;>) Traveling Laker League(Chapter2: A not-so-new beginning)

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Postby emptv on Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:51 am

Disc Up LAKERS,
This Sunday March 13, 2011 at 09:00 hours we will be starting the split 9 for Arnold/Jokerst at ….Arnold. That way if it is too wet after this week’s rain we can double down at Jokerst, but the report given was that Arnold was good to go. Come on down and help celebrate the scorekeepers recent tour placing and it is getting close to his big 50 b-day.
:o :shock: :mrgreen:

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby emptv on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:41 am

Disc up LAKERS,
:idea: Two reminders for this weekend.
1) JCS membership drive Saturday @ West City DGC :!:
2) Daylight savings time ends Sunday morning. :shock: Be sure to move your clocks up 1 hour before you go to sleep Saturday night :roll: & change those batteries in your smoke detector. Bring the old batteries to LAKER league and give to Bruce for recycling.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby emptv on Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:29 pm

Disc Up LAKERS,
Update received 3/11/11 on course conditions:
Here is an update on Arnold. Hole 9 is a swamp from the tee pads to 50’ from the basket. Still playable but that hole is very wet. The rest of the course is dry. Depending on the weather it may get better or worse.
See you Sunday morning at 09:00 hours with hot coffee & instant coco. Still working on something hot to eat, maybe ham-green beans- and white potatoes. :geek: MMMMM praise the pork! :mrgreen:

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby emptv on Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 am

Disc Up LAKERS,
THE FIREING UP OF THE WEEKDAY TRAVELING LAKER LEAGUE HAS BEGUN!! On Wednesday March 16, 2011 tee off time as close to 5pm as achievable at Quail Ridge. Remember that QR closes ½ hour after sunset so we will have to turn 2 to finish.
After that we will play on Tuesday evenings, Tuesdays seemed to have less league goings-on around the area, so we will not be as intrusive during the chief disc golfing seasons.
One variance to the weekday LAKER league :o will be going in a counter-clockwise pattern as compared to the clockwise pattern that the Sunday LAKER league moves in. That means that the pattern of play will by and large be: QR-Lindenwood-CC-Endicott-White Birch-Sioux, ect. But with the LAKERS nothing is set in stone, so verify the information by going to the site often. :lol:
As of now we will maintain doing both the Sunday and Weekday Traveling LAKER league, but there is strong indications that as the hours of daylight increases we will close down the Sunday version :( to chase other options on weekends. :idea: One well-liked choice being discussed is going to a variety of road trip courses and playing some team match golf, to hone our skills for the Outlaw Event this September. :twisted: A round at Highland, IL new course is in the works with one of the LAKERS sister clubs, SOIL (Centralia) for mid-April. This will also help deciding who will be going along and what your seeding is. So if you are fascinated in going to the Outlaw Event, you might want to get in on some of this action. LAKERS that have gone to both events are guaranteed spots on the team if they want one. The residual spots are up for grabs, next chance is LAKERS with Outlaw experience, and then invites. I am pretty sure that there will be 1 extra seed open (5 in all) on the LAKERS as I am tinkering around with the thought of devoting my energies to being a non-playing captain. That would allow me to spend more time on strategies, meetings, and the LAKER supplied banquet Saturday night. There are a lot of prospective team bonuses by having a non-playing captain, not the least of being able to deliver any needs to our team while play is happening, such as food, drinks, forgotten gear (last year rain gear was left at camp during the rainy round), or taking care of pets.
This posting is longer than I expected it to be when I started but hey, there are a number of changes occurring above and beyond the seasons and time.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby emptv on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:06 pm

Disc Up LAKERS,
On Sunday March 13, 2011 we accomplished the split 9 for Arnold/Jokerst. We had 8 golfers with us and hot food. The food (green beans, white potatoes, & ham) was easily devoured as was the courses. Arnold was not that wet and Jokerst is always fun. Next Sunday March 20, 2011 the Traveling LAKERS will be taking a road trip down to St. Gen. to hit their 9 hole course. We will play 18 holes, with the alternate tee pads being in the LAKER positions. If anyone is interested in going, just contact a LAKER and we will set you up.
Results from the split 9:
1st Chains, scorekeeper: 2nd Tiny e: 3rd Dave: 4th cook, emptv: 5th Jen: dnf: Q.

8-)
Last edited by emptv on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby emptv on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:34 am

Disc Up LAKERS,
We had 9 LAKERS come out to Quail Ridge for the start of the weekday Traveling LAKER League. Not only did we have a blast, but we were able to finish 18 holes as well. :shock:
No aces were hit, the missing link failed in his quest to get his first LAKER ace, :lol: and there were $5 in skins paid out.

Results:
Overall winner for $6 is Chains.
Two $1 skins to Tiny e, one $1 skin each to Chains, Q, and missing link (who wasn't there to collect at the end)
1st: Chains; 2nd: Tiny e; 3rd: Q; 4th: emptv; 5th: Cook, Ryan, Linckster; dnf: Old #7, missing link.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Re: ;>) Traveling Laker League(Chapter2: A not-so-new beginn

Postby REDARMY on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:19 pm

emptv wrote:Disc Up LAKERS,
On Sunday March 13, 2011 we accomplished the split 9 for Arnold/Jokerst. We had 8 golfers with us and hot food. The food (green beans, white potatoes, & ham) was easily devoured as was the courses. Arnold was not that wet and Jokerst is always fun. Next Sunday March 20, 2011 the Traveling LAKERS will be taking a road trip down to St. Gen. to hit their 9 hole course. We will play 18 holes, with the alternate tee pads being in the LAKER positions. If anyone is interested in going, just contact a LAKER and we will set you up.
Results from the split 9:
1st Chains, scorekeeper: 2nd Tiny e: 3rd Dave: 4th cook, emptv: 5th Jen: dnf: Q.

8-)

woot! would love to make this!
Bruce, who do i have to be in touch with, when do i have to be ready, and how much to pony up for gas?!

new course to play FTW!
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby emptv on Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:54 am

Disc Up LAKER,
Usually scorekeeper (Francis) shows up and he lives in Florissant, I am in Lake Saint Louis, with 1 rider who I am picking up @ 141 & 44 & Q lives in Kirkwood. It is around 1hour and 40 minutes drive from my house, so with the pickup I will be leaving almost at 7am. :shock: With me gas is always something we can work with. You will have to call one of the other LAKERS to see about their schedule and rates. :lol: I know that you have my # and I can give you one of the other LAKERS if you need them, just call me for their #'s.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Re: ;>) Traveling Laker League(Chapter2: A not-so-new beginn

Postby REDARMY on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:06 pm

eh, was out too late today at el shaddai and quail to make these plans, so good luck to all the lakers heading out tomorrow. bring boots!
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby emptv on Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:25 pm

Disc Up LAKERS,
On Tuesday March 22, 2011 the Traveling LAKERS will be shooting 18 holes at Lindenwood DGC at 5pm begining at hole #14. Park at the church at the back of the course to be near the tee pad. Alumni will be along, so authorization to play is covered. :P If you have not been to Lindenwood yet, here is your chance to play at college.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.