dan Fritz, and Matt Augustin! Additionally, some more sleeves were picked up from the Gateway shop and installation of some brand new pin positions was started as well. Holes 1, 2, and 16 were installed yesterday and there is hope that a few more will go in this evening. What all of this means is that the pins will once again be switched up an a regular basis and the course should stay nice and "fresh" throughout the winter.

Additionally, I got out there a bit before the pin work took place and did a little basket work. All 18 baskets are now marked with GLOW duct tape. There is a band at the very top and bottom of the basket area and a band in the "sweet spot". I am not sure how much this will actually help during the rounds where the LED basket lights are used, but it certainly will help if one of the lights runs out of juice or you are playing a GLOW round on a non league night. Either way, the band in the "sweet spot" will come in handy on a regular basis...it gives you a little something to focus on and aim at.

Everyone should fully expect most of the baskets to be in their alternate positions this coming Wednesday. Other than the new positions going in this evening, here is the breakdown:

1 - moved to new "A" position ( shorter-right)
2 - moved to new "B" position (longer-left)
3 - possible new position?
4 - possible new position?
5 - moved to existing "A" position (shorter-right)
6 - stays put
7 - moved to existing "A" position (shorter-right)
8 - possible new position?
9 - possible new position?
10 - moved to existing "A" position (shorter)
11 - moved to existing "B" position (longer)
12 - moved to existing "B" position (longer)
13 - possible new position?
14 - possible new position?
15 - possible new position?
16 - moved to new "A" position (left)
17 - moved to existing "A" position (shorter-left)
18 - moved to existing "A" position (shorter-left)

Come on out this Wednesday for the GLOW league and check it all out!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:31 am

During the winter months when walkers are at a minimum, I'd like to see hole 6 go long.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:32 pm

Here are the results from last night...

Can you say NO ACES?! :o The 1st ACE POOL will cap at $499 next week and a 2nd ACE POOL will be started up...SWEET!

Even though the weather was fairly crappy last night, we still had 30 golfers brave the wet and cold. I guess a $500 ACE POOL is just a little too hard to resist! The rain kind of tailed off during the round and I actually think the temperatures may have rose a couple of degrees as well, so it honestly wasn't all that bad.

The GATEWAY DISC CTPs on Holes 1 and 6 were too hard to read by the end of the night. Whatever pen was used by the winner (same person on both holes) did not hold up in the wet conditions. I am guessing that it was probably a BLUE dry-erase marker. I was able to decipher that the first initial was a "J", and that is it. The individuals that played last night whose name begins with a "J" were Jake Harrison, John Ruvalcaba, Jim Misuraca, Jeff McCluskey, Justin Done, Josh Flow, John Misuraca, and Justin Phillips. I can eliminate John Ruvalcaba (would have written "Robo"), Jim Misuraca (wrote his name on another CTP in BLACK Sharpie), and Justin Phillips (I played with him). That leaves Jake, Jeff, Justin D., Josh, and John M. If you know who the winner is, please respond on this thread and let me know...

NOTICE

Remember that next week will be Random Draw Doubles week! This RDD round will use a Pro/Am format. When you sign in we will determine whether or not you go into the Pro or Am division. When the teams are drawn, I will randomly pair up a Pro with an Am. If there are more Ams than Pros (I will make sure that it works out this way), the remaining Am players will get paired up. If there is an odd amount of players, the poor bastard that has to play all on their lonesome will have 2 options - they can play standard CALI (one extra throw per hole) or DOUBLE CALI (two throws on every shot). In order to play DOUBLE CALI, the individual will have to pay double entry fee ($10). The ACE POOL can only be fully collected on the first shot...if the CALI player hits an ACE on the second throw they will only collect half of the ACE POOL (sucks, doesn't it :twisted: ).

See everyone next week for the pre-turkey festivities!

Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby bean928 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:29 am

On my card josh flow put his name on six. I thought it was in black though. But it was pretty close. there were a few cards behind I'm guessing.
RCF #17
bean928
Birdie Poster

Postby ewardcb on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:08 am

can you just show up any week and play or is this like a 6 week running league?

If its the former I'll be there Wednesday...
THERE'S NO CURE FOR AWESOME
ewardcb
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:21 am

You can show up any week:-)
See you tomorrow!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby MADDISC on Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:03 am

Just a reminder.

Tonight is Random Draw Doubles!!!!!
MADDISC
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.