new courses

Postby dischunter21 on Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:18 pm

bee tree and/or susan parks should get courses :D :D
RCF#471
dischunter21
Bogey Poster

Re: new courses

Postby STARFIRE on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:57 pm

These two parks are nice but it's highly unlikely a disc golf course will ever be there.

We should approach all local Park Departments with a Disc Golf Course Proposition at least once a year. This way we might see more courses blossom.

Remember though, RCF really only deals with St. Louis County. We need residents of outside cities to make a move with the Parks Department if we ever want to get more courses. St. Louis is good but travel outside a little bit and there's not much, especially south. That's why we started the JCS, to get more courses in Jefferson County.
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Postby QuailRunner on Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:13 am

I have land between DeSoto and Potosi that we could set up a temp course sometime for a day or weekend.

There is a lot of land, roads and water, but no buildings.

I have 3 temp pins so we would need some more to do a course.

Serious responses needed. Plenty of interesting terrain, it is an old strip mine property. 80 miles from OFallon.

I would be interested in getting a group for a Saturday disc jam, I'd even walk for a change! ;)
QuailRunner
Bogey Poster

Postby emptv on Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:12 am

Disc Up QuailRunner,
The LAKERS have done this sort of thing before and we could be persuaded (easily) to do it again. We could probably round up 5 or more baskets. Of course the date would have to be set, so we could work it into our schedules. Sounds like a good time to me. :D

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

New course, Highland IL

Postby emptv on Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:47 am

Disc Up,
Copied from Gateways site:

New 18 hole Course in Highland, Illinois

Tonight Justin and I were out in Highland Illinois ( about 40 minutes from our shop) working on our latest course design and installation project.

This 18 hole course is situated around Silver lake , with lots of challenging holes in a beautiful park-like setting.

Justin compared the front 9 to a less hilly JB and said the back 9 has a Centralia like feel on a few of the holes. The lake comes into play on holes 1,3,7, 10, 11 ands 12,,,it should be a lot of fun to play ! :0

The course is about 90% designed and installation is expected to begin around the 16th. Hopefully the course will be ready for the public by Thanks Giving.

Anybody else know anything about this, and if so share all of this great information.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

Re: New course, Highland IL

Postby REDARMY on Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:25 am

emptv wrote:Disc Up,
Copied from Gateways site:

New 18 hole Course in Highland, Illinois

Tonight Justin and I were out in Highland Illinois ( about 40 minutes from our shop) working on our latest course design and installation project.

This 18 hole course is situated around Silver lake , with lots of challenging holes in a beautiful park-like setting.

Justin compared the front 9 to a less hilly JB and said the back 9 has a Centralia like feel on a few of the holes. The lake comes into play on holes 1,3,7, 10, 11 ands 12,,,it should be a lot of fun to play ! :0

The course is about 90% designed and installation is expected to begin around the 16th. Hopefully the course will be ready for the public by Thanks Giving.

Anybody else know anything about this, and if so share all of this great information.

8-)

Second this request!

someone speak up!
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby dehaas on Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:21 pm

i live pretty much between collinsville and highland and know where that park is, but haven't ventured up there to see if there is anything in the ground yet. i might trek up there monday and see what's going on.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:03 pm

Yeah, please do that! This is exciting news!
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:48 am

the course is there apparently; it's listed on DGCR and there's a course map on there.

unless someone makes it before me, i'll report back in 2 weeks when i make the trip.
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:17 am

So the sleeves are sunk and the tee signs posts are all in.

On Monday we will drop 18 brand new Titan Pro-24 disc golf targets in the ground and play the Rikkli family disc golf course at silver lake in Highland Illinois.
There are only a few holes left that need any work.

This course is mostly in a park like setting amongst very tall mature trees with honeysuckle on the edges making the rough kind of rough. Several really sweet greens next to a lake and 2 small ponds (water comes into play on 5 holes). Theres a few tight tunnel shots and a few big Hyzers, over all a somewhat challenging course for players of all skill levels that is probably a little harder than it appears.

I’d say the course is pretty lefty friendly with lots of low and medium trajectory left to right shots which will also favor a righty with a good sidearm.
theres 2 par 4’s and a few others that will certainly play to a par 4 when playing from the long tees tro the long pin placements.
The plan is to have 3 pin locations per hole and Ive left plenty of room on the greens to go left right or back.
I’ll get an overhead map up with directions once the course is actually in the ground!!!

Apparently GDS just finished another course in Potosi. There's a picture of it on gdstour.com.
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Next

Return to General Course Chat