Best Course using existing course holes

Maintenance, Improvements, Design, and Other Misc. Course Topics

Best Course using existing course holes

Postby gregwil2 on Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:52 pm

I was trying to think of the best course you could make while using existing course holes in St Louis area. Admitting I haven't played all the courses around the area or played some enough to appreciate them. I took a shot at my "fantasy" course using existing holes. Some I haven't found a hole I necessary special, but then some I have 2 or 3 that would fit the bill.

Hole Course, Tee, Pin Discription
1 Rock Spring Through tree gap where basket is just past big rock on a hill with trees all around
3.1 JB Pin C/D? Through the gap, up the hill, behind the tree, thick brush all around
3.2 Woodland Blue A Hit gap or go around initial tree line, OB stream along the way, gardian tree in front, water behind basket
6.1 Sioux Passage Pin D Across the valley and back down in open area
6.2 Willmore Pin B OB path right, stream/trees left, deep shot with OB threat upshot
7.1 Brisco Woods Pin B? Narrow off the tee, opening up to field with dense woods L&R, drop off behind basket
7.2 Carrollton White Pin C Throw up hill to hit first gap or second, get through line of trees to pin tucked behind tree
7.3 Rock Spring Short shot but placement is key otherwise you're either down the hill or putting strait at the hill
8 Carrollton Blue Pin C Long drive just to get upto Red tee, then second shot to hit gap with road left, basket dropoff behind basket
9.1 Sioux Passage Pin D Out the tight gap from the base of the hill, through fairway
9.2 Woodland Blue A Tight wooded shot opening up to some trees, across stream lake on right
10 Woodland Blue B Elevated on one side of lake, throwing to other side with pin close to lake
11 Carrollton White Pin C Start right with trees to hit gap or go around to fiarway, OB road left, trees right, pin tucked in deep in cove
12 Endicott Pin C Blair witch tunnel shot with (usually) thick brust off the fairway
13.1 Sioux Passage Pin C Best hole in St Louis, downhill shot with OB left and behind
13.2 Carrollton Pin C Tee shot setup to go through or around tree line, basket on top of short hill next to pine
14 Silver Lake Pin B? Tunnel shot through pine trees
16.1 Logan Pin B? Tight fairway bordered by fence (R) and woods (L), across stream
16.2 Sioux Passage Pin C Throw between or over OB tall grass, deep with OB road behind
17.1 Horner Park White It's only 220 but, over the lake almost entire flight with OB road behind
17.2 JB Pin D Through woods with fairway turing right, then tight upshot with heavy woods on left
18 Endicott Pin C Though semi-tight woods, across path, in between trees
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Re: Best Course using existing course holes

Postby DISC N TWEEK on Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:59 pm

Wilmore hole 2
DISC N TWEEK
Par Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:00 pm

Some day, we will actually have matter transporters and will be able to "beam" from any basket to another teepad... anywhere. :shock:
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby DISC N TWEEK on Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:11 pm

Coming soon to a walmart near you!!
DISC N TWEEK
Par Poster

Return to General Course Chat