New course questions

Maintenance, Improvements, Design, and Other Misc. Course Topics

New course questions

Postby c-wilson on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:13 am

Has anyone ever tried to put a course in on the logan college of chiropractic campus. I feel like it would be amazing if one were there. It looks like they designed it to be a disc golf course, with the hill and pond and slight wooded areas. All you would have to do is place the baskets where you wanted. nothing else, it's already perfectly maintained. just wondered if anyone has ever tried
c-wilson
Bogey Poster

Re: New course questions

Postby REDARMY on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:49 am

where is it? never heard of the place.
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby Golfer X on Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:58 am

c-wilson wrote:
Has anyone ever tried to put a course in on the logan college of chiropractic campus. I feel like it would be amazing if one were there. It looks like they designed it to be a disc golf course, with the hill and pond and slight wooded areas. All you would have to do is place the baskets where you wanted. nothing else, it's already perfectly maintained. just wondered if anyone has ever tried

Yes. There was a temporary course there with the intention to be permanent years ago but I think it was nixed by some behind the scenes whinger. It was, as you have suggested, amazing. Also, awesome. I have video of it somewhere but cannot access the digital tapes as the camera is broken.

And for fans of the Jean Claude Van Damme cinematic masterpiece Blood Sport, an animated gif:

Golfer X
Par Poster

Postby c-wilson on Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:49 am

The campus is in Chesterfield. just off of I-64. I go to school there and was throwing from the top of the hill. It really was amazing and all I could think was how easy it would be to put a course in, if you convinced the school that it would convince the school that incoming students would like it.
c-wilson
Bogey Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:03 pm

I'm not sure how many years it's been, but at one point, a course was SUPPOSED to happen there. We did actually have a temp course set up, & it did look as though Logan College would have been an AWESOME place for a really good course!! For some reason it never happened, but since you go to school there, why not bring it up & see if you can drum up some interest there?? Since there was a chance of a course in the past, MAYBE it could still happen. :idea:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:16 pm

I second that notion. :D
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Postby dischunter21 on Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:30 pm

the more parks the better
RCF#471
dischunter21
Bogey Poster

Postby rackne69 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:17 pm

yeah dave mac put in a temp 18 and had a tourney there. I think he was fishin for a new course but i dont think he got a bite. that was many years ago, maybe a new proposal should be submitted.
rackne69
Bogey Poster

Return to General Course Chat