Course App??

Maintenance, Improvements, Design, and Other Misc. Course Topics

Course App??

Postby Disc_Mike on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:27 pm

I recently started playing disc golf. Currently I am using a basic golf and disc golf app for courses. However i have to add all the information for each course before i am able to play. I am wondering if there are computer savvy players that would be intrested in designing an app for our courses here in STL.
In The Bag Champion Wraith,Star Archon,Champion Valkyrie,Champion Sidewinder, Star Vulcan,Champion Monster,Champion Viking,R-Pro Boss,DX Archangel,DX Dragon,Glo Nuke,DX Roc,Star Skeeter, DX Cheetah,Z-Buzzz,Champion Rhyno,SuperSoft Wizard
Disc_Mike
Bogey Poster

Re: Course App??

Postby Richard~Cheese on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:48 pm

First what kinda phone are you using? Droid or Iphone? There are several apps for Iphone, most of which are not free. Droid is limited. Especially with the features you want you probley wont find a free one. The PDGA app has most all courses with ratings per hole, distance, par, ect. And there are a few others, but alot of them are crap, look around till you find a good free one that you like. If you run across a decent disc golf game for your phone tell me I cant find one anywhere.
The "art" of revolution....
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby gregwil2 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:27 am

If your on Android, Easy Scorecard is a good app to keep score. You can find courses on it, but they don't have everything. But you can search by city, state, etc. If you can't find out , you can add it online and then download it to your phone.
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Postby Genn on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:33 am

If you're using an iPhone, Discasaurus is a nice, basic app for scorekeeping.
Genn
Bogey Poster

Postby Bison on Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:23 pm

Agreed with the above comment
Bison
Par Poster

Postby jbodet765 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:49 pm

There is an app I use called "UDisc"... It's 2.99 on the app store... Not sure if it's iPhone only but it is really nice.

-Locates courses near your current location
-Measures shot distance (not always very accurate)
-Create player profiles
-Statistics
-Scorecards
-Saved discs (saves plastic type, weight, flight characteristics, and notes)

Pretty sweet... I'm new to the sport and I can see myself getting better!
In the bag: Champion Beast, Champion Aviar (RiP), Champion Valkyrie, Champion Sidewinder, Champion Panther, Evolution Element, Evolution Apache, Evolution Samurai, Evolution Wizard, SSS Wizard, SSS Voodoo (RiP)
jbodet765
Bogey Poster

Return to General Course Chat