JC Sharpshooters Info

Got Tourney Questions? Want to talk about PDGA Pros or other Events? this is the spot...

JC Sharpshooters Info

Postby Sac on Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:39 pm

I'm not sure what section to put this so please move it if needed. I've been asked to post JCS tournaments here because some people don't like Facebook. I rarely come to these boards, so I decided to give these people another option....text alerts!

You can sign up for JCS text alerts by texting @jcsdg to 81010 or alternatively you can go to https://www.remind.com/join and enter @jcsdg and your mobile phone number.

This is a work in progress, so I'm not 100% on how this all will work, but my goal is that people who might not be on Facebook can use this to know about tournaments and things. We'll still require Facebook for pre-registration, but at least they'll know about it. My thought is that for tournaments, I'll send out an initial text with the flyer (might end up being 2 texts at that time to give any additional information). There will probably be another text as the tournament gets closer as a reminder. I may actually create an additional "class" for bigger tournaments if there needs to be even more information revolving around that single event. Other times I see us sending out texts is for work days, start of league, etc. I do NOT want to blow up your phones with texts. If you think I'm sending out too many texts, I'd appreciate you letting me know what you think is adequate and you can always text STOP to 81010 to leave the "class".

In case you're wondering, remind.com is based around schools and classes (which is where I got the idea to use it (my kid's school)). I have verified that it is fine for us to use.

Hopefully we'll get a handful of people to sign up tonight and I'll send out the Night Flight flyer tomorrow (even though Night Flight is currently full) to verify all of this is working the way I think it's going to work.

I hope this helps some people! If it works well, I'd personally like to see other clubs do it also. As long as it's done tactfully, I don't think it'll be too bad.

Preferably, still join and go to our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/SharpshootersDiscGolf/

Of course text and data rates may apply...(are there still people who have text limits?)
Sac
Bogey Poster

Return to General Tourney Talk / Q & A