Flywood Discs for Sale

Trade/Sell/Buy discs. No commercial advertisements without explicit site admin permission!

Flywood Discs for Sale

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:31 am

I had this moved from over in the "Equipment Chat" forum (because it really belongs here).

I am now going to be selling Flywood natural discs.

I thought I was only going to have four, on this first shipment, but the owner sent me a bunch instead. They're going for $30 each. I'll give a bag patch (as seen in the stack photo) to the first 5 buyers.

Any discs purchased from this particular inventory: I'm giving a $2 discount to RCF club members and all remaining proceeds go to the club for course maintenance and/or improvement projects.

I'll update the images as they sell so you know what I currently have. If you are more interested in a specific color or weight, I can probably get that for you... but I can't do the discount because I need to cover shipping and buying in bulk is cheaper.

Anyone who would like to throw before you buy, I can probably arrange that.

Just shoot me a PM if you're interested.

EDIT (6-30-12 12:45pm): AND... they're gone. All of this shipment are sold out.

Last edited by Stubborn Puppet on Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Re: Flywood Discs

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:54 pm

Well, these have sold a lot faster than I anticipated, so I'm hoping to have a new shipment soon. They're all hand-crafted from beginning to end, so they may take a few weeks to get here, but if you want something specific, let me know and I'll get it for you.

I'd much rather see people throwing these than putting them on a wall or a shelf :evil:
They're built to fly and they do. They're really tough, so don't worry about the trees and the baskets. If you have doubts, just ask me to see the Log I've been throwing since November, the Harvest I've been throwing since January and the Walking Stick I've been throwing since March. They're in good freaking shape. The Harvest (mid-range) looks practically brand new, The Stick (distance driver) is only showing slight wear and the Log (putter) is looking pretty good for a disc that has now been thrown at about 1600 baskets.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Re: Flywood Discs

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:31 pm

All of this shipment of Flywood are now SOLD OUT. Hope everyone enjoys them.

I'll let you know when I have a new shipment and I'll post more pictures.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Re: Flywood Discs for Sale

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:29 pm

I am a bit behind posting this, but I got a new shipment last week from Flywood. This time, nothing was reserved in advance, so it's all up for grabs immediately. There are a few Logs and Harvests on back-order with Flywood, which I'll post as soon as I get them.

As before, Flywood natural wood discs are $30 a piece, same price as the Flywood online store. I'm continuing my offer of a $2 discount to all RCF members. I'll also still be giving the proceeds of the sales back to the clubs for course improvement/maintenance. Although this was to be the case last time, the club used the money to buy 2 discs, one was offered at the Bridgeton Bomber as a CTP and the other was donated to the Shanty Open as a prize.

I forgot to get it last time, but this time I also have some of Flywood's own homegrown BOOBEE Wax beeswax pucks. They're used to refresh the nice "grippy" feeling they have when they're new. Those will go for $1.00

Also new in this order: Flywood has started making some hemp catch discs (as seen in the photo of the shipment). They're great for catch and nice for throwing indoors. Those are going for $20.

I bought the hemp trucker cap. Sorry.

Anyone who wants a test throw before you decide to buy, just let me know and we can probably arrange something.

Alright, in this order:

Only have one of these, it's a new, lightweight, overstable putter design that Flywood is prototyping right now. The disc still says "Log", but that is just the craftsman at Flywood doing his thing and not wanting them to go out without a branding mark.
It has a low and symmetrical profile.

Next, I've got two of an experimental prototype midrange. It is shaped like a regular Buzzz on top and sorta like a Buzzz SS on the bottom, but a little deeper on the rim. It's an overstable disc that has a long slow fade. Like the prototype putter above, this simply has the "Harvest" branding on it so that it has something on it.

Finally, I have ten of the Walking Sticks. These have been very well received from the last shipment for their clean, sharp shape, extremely stable flight, gentle fade and consistency. They tend to run a little lighter than most distance drivers, so they get the benefits that people experience with the Blizzard discs (extra distance), but aren't floppy (duh, made of wood).

Just PM me or reply here if you're interested or curious.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:29 am

I've got an additional shipment of Flywood's original "SuperFly" Harvests and "SuperFly" logs on the way next week. These are the ones that myself and a couple of other locals have been raving about for their almost R/C like qualities. I'll get pictures up when they arrive.

I think there might also be some new bag patches in for those that have been asking.

As always, I'm available to give you a chance to throw these if you like. Just let me know and we'll make it happen.

Others have reminded me to mention that many of these Walking Sticks are very lightweight like Blizzards, but don't get floppy and are very predictable. I've been getting to the point where I can really push an extra 20-30' out of them... like when I overshot basket 9 (in the original long position) at Schroeder with my 138g Stick - I didn't know I could throw that far, especially uphill.

These are now also available in the CLUB STORE at any major event.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:28 pm

A little inventory update here.

I'll update the pictures later, but the Orange Log (putter), the 153g teal Walking Stick and one of the purple (can't remember which weight right now) Walking Sticks are sold. Also, all 3 of the "Hempies" discs are sold.

I'll be getting even more discs this week... stay tuned.

For any of you that have had these a while, check back with me about picking up a puck of BooBee Wax and I'll show you how to apply it to return that original "grippy" feel.

Also, I wouldn't mind hearing from more of you who've been throwing them. I've heard from 3 guys personally on the course and they all seem to love them, but I still like to get all the feedback to pass along to the owner in PA.

Thanks
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:37 pm

I haven't had time to take photos yet (and I never did last time), but I have a great new selection now.

I've got 7 new SuperFly Logs in a variety of weights and colors.

I've got two SuperFly Harvest's.

I've got 4 Walking Sticks.

I've also got 7 of those Hempies in stock. Those sold very fast the last time I had them and make a fantastic catch disc, indoor disc or kids disc. They actually fly pretty well as a putter too.

As always, I am happy to make myself available to meet you and let you toss any of my personal discs as much as you like.

I can also get you custom, laser engraved discs, with just about any image you want. Here's a recent example, but it does lack the level of detail that's possible:

Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:29 am

Here's the new inventory:

Logs - approach putters.

Harvests - two different types: Overstable Midrange and Stable/Flat Midrange

Walking Sticks - 10-5-2-3 distance driver

And the return of the Hempie!

These fun discs are made of Hemp and are great for catch and indoor play... maybe even for a putter.

All woodies are $28.
Hempies go for $18.

Call me if you're interested or just want to give them a test throw.
Daniel 314-302-8204
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:48 pm

Since all of my stock of Flywood sold out at the St. Louis Open, I've ordered a new batch.

Top left to bottom right:

Log (putter) - orange - 180g
Log - purple - 173g
Log - orange - 175g

Harvest (midrange) - red - 171g

Superfly Harvest (fairway) - red - 155g
Superfly Harvest - orange - 168g

Walking Stick (driver) - natural - 177g
Walking Stick - black - 173g

They're $28 a piece.

By the way, that orange Superfly Harvest in the lower left... you can't have that. It's mine now. That's because it is Flywood disc #1000. That's right, that disc is the 1000th disc Flywood has sold.

Oh yeah!
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:30 pm

Just got a brand new shipment of woodies so we're stocked up at the club store for the Club Championships this weekend.
$28 each.
Each comes with a free BooBee Wax puck.
Patches $3

The top row are putters - "Log"
Center row are the new midrange/fairway - "Harvest"
Bottom row are distance drivers - "Walking Stick"
You'll notice I have two of the new "bottom branded" discs in the mix this time - very groovy.

I'll be available all weekend if you want to give any of these a "test flight".
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Return to Trading Post / Marketplace