Jefferson Barracks BYOP Doubles 2013 - Starts 3/12

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Re: Jefferson Barracks BYOP Doubles 2013 - Starts 3/12

Postby GeorgeS on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:37 pm

Yeah!!!! This is great news. we all knew it was a stupid spot to begin with. So happy the course will remain. this is and always will be the mothership course for our club and disc golf in st louis. its a good day. bang them chains!!
GeorgeS
Bogey Poster

Postby gregwil2 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:42 pm

Let's hope some disc golfer doesn't end up in one of those sink holes like at the ball golf course in Waterloo
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/illi ... 31e36.html
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:36 pm

GeorgeS wrote:Yeah!!!! This is great news. we all knew it was a stupid spot to begin with. So happy the course will remain. this is and always will be the mothership course for our club and disc golf in st louis. its a good day. bang them chains!!

I agree more than 1000%!!!! This is just awesome....
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby fadingaway on Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:37 pm

Are the weekly round updates posted online anywhere?
RCF#40 Sharpshooter#15 SCCDGC#36 SoIl#20
fadingaway
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:33 pm

I usually can't get to the updates until the weekend...I run a league at Carrollton on Mondays and a league at Endicott on Wednesdays. Thursdays are my day off from DG, but sometimes I knock it out anyways. I am going to the Blues game tonight, so no such luck. Sorry for the delays, but it is what it is...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby fadingaway on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:45 pm

You slacker! Lol... Alright, alright I can wait.. LGB!! You picked a good one. Great game last night Allen owned the Yotes!
RCF#40 Sharpshooter#15 SCCDGC#36 SoIl#20
fadingaway
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:57 pm

Here are the standings after Week 1...

No one hit an ACE, so it should be up over $100 for the coming week. The hot score was -11 from Pat & Rob. I really thought there would be a score a couple of strokes better, but I am not going to complain. The layout stays the same for Week 2. The only difference is that the Bean House Bonus will be making a return! There will be a $10 Gift Certificate FREE CTP on Hole 10A. The Bean House is the local watering hole that a bunch of leaguers go to after they finish the round. Mmmm...MARGARITAS!

Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:16 pm

This is a bit ahead of schedule, but I thought I would release the info anyways...

After this Tuesday, any of the "trustees" with a key can move baskets at will. This is definitely one aspect of league that I would appreciate help with. Thanks!

discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Strange on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:34 pm

Tough round yesterday w/o the 40mph wind gusts we've become used to

THis will be the first league round (other than the Battle at the Barracks) I've ever played w/ snow on the ground. Sounds cool. Just for planning purposes, we are being men & playing Tues league regardless of snow on the ground, right?
Strange
Birdie Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:57 am

I will have the results from Week 2 posted later today. In the meantime, I have some updates/news about tomorrow...

- JB Doubles League will not be cancelled tomorrow (3/26/2103). Everyone gets 2 drop weeks, so simply deciding not to play is an option that doesn't carry too harsh of a penalty. I will say, however, that the course will be getting longer every time that we switch it up from here on out, so typically you want to try and get some good scores in early. Maybe the ground conditions make this a moot point...

- this is not a PDGA sanctioned league, so you can attach all of the gift packing ribbon that you want to. I have done this in the past and it works quite well when done properly. I would recommend taping a 3 foot long piece of gift packing ribbon (darker color) to the bottom of your discs...take a piece of ribbon and split it in half lengthwise (this helps reduce drag a bit) and use a piece of packing tape to secure it to the bottom. Make sure that you offset the tape a bit so that the starting point of the loose ribbon itself is exactly in the middle of the disc. Also, make sure to wrap the ribbon around the tape once or twice before you secure it. This will keep the ribbon from slipping out. Also, I would recommend doing this at home while your discs are warm and dry.

- The temperature is going to just barely be above freezing, so the course is going to be a bit wet as well. Bring plenty of extra towels and maybe a change of shoes, socks, gloves, etc. for afterwards. You can never be too prepared...

- for those of you that do make it tomorrow, there will be the added bonus of FREE BEER!!! Schlafly Brewing Co. generously donated a keg of beer for both days of this past weekends C-Tier tournaments. We decided against tapping the keg on Sunday at Sioux Passage due to the horrid road conditions and the fact that we cancelled the second round. I will only leave the keg sitting out during my round of play if somebody else is willing to sit and babysit it...I certainy don't want any minors having access or the tapper to go missing.

That is all for now. If you have any questions, post them...I will be re-visiting this thread later today when I post the official results from last week.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.