New course

ask questions, get answers, & find info about the RCF website/forums

New course

Postby Trickdaddy85 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:53 pm

I've been doing my research on all the parks in stl and I've learned that carondelet park is the 3rd park in stl and it'll be perfect for a 18 hole all par 6 & 7's and it's mapedd out for disk golf course
Trickdaddy85
Bogey Poster

Re: New course

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:30 pm

The plans to put a course in Carondelet Park have been an ongoing exercise in futility for something like 12-13 years now (someone correct me if that is inaccurate).

The problem has been two-fold, being swatted down by either the Parks Dept. or the Carondelet neighborhood association for a variety of political reasons. Everytime folks get close to convincing the Parks people, the neighborhood association submits a list of objections... and vice versa... and so forth. And, over time, the designs that were previously presented or used for "one-day temp course" events are now in conflict with newly constructed use-area's.

It basically comes down to where, if we want a course in Carondelet Park, we're going to need a person or two who is a resident of that area to get themselves on the board of the neighborhood assn. - to be a champion for the course. The people who used to be close to the goal have since burned out and abandon the effort... but if someone else were to come forward, someone who is willing to really put their heart and time into making it happen... I know the club would stand behind them.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Trickdaddy85 on Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:26 pm

Tell me how I can and will bc I've had a lot of ppl tell me it would be great park to do so in and would see to it that it happens I'm new to the sport and my kids even love it also but like I said tell me how to go about it and I'll see it though
Trickdaddy85
Bogey Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:24 pm

I honestly haven't a clue on how to contact or become involved in the Carondelet Neighborhood Organization (I might even have the name wrong), but if you can get to a point where you have become involved enough to have, at least, an audience with them, I can help you get in touch with the right people at the Parks Dept. Where all roads to disc golf in St. Louis City parks used to be dead ends, Willmore has been very well received by the Parks Dept and I feel it has opened the door to other possibilities which were closed before.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Chris Kinsella on Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:19 am

Come to a board meeting before you start, TD85. 4th Monday of every month at the Sports Cafe in Bridgeton. We welcome your support and interest to getting more courses installed in St Louis.
Chris Kinsella
Birdie Poster

Postby Trickdaddy85 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:48 am

Yea id love that bro ill definitely be there for sure
Trickdaddy85
Bogey Poster

Return to Website/Message Board Info and Q & A