Just a couple of updates for the league:
- I will have plenty of LED lights for sale. I ordered 250 x 2-Packs. Of those, the majority are the 3-mode red color. I am a firm believer that these show up the best and don't bother your eyes as much on the teebox (they don't affect your night vision like the other colors do). That said, I did get a smaller percentage of green ones as well. That way you can at least have a little variety. I also ordered some 3-Color 7-Mode ones as well. These cost a tiny bit more, but you can choose between red, green, or blue for the solid colors, AND you can choose to have them "mood swing" between the colors or "disco" with all 3 colors. I didn't order a ton of them, as there is always the possibility that they are junk compared to the simpler models...we will just have to wait and see. Those will be available on a first come first served basis. The pricing will go as follows: 3-mode single color
- $3 for 2 LEDs or $5 for 4 LEDs (you can mix-n-match between the red and green)7-mode 3-color
- $1.50/each (if you buy $5 worth of single color LEDs, you will be allowed to get 1 of these as part of the deal)HotHands Handwarmers
- $1 per 2-Pack
- I will have some tape on hand, but it is highly recommended that you bring your own as well. After switching the lights back and forth between discs a few times, the tape gets worn out and a fresh application is necessary. I would recommend buying some high-quality packing tape (Walgreens has some convenient compact sized Duck brand dispensers - 2 for $5). You can also use plain old electricians tape as well (2 strips applied to either end of the LED). It works great, but it just isn't as waterproof as the packing tape.
- We are going to stick to the 6:00PM START time for the first week. After that, the people that show up will help me determine if 5:30PM is a better option for the future. I noticed yesterday that it was pretty dark at 5:30PM, so it definitely is an option. Realize that when I say 6:00PM START time, this means everyone will be at their assigned hole and ready to play at 6:00PM. I will be done taking sign-ins around 5:45PM.
I may have to cut a little slack for the first week until everyone understands the concept.
- It sounds like I will probably have some people willing to help put the umbrella lights on all of the baskets beforehand. The ideal amount of volunteers would be 4 - 1 takes care of 1, 11, 12, 13 - 1 takes care of 14-18 - 1 takes care of 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 - 1 takes care of 6, 7, 8, 9. If I get 4 solid volunteers every week, this should be pretty quick and painless. If you can make it out a little early to help out, that would be much appreciated!
- I will also need help bringing in the basket lights and CTPs as well. Hopefully I will be able to let every group know ahead of time what they need to bring in when they are finished. I will have an LED attached to the CTP flags as well, so everyone should have no problem figuring out where everything is...And here is the big update...
- I am HEAVILY considering making this league a mixed format league. I am considering making the league a random draw doubles format for 1 week of every month (probably the second Wednesday of every month). Weigh in on what you think and I will plan accordingly...
I am getting pretty excited about this glow league! I hope to see you all out there!