Spammers and blocked ip addresses

ask questions, get answers, & find info about the RCF website/forums

Spammers and blocked ip addresses

Postby Chris K on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:21 pm

We are having an excessive amount of spammers on this site. It is more than I can keep up with. I banned a group of numbers to include the lion's share of the culprits and inadvertently snared some of you who are not spammers. Please send me a text or email if you discover you are banned from this site. crkinsella@att.net
314-583-3340
Sorry for your trouble
Chris K
Chris K
Ace Poster

Re: Spammers and blocked ip addresses

Postby Tuesday Terry on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:15 pm

Chris,

I can't remember when I signed up, if there was any security in place to keep bot spammers away. This is where they have to put in a randomly selected word or words to prove that it is a real person. I have some administration experience on forum sites and we kept the bots out 98% of the time. The actual human spammers would have to be included by an administrator before they could actually post. This was done for EVERY new person, regardless of who it is. If you need some help with this, I could give you a reference site or so. One I can throw out right now is the Atari forum site. Any more you need to know about, hit me up. I would be glad to help.

Tuesday Terry
Quail Ridge
You don't quit playing games because you get old.

You get old because you quit playing games.
RCF Tag #337
Tuesday Terry
Bogey Poster

Postby Chris K on Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:08 pm

Terry, would you like to help us moderate this website? We certainly could use it.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby Tuesday Terry on Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:18 pm

I would love to Chris.
You don't quit playing games because you get old.

You get old because you quit playing games.
RCF Tag #337
Tuesday Terry
Bogey Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:17 pm

I have recently been made aware of a forum user who discovered the IP they were attempting to log in from had been blocked. There was a recent round of massive blocks to prevent ad-bots from even trying to sign up to the sight, which again, may have caught some real users in the net. Sorry.

If you experience a message that says you have been banned by an IP block, please contact me asap.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Return to Website/Message Board Info and Q & A