Carrollton Park Handicap Singles League - Starts 3/10/2014

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Re: Carrollton Park DGC Handicap Singles League - Starts 3/1

Postby discdoh on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:58 am

Here are the payouts that are still owed...

I will get the PDGA ratings updated tomorrow...

discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:18 am

Here is the link to the PDGA ratings update...

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/105124/66469566

Have a safe and fun 4th of July!
Attachments
frisbeefireworks.jpg
frisbeefireworks.jpg (75.14 KiB) Viewed 298 times
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:06 pm

Here are the results from yesterday...

I will post the revised "Payouts Owed" information and update the PDGA ratings tomorrow morning...

Bridgeton Singles League Handicap Stats 7-23-12 to 7-8-13.jpg
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:54 am

Here is the link to the updated PDGA ratings -

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/105124/1551234829

Here are the payouts that are owed...

discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:42 am

LEAGUE NOTICE

On Monday, July 22nd, the Carrollton Park DGC Handicap Singles League will be hosting a mid-season BIG ACE DUMP! This is a carryover format from when Ben Hart used to run the Wednesday league at Creve Coeur Lake Park a couple of years back. Basically, whatever money that is in the ACE POOL (not much money right now) is combined with the money that has been collected from the 50/50s (a BUNCH of money right now) and any money that is collected from entry fees ($5 for league regulars and $10 for guests). This pile of money is then split up equally between all 18 holes and is given away that day! All of the holes will have flagged off teepads that shorten the holes to a reachable distance (i.e. 250'-300' for the longest holes & around 150' for the shortest holes). You will be sent out on a card with a tape measure. Everyone will get 2 throws at each basket. The closest throw in your group gets measured off and marked down on the card. At the end of the day, all of the groups will compare notes to figure out who the winner on each hole is. This format is a complete blast and an opportunity to load your wallet up BIG TIME!

I will post more details as the date gets closer...I am sure that I am forgetting some things at the moment. In any event, you don't want to miss out on this event! The last card will go out around 5:45-6:00P, so hopefully that gives everyone a chance to head over after work. MARK YOUR CALENDARS!

discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:11 am

I will have all of the handicap stats and PDGA ratings updated on Wednesday. Tomorrow morning, Justin and I are setting up a 3-Hole trial course at Logan College for the trustees to take a look at. With any luck, there should be another 18 hole course in the area very soon...

NOTICE

Don't forget that next week is the BIG ACE DUMP! You will want to make sure your calendar is clear for this event. Last card will go out at 6:00PM. See some of the details in a previous post.

Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:09 am

Here are the updated handicap stats...

Here is the link to the updated PDGA ratings -

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/105124/1394398589

NOTICE

Don't forget that next week is the mid-season BIG ACE DUMP! Please bring a tape measure if you have one. We will need 1 tape measure for every card that goes out. In addition to the cash prize on EVERY hole, there will also be some surprises thrown in!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:56 am

NOTICE

The BIG ACE DUMP layout is set up and ready to go! Most of the holes are in the 150' - 200' range. There are a few holes that utilize the regular RED TEES (4A,12A, and 17B) and a couple holes that are a bit longer (200' - 250'). I can send out cards as soon as you get a group put together (minimum 4, maximum 8) and come by the shop to check in. Otherwise, I will be at the course from 3:30 - 6:00 to check everyone in. I did go ahead and purchase some 25' tape measures, so if you don't have one I can lend you one for the round...just make sure that I get it back. Here are the details:

COST
- if you have played at least 3 league rounds thus far this year, the cost of the B.A.D. is $5.
- if you have not played any league rounds thus far, the cost of the B.A.D. is $10.
- if you have only played 1 or 2 rounds thus far, you get a $1 discount for each time that you played (i.e. $8 or $9)

PRIZE MONEY

- the ACE POOL is currently at $16.
- the 50/50 collection is currently at $245.
- the tape measures cost (-$19).
- the starting total is $242 = $13+/hole.
- all of the cash collected from entry fees goes directly into the payouts - with a good showing, each hole should be worth more than $25!

FORMAT
- everyone gets 2 throws per hole.
- only the closest shot of the entire group matters - measure the closest shot with the tape measure ( to 1/4") and mark it on the scorecard along with the players name.
- there is no need to finish the hole, so pick up your drives and move on to the next hole once the closest shot is measured.
- DO NOT LEAVE ANY INDICATION OF YOUR GROUPS CLOSEST SHOT FOR THE OTHER GROUPS TO SEE! This is intended to be a BLIND contest, so don't spill the beans!
- at the end of the day, I will tally all of the distances and figure out the winner of each hole.
- you do not need to be present to collect your winnings...I am at Carrollton every Monday and Endicott every Wednesday.

BONUS ITEMS
- any ACES will receive a voucher for a free disc at the Gateway shop!
- ALL female participants will receive a voucher for a free disc at the Gateway shop!

I think that about covers it. I hope to see a bunch of you out there!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:40 am

Here are the results from the BIG ACE DUMP yesterday...

I am fairly certain that everyone had a good time despite the fact that my layout was a bit longer than anticipated...I swear everything looked shorter in the morning! Oh well, most of the holes ended up being around 250' instead of the 200' that I was looking for. Next time I will bring the distance wheel...

Zackeriath Johnson hit an ACE on the hardest hole of the day - Hole 8. This was probably a 275'-300' shot from the lower plateau in the middle of the patch of trees to the far left basket. This was truly an AWESOME shot! Congratulations, Zack! You get a disc of choice as your bonus (in additioon to the $24 CTP payout).

Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:50 am

I will post the updated handicap stats and PDGA ratings tomorrow morning...

Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.