Promote/Discuss Tournaments & Events outside the greater STL-area

The Mighty Shunga Open Topeka Kansas Oct 1-2

Postby _VW_ on Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:49 pm

Mighty Shunga Open (Pro/Adv) A/B Tier
Event Info
Date: Oct 1-2
Tournament Director: Bren Nordgren
Phone: 785-608-8688

I am planning on heading up with a couple buddies, if anyone is interested, we should have room in the car, as well as a place to stay... let me know.

Vince
_VW_
Bogey Poster

Re: The Mighty Shunga Open Topeka Kansas Oct 1-2

Postby rondisc on Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:09 pm

Prob not doing this, but def a good time. Been there done that BTDT. Springfield IL has a 1 day B tier Oct1 Capital City Challenge, and home is only 100 miles. Done this B4 and also have done the MSO. 1 day is where most of the homies will be. Good luck in KS. Make sure you do not throw your disc on Hole 18 in the water. Long shot but you can do this.

Peace,
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Re: The Mighty Shunga Open Topeka Kansas Oct 1-2

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:45 pm

Hey, you know... the Renaissance Festival in Bonner Springs is just a really short drive up from Topeka and is going on that same week. I normally don't go in for the nerdy festivals and the Renaissance Fair in STL is really not that great, but K.C. is my home town and the fair in Bonner Springs is done really well. They even have actual live Jousting where some ballsy s.o.b.'s get knocked stupid and seriously injured (they use padded javelins, but still). The location is actually a permanent location that never gets taken down, so it even looks great.

Just an idea...
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Return to Tournaments Elsewhere