ask questions, get answers, & find info about the RCF website/forums

Postby listen4chains on Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:34 pm

How exactly, step by step, do you get an avatar? I tried using an image from my documents I had saved, and also from a URL, making sure I also listed the 150 x 150 maximum pixel size where it is indicated. I know Petey has the answers... thanks for your help!~ :mrgreen:
Life is short, make the most of every opportunity you get to do the right thing, even when it would be easier to just say "Screw it, I don't care." Make a difference, one opportunity at a time. Smile!
listen4chains
Birdie Poster

Re: Avatars and how to make one

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:48 pm

listen4chains wrote:How exactly, step by step, do you get an avatar? I tried using an image from my documents I had saved, and also from a URL, making sure I also listed the 150 x 150 maximum pixel size where it is indicated. I know Petey has the answers... thanks for your help!~ :mrgreen:

I've wondered about how to do this as well!! :?
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:58 pm

listen4chains wrote:How exactly, step by step, do you get an avatar? I tried using an image from my documents I had saved, and also from a URL, making sure I also listed the 150 x 150 maximum pixel size where it is indicated. I know Petey has the answers... thanks for your help!~ :mrgreen:

-Login @ Stlouisdiscgolfclub.com
-Click User Control Panel
-Click Profile
-Click Edit Avatar

-On a seperate webpage go to http://www.photobucket.com (that worked best for me)
-Type in your search, i.e. disc golf, etc. and hit search
-Find an image you like
-Right-click the image and select properties
-Within properties you can make sure the dimension size isn't too large
-Find one that fits
-Copy the Direct Link code (bottom, right on photobucket screen)
-Paste the code into the "Upload From a URL" section in your profile
Click Edit Avatar

-Set the dimensions to match the image
Right-click the image and select properties

-Hit submit!!

Hopefully this works for ya, it took me a minute to find one that fit...

De nada
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:10 am

Well I FINALLY figured out how to do this thanks to Starfire & bobosun! :D But, it sucks that half the pictures I try to use won't fit!! Why are the allowable dimensions so damn small???
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:24 pm

jeffthrow6892 wrote:Well I FINALLY figured out how to do this thanks to Starfire & bobosun! :D But, it sucks that half the pictures I try to use won't fit!! Why are the allowable dimensions so damn small???

$$$

avatar images that get loaded every time someone clicks on a thread, wether they actually scroll down to see all the posts (and avatars) or not, take much more data traffic to load than the simple text and board layout.

if the site goes over whatever amount of gigs of traffic they're alotted per month, it costs big bucks. (same idea as your cell phone plan. first 1000 minutes are free, but for every minute over 1000 you get charged some absurd rate.)
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Return to Website/Message Board Info and Q & A