Sioux Passage - Improving the Golf Holes

Forum to discuss the improvement of our St. Louis area disc golf courses

Sioux Passage - Improving the Golf Holes

Postby raymandisc on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:18 pm

Post your suggestions on improving the golf holes at Sioux Passage.
"I want a name when I loose. They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me DFL"
raymandisc
Birdie Poster

Re: Sioux Passage - Improving the Golf Holes

Postby forehand on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:44 pm

Cant get any better!!!! well Id like to see a island hole carved into the OB somewhere on the back nine. I guess it would be more of a peninsula w/OB on every side!!
TAG #1
forehand
Birdie Poster

Postby dehaas on Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:48 am

forgive me if i get the holes wrong, but isn't 16 the one with the big patch of grass slightly left of the fairway? the hole with the basketball court? an island green in the middle of the patch would be outright nasty. maybe a circle with an 80 foot diameter with a path cut from the fairway leading in to the hole. that way you could lay up in the fairway and approach to the green.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby rfdiscer32 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:11 pm

i know this isn't about just holes but how bout some more benches.
Also, a quality 9 or small-mid 18 would be incredible while getting some shorter arms to the park.
btw, I love sioux
rfdiscer32
Bogey Poster

Postby REDARMY on Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:24 pm

i'm diggin the island pin on 16 idea, and god knows the place does need more benches, but that course needs upgraded tee signs before money is poured into anything else.
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:42 am

Well, played Sioux on Fri., the 22nd, & unfortunately, one of our signature holes has lost a KEY tree. Hole # 13, the awesome downhill hole, well, for some reason, they cut the last tree that was just left & in front of the main C pin placement!!! :evil: That just sucks......... It certainly DOESN'T improve that hole....... :cry:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby Working Stiff on Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:11 pm

dehaas wrote:forgive me if i get the holes wrong, but isn't 16 the one with the big patch of grass slightly left of the fairway? the hole with the basketball court? an island green in the middle of the patch would be outright nasty. maybe a circle with an 80 foot diameter with a path cut from the fairway leading in to the hole. that way you could lay up in the fairway and approach to the green.
It's just me I know, but if I'm a park manager letting native grasses grow, an 80' diameter circle and path cut into it kinda defeats the purpose somewhat. I guess you can argue that the existing fairway already cuts into that area, but from a resource management point of view I hate the idea.
Working Stiff
Birdie Poster

Postby raymandisc on Mon May 03, 2010 8:10 pm

Fresh of the 2010 St. Louis Open. I'm going throught the holes and really don't see anything to change. Some would say hole 18 is not good or unfair. I don't see it. Maybe no real fairway to get to the long placement. But other than that I'm good. Some don't like hole 9. But, again I'm good with it. The native grass is such a long arm killer or even the weak arms like me. OB is good. :mrgreen:
"I want a name when I loose. They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me DFL"
raymandisc
Birdie Poster

Postby eupher61 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:35 pm

I keep trying to come up with a way of eliminating the double walk up the hill, using existing holes only, just renumbered. No other parking is the issue. Getting 18 in both areas would be the best, obviously. It's a great course, except that walk from 15-16. KIlls me every time.
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Return to Improving the Golf Holes at Our Local Courses