JB Doubles Fall League 2012

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Re: JB Doubles Fall League 2012

Postby Strange on Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:19 am

Agree about Doh. What would possess someone to take on the monumental task of running such a huge league is beyond me. Lotsa work & not enough thanks. I applaud you MrDoh
Strange
Birdie Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:13 am

Here are the standings going into the final week...

Congratulations to Adam Sullivan! He hit an ACE on Hole 14C last week to empty out the ACE POOL and take home $284! As sorry as I am to see the ACE POOL get drained so close to Week 9, you have to give him props on hitting Hole 14C. It only measures out at 312 feet, but require a bit more length due to the fact that it is a pure RHBH hyzer shot the whole way. Nice shot! Maybe we can convince him to buy some pitchers at the pizza party next week...

If you are in a battle for 1st or 2nd place in your division, I would really like for you to try and hold off on starting your round until the other team arrives. Direct competition for the trophy spots is always a blast!

Ace Poster

Postby jdix42 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:14 pm

thank you greg for running the league all year. Great job as always.
Thanks
Jeff
jdix42
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:35 am

Just a few small updates before I hopefully get to the final results later this evening...

There is a tie between the top 2 teams - Jay Baird/John Ruvalcaba & Jake Harrison/Jim Misuraca. They will need to figure out a way to break the tie before next Tuesday. If they do not break the tie before next Tuesday, then they will have to play a "real" round instead of the Battle at the Barracks Warm-Up "fun" round. They will still be able to shoot for all of the CASH CTPs, but they will be shooting from the tee-pads instead of the flagged off areas that are MUCH closer. It is completely up to them, but I would personally want to take care of the tie beforehand...

Dave McCormack from Gateway Disc Sports generously donated some extras to yesterday's round. He provided 2 CTPs. Each CTP was good for FREE ENTRY into this weekends St. Louis Amateur Championships being held at Carrollton Park DGC on Saturday (not to mention a limited run clear Evolution HPP Magic as well)! What a great giveaway! Thank you Dave! The winners were Josh Flow and JC Lightle. I have an actual voucher that can be used. You can either meet me during the week somewhere or meet me at the tournament on Saturday to collect your voucher. If for some unforeseen reason I don't make it to the tournament on Saturday, please reference this discussion board thread as proof of your winnings.

A BIG thanks goes out to everyone that participated in any of my JB Doubles Leagues! I think everyone had fun and there seemed to be a record low amount of complaints. I can't tell you how much I appreciate that! Even though the Doubles season is over, there is still the ever-popular JB Battle at the Barracks league to finish out the year. You are not required to show up every week, so make it out when you can!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby bean928 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:54 am

Darn I was really hoping a safari nine or twelve would have been awesome
RCF #17
bean928
Birdie Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:39 pm

Here are the final standings...

Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:23 pm

Here is a sneak peek of the Fall Plaques. A similar design will be given away to the PRO and AM winners of the Battle of the Barracks Warm-Up this coming Tuesday...

Ace Poster

Postby Lazerface on Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:07 pm

REALLY SWEET PLAQUE, BUT NOT AN ACCURATE FORESHADOWING IN MY OPINION, BUT WE'LL SEE.
AMERICA
STL TAG 4, SO IL TAG 1, ST CHUCK TAG ?, JC TAG NEEDED
Lazerface
Birdie Poster

Previous

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.