Traveling Weekly League When Daylight Savings Comes

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Traveling Weekly League When Daylight Savings Comes

Postby raymandisc on Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:19 pm

Ray Vuichard here. I'm looking to see if there is any interest in doing a traveling weekly with the same format Jay does at Endicott once daylight savings hits. Entry would be 5 bucks and have two divisions (Pro and AM). This would not be a league where you have to show up every week. No cumulative scores over an 8 week period. The payout would be 100% and paid out that day in cash just like Jay does at Endicott.

I'm not a big fan of doubles even though it's very popular. Playing singles means you own every shot, the good and the bad. I feel it's a better way to improve your game. It's certainly the format you do when you play a tournament. If your going out to the course, why not play a whole round. Not half a round. So far we only have singles at Endicott.

My take is we do this on say Fridays or maybe Thursdays. I'll come up with a schedule and post it on the discussion board. We could pretty much play all the area courses. By doing this you get the variety of holes which can only improve your game.

This would be like the "Laker League" but would not be a casual. The weekly would be more of a tournament atmosphere. Just like Jay does at Endicott.

I will volunteer to run this weekly. Comments are welcome. Thanks..
"I want a name when I loose. They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me DFL"
raymandisc
Birdie Poster

Re: Traveling Weekly League When Daylight Savings Comes

Postby rondisc on Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:23 pm

Ray,
You get it started and people will come.

Look at the LL.

Peace,
Ron
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby emptv on Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:22 am

Disc up Ray,
Like the Nazi said on laugh-in "vetty intarestink". :ugeek: This sound a good idea. Having done weekday leagues, sometimes Fridays are hard to attend because of weekend activities, but not having to show up every week can aleviate this. Thursdays might be a touch easier to attend but this might just be my schedule. This kind of format could greatly help my tourney play, & I can use it. :lol:
Thanx for getting the ball rolling on this.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $199/$112
Sweeps= $5/$16
Fun= $378
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:43 pm

Also there are plenty of people that do not play WB league. Traveling, I have had maybe 2 handfulls of playing at the LL. Different people show up each week depending on, if you show you are consistant, non wavering in the rules, and this is the way it is not attitude but... Yes things can be tweaked but not because somebody is having a not so good round. Ask the long time leaguers, I know several almost 20 yrs. There is no games, wining, and complaining. The LL motto as far as I know from a guy looking in is "you must have fun, fun FIRST". There is something to be said of that :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby raymandisc on Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:43 pm

Hi all. I'm leaning toward Friday's. This way we can play all the courses. Even Hazelweird. I'll post dates soon. In the event I'm going out of town for a tourney or have plans that Friday, I'll make arrangements for someone else to be there. In other words, it will happen every friday.
raymandisc
Birdie Poster

Postby raymandisc on Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:51 pm

Doing this on Fridays. We'll start when daylight savings hits. I'll post start times and where and when. I put out the whole year when it gets warmer. Hard to hit the keys when it's this cold. Five dollars per person with only two divisions PRO and AM. We'll pay out all the money.
raymandisc
Birdie Poster

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.