Traveling LAKERs @ Ozarkland in Vichy. 5/7/11

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Postby emptv on Fri May 06, 2011 8:29 am

Disc Up,
Thanks for the directions. Why don't you come out and join us without the rest of the guys, we are just in it for the fun, you aint scared are you? :roll: Apparently, the Rolla boys just are not ready for the amount of fun the Traveling LAKERS bring to the course. :mrgreen:

The following is part of a email that I received 5/2/2011 from Dave.
bring some trick repellent and keep moving.
the grass is getting a bit long but some people played today and seemed to get through ok.
I may float the cannonade this weekend and be out that way...
do you all have directions?
your also welcome to camp, my uncle Kevin LOVES guests and is as nice as can be.

Everyone is invited, and carpooling makes even more sense with gas @ almost $4 a gallon. :evil:

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Re: Traveling LAKERs @ Ozarkland in Vichy. 5/7/11

Postby mkane on Fri May 06, 2011 9:17 am

If this adventure is too much, please remember that the Bluebird Series is also an option this Saturday. I labored on whether or not to post on this thread, but it is the most read thread on this page. Please do be aware that if you miss this week you are not out of it, the Bluebird is the cummulative points of 4 tourneys. So if you weanie out like the Rolla boys/girls feel free to come to a tick-free zone, Lindenwood this Saturday morning, registration starts at 8:30 am in the parking lot by the 18th basket.
Have fun Lakers, wish I could go with you.
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby Working Stiff on Fri May 06, 2011 7:57 pm

I'd be out there Bruce, but I've got 270 screamin' little kids that depend on me to run a soccer league on Saturdays. Kinda hard to tell them I'm going to bail and play disc golf. The Lakers should road trip out here later to Rolla. We have an 18-hole and 9-hole for you guys to attack, and the grass actually gets mowed on those. :lol:
Working Stiff
Birdie Poster

Postby REDARMY on Fri May 06, 2011 9:12 pm

looks like i'll have to wait till next year to play these two :evil: :evil:
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby Working Stiff on Sat May 07, 2011 8:34 pm

They always come back and clean it up in the fall. The tournament is usually the weekend before Halloween, late October-ish. It should be 10/22-23. If you can't make it out then, plan a road trip for early November before the leaves get crazy. It's worth the trip.
Working Stiff
Birdie Poster

Postby emptv on Mon May 09, 2011 9:41 am

Disc Up,
It worked out great WS. Tell the Rolla gang that the grass was mowed on Friday and the LAKERS started right after 10, when the skies cleared for the rest of the day. Kevin had chili, hotdogs, fresh baked cookies, and 2 kinds of cake for the break between front and back. :D Way to go, Thank You again Kevin. With the later start and the lunch break it was 5:30 after the big course. Some of us had to leave and others camped to do Akita's Run and Rolla's courses on Sunday. We were treated so good that it was not a bummer missing Akita's, so much as another reason to make it out later in the year!! Thank you Dave, Kevin, and everyone who went along and made this such a great time.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Previous

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.