The Bridgeton Super Nooner - March 6th - 11 AM

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Re: The Bridgeton Super Nooner - March 6th - 11 AM

Postby discdoh on Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:56 pm

Just figured I would give the thread a bump to keep it fresh in everyone's mind. Looks like our basket count is looking good. If everyone that showed up at Forest Park with a basket makes it to Bridgeton as well, we should be playing 27 holes no problem!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:12 pm

It should also be noted that anyone that has to leave early needs to set their basket up on the front 9 holes so everyone can get through the course. Last time we ended up having to pull an extra basket out of someone's trunk because the one that was there to start the round wasn't there at the end of the round.
There should also be a strategic parking lot so we can have "a turn" like you usually find between holes 9 & 10. Again, last time "the turn" was between holes 22 & 23 (or something, I don't remember exactly) but it was tough to get a bottle of water to last that long.
Just suggestions...
I would be happy to take record of everyone participating in the event for the future plaque
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:22 pm

excellent point jeff.

don was kind enough to let us (the unofficial group of non-payers i was running around with (who provided 4 baskets if anyone is counting)) finish off hole 17 before he yanked his temp(s), but allocating earlier holes for people who might have to make an early exit is an excellent idea.

/again, if anyone is counting, at least 2 of the 4 baskets i sanctioned 2 weeks ago will NOT be there, not sure about the other 2...
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby Throw&Hope on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:47 pm

Silly question...where is "tournament central" for this event? I have a general idea where Carrollton park is, so I don't need a whole set of directions, but where in the old Carrollton subdivision will we be? A lat/lon maybe? Or an intersection?

Thanks!
Throw&Hope
Bogey Poster

Postby REDARMY on Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:15 am

Throw&Hope wrote:Silly question...where is "tournament central" for this event? I have a general idea where Carrollton park is, so I don't need a whole set of directions, but where in the old Carrollton subdivision will we be? A lat/lon maybe? Or an intersection?

Thanks!

JUST southeast of where woodford way passes over 270. if you're coming from any part of the 270/rock road/natural bridge/gallatin pathway, you'll see the mass of cars on the right before you get to woodford.

per google maps, Sangamon is the actual street name.

38.761354 X -90.422416 just for the sake of being thorough. (and the fact that i love dicking around in google earth)
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby raymandisc on Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:31 am

Here are the directions as I see it with less than enough Starbucks in me this morning:

From 270 and St. Charles Rock Road go east/south. Immediate left on Natural Bridge Rd. Left on Gallatin Ln to Sangamon Dr. The course should be close to the Gallatin Ln and Sangamon Dr. intersection. :P
"I want a name when I loose. They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me DFL"
raymandisc
Birdie Poster

Postby mkane on Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:55 am

Very easy to get to, off 270, to Rock Road head east(towards St. Louis), hit Natural Bridge(the first light) and turn left. Go past McDeadmeats(on left), and you can turn left on Gallatin, which is just past the Target sign(on the right). Take Gallatin all the way up to Woodford you will see the course on both sides as you pass through. At Woodford turn right and head down to the first steet on the right. That is Sangamon, park on Woodford, you can park on both sides of the street. We will make that Fundraiser Central today. It is at the bottom of the street where we usually meet, parking is allowed on any of the streets though.

Thanks to SLIK and Phil Green we will have scorecards and tee signs.
Come on out and bring a basket Phase I is ready for your review.

Come on out, and here is the cost break down:
Ten Buck donation for the Bridgeton Baskets
A buck for the Birth of the Bridgeton Ace Pool
Five Bucks for the Nooner Doubles Format
Five Bucks for CTP's worth a couple hundred bucks (9 of them)

Come on out, baskets please be there by 10 am, Players 10:30. I hope we can tee off at 11.
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby slippy on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:34 pm

left an orange orc behind if anyone found it
slippy
Par Poster

Postby irwinje on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:08 pm

So, just how much money was raised with this "super" nooner?
It was fun, though very time consuming - thanks for the free beer
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby slippy on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:34 pm

I would like to add that ...if we are to start at a certain time, then we need to start at a certain time. I travel farther than most and i make sure that I'm there early enough. If tee off is at 11:00 (or whenever) at an event.....I would like to hear "FIRE IT UP!!!!!" Some people make schedules to a certain time.
slippy
Par Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.