Tech problems?

ask questions, get answers, & find info about the RCF website/forums

Re: Tech problems?

Postby REDARMY on Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:16 pm

ditto. as soon as i made my last post, i couldn't get in from home.

the place i'm posting at now is in Illinois and i still haven't been able to get in for the last 20 hours until now
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:14 pm

REDARMY wrote:ditto. as soon as i made my last post, i couldn't get in from home.

the place i'm posting at now is in Illinois and i still haven't been able to get in for the last 20 hours until now

Try this,
Bigger question is why?

Peace

http://www.pagewash.com/nph-index.cgi/0 ... spyho.pbz/
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:14 am

pagewash didn't do anything for me ron, but i will use that later, thanks.

apparently i can only get into the board between 1 and 10 am-ish.

is there any progress with the problem?

or has listenforchains nailed it? we've got some jerkwads infiltrating the server/boards?
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby rill22 on Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:03 pm

Change your DNS settings and you will be able to get in just fine. Just do step 1 from this site.

https://www.opendns.com/start/computer/
Ryan Berilla
2010 Tag #32
rill22
Bogey Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:02 pm

Starting last night, & continuing today, when I tried to get on the site, I got a "Site Under Maintenance" screen that said it should be back up & running in 20 min. or so, & at least 12 hours has gone by. The only way I got in was from an e-mail saying a new post had been made & I copy & pasted from that to get on! Other friends have told me they haven't been able to get on the STL site, as well. :roll:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby rill22 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:25 pm

jeffthrow6892 wrote:Starting last night, & continuing today, when I tried to get on the site, I got a "Site Under Maintenance" screen that said it should be back up & running in 20 min. or so, & at least 12 hours has gone by. The only way I got in was from an e-mail saying a new post had been made & I copy & pasted from that to get on! Other friends have told me they haven't been able to get on the STL site, as well. :roll:

Its a DNS issue. Change your dns settings and you will be just fine. Read my previous post and let me know if that works.
Ryan Berilla
2010 Tag #32
rill22
Bogey Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:47 pm

rill22 wrote:
jeffthrow6892 wrote:Starting last night, & continuing today, when I tried to get on the site, I got a "Site Under Maintenance" screen that said it should be back up & running in 20 min. or so, & at least 12 hours has gone by. The only way I got in was from an e-mail saying a new post had been made & I copy & pasted from that to get on! Other friends have told me they haven't been able to get on the STL site, as well. :roll:

Its a DNS issue. Change your dns settings and you will be just fine. Read my previous post and let me know if that works.

Well I tried that & I'm still getting this "site under maintenance" screen. :(
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby rill22 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:02 pm

Jeffthrow,

Are you setup on wireless? If so, make sure you do those steps to the wireless connection and not the local area connection. If that doesnt work, I dont know what to tell you. Sorry
Ryan Berilla
2010 Tag #32
rill22
Bogey Poster

Postby listen4chains on Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:06 pm

USE THE PAGEWASH LINK FROM RON, AND ALSO ADJUST YOUR DNS SETTINGS AS RYAN SUGGESTED, SO YOU HAVE BOTH OPTIONS. IT IS SLOWER ON PAGEWASH, BUT YOU AT LEAST WILL BE ABLE TO READ WHAT IS HAPPENING WHEN IT IS NEEDED!

http://www.pagewash.com/nph-index.cgi/0 ... spyho.pbz/

RON: WOULD YOU POST THIS PAGEWASH LINK ON THE PDGA SITE FOR US, THANKS! IT REALLY HELPED ME.
Life is short, make the most of every opportunity you get to do the right thing, even when it would be easier to just say "Screw it, I don't care." Make a difference, one opportunity at a time. Smile!
listen4chains
Birdie Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Fri May 01, 2009 2:08 pm

rill22 wrote:Jeffthrow,

Are you setup on wireless? If so, make sure you do those steps to the wireless connection and not the local area connection. If that doesnt work, I dont know what to tell you. Sorry

Nope. I find it hard to believe that the problem here is in any way on my end of things. But, obviously, I'm getting around this issue & still getting on the site, so, whatever! :roll:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Website/Message Board Info and Q & A